what is your instrument of choice?

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by 4_Leaf_Clover, May 9, 2004.

1. hiddendoor

hiddendoor Member

A bit of electric guitar (quite shit though) would love a Coral electric sitar (please Santa Claus hehe)

currently teaching myself the air Hurdy Gurdy and air Oud

2. Gary3108

Gary3108 Member

I play guitar drums bass and piano and like piano.

3. baboonus_galactus

baboonus_galactus Member

Fuzzbass all the way baby. I use to tune it down to C and make things rumble. Man, I just love it. :cool:

4. neohippie101

neohippie101 Member

drums, harmonica

wat an odd combination

5. Didgin'1

Didgin'1 Member

I've been playin' the didgeridoo for around 7 years now. Luv it Luv it Luv it!

6. kjhippielove88

kjhippielove88 color + rhyme

drums and harmonica

7. travelindreds

travelindreds Member

jug, blowing on a jug rules

8. gnombient

gnombient Member

I play a bunch of different instruments (some more proficiently than others) but lately my favorite has been the ole glissando guitar-- played with a butter knife and routed through lots of modular effects...

9. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

been playing clarinet since 2nd grade, now i can play all the clarinets in the family. took classes in piano the last two years. i played tenor sax back in high school for a bit. i've taught myself how to play bass and drums in the past year or so. i like to sing here and there, but i don't really do that often.

10. LittleRedOne

LittleRedOne Member

Voice! And I'm starting drumming lessons in January

11. mountaingirl

mountaingirl Member

i play fiddle, either bluegrass, new grass or any type of acoustic music. what i like about fiddle is the great improv stuff you can do with it. it can play a melody that sings like a gem or make crazy phsycadelic sound effects, or both at the same time! i also play a little bit of bass...you know like upright bass. i just like to accompany other people with it for fun if an upright happens to be around. what do y'all play?

12. gottssunfire

gottssunfire Member

I have an acoustic guitar i'm struggling with, but i just really love all bass instruments.

personally i play the tuba, quite well infact, but trombone, bari sax, cello, bass... i love all of them

13. ElChivato

ElChivato SeNioR MeMBeR

i've being playing the flute for like a year and a half now. it's boring... and i wanna drop band because the teachers are weird, but mom and dad think i should stick with it, so i suppose i will. my lil sis does percussion; bells and drums. it's quite loud and annoying right now since she doesn't know how to play much but i guess she'll get better.

14. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

I played baritone/valve trombone (a trombone played like a trumpet etc.) in jr higha nd grade 10...I would like to find a valve tromone again as it is a pretty nice sounding instrument....right now i have a harmonica and im doin petty good on that...i just need more keys...

15. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

i hear that the valve trombone is an extremely hard instrument, but it seems like it would be easier to me because of the fact it has valves instead of a slide.

and i'm glad to see that alot of people actually play instruments here. that's awesome.

16. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

novation a station analogue synth :p

17. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

i played a valve trombone once, and yeah it is extrememly difficult, but thats cos i didn't know how to! i mean, it's the same with any intstrument, you spend hundreds and hundreds of hours pouring blood and sweat into studying it, and thats how you get good.
    I don't play valve trombone, i play bass trombone and synths/piano.
    playing an instrument is one of the most satisfying, rewarding things ever.

18. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

IMHO it is easier because i learned on a baritone, and it has the exact same fingerings for the same notes, and its in the same key...It was a easy tarnsfer for me...

I wish i caould find a chep one... :p

one thing that amazed me is all the harminica player in the crowd...

19. Hippievixen

Hippievixen Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My instrument of choice is flute, I've been playing since I was 12. I play by ear and read music, too. I also play guitar and love to sing. Some say I sound like Janis without the rasp. I wish I could get that rasp down, though, man! Not enough drugs and booze, I suppose. *giggle*

20. wyvern

wyvern Member

I play everything lol

.... most badly acually the list is smaller if i list the ones i can actually enjoy the sound made whilst playing:

Piano, guitar, bass, all sax, flute, viola, cello, vocals, organ, didge, harmonica, the malacat? (electric xylophone), drums, sitar (not extremely well), pan pipes, decks, ....... .... i think thats it wait .... ummm triangle, ummmm symbols, ummmm claves ... lol and harp.

but my fave is bass/guitar bass for the sound, especially slap! and guitar for its range and versatility

sorry for the spelling its 2:13 am and im as stoned as an unwanted ferret.

Peace and Love