what is your instrument of choice?

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by 4_Leaf_Clover, May 9, 2004.

1. Varuna

Varuna Senior Member

I have a Martin D-28, a guitar that inspires you to happily lose a pint of fluid everytime you hear it.

2. MarkN

MarkN Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

A couple of guitar playing buddys and myself belong to the same motorcycle club. Guitars are bulky and akward to carry on bikes, so we play kazoos. Its a very versitile insterument, and fits in your pocket. If you can hum a tune you can play. If your tone deaf, you suck.:confused: We play everything from mozart to sanatra, to hendrix.

3. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

I can play air drums, air mandolin, air saxaphone, air piano and

GUITAR(with no air involved)

peace
    chickens

4. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

hello fellow air drum player ;)

5. Rayeine

Rayeine Member

I've never read music...but i play the drums/guitar and piano..
    out of all of those, i would have to say that the drums are my instrument of choice..just because you have the ability to make a drum beat with your hands...on a wall...on a table, anywhere..its like the ultimate portable instrument. Window wipers can be a beat if going at a certain speed...
    ....the beat is everywhere...i love just busting out and making noise, wherever i am at that present moment in time.

6. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

This thread has been viewed 666 times. Creepy.
    I just bought a melodica for my collection. It's like a cross between a hormonica and a piano. It's really cool.

7. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i play...

drums
    bongos
    and a lil' keyboard

8. moonlightdelerium

moonlightdelerium Senior Member

I started to learn the banjo last night. I have a one day rental on it so I have to pay for it now. I'm going down the rent-to-own plan. I am also going to purchase a double bass. I already play it but I don't own one so its time to just break down and get it. I'm gonna get a sweet deal on it. I think about 700$ canadian. The banjo'll be about 400$.

9. moonlightdelerium

moonlightdelerium Senior Member

]

Can't go wrong with Rickenbacker, thats for sure. I'd love one but at this rate I'm too broke :) My bank account is getting pretty slim if ya know what I mean.

10. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Bass... I love thumpin' along on my dumpy Squier P-Bass.

11. Sun Shine

Sun Shine Member

I am quite open to most instruments. I own a guitar, a saxophone, and a clarinet. I can also play all of them. I am in a local Jazz/Jam band where i play my sax. My clarinet is for my personal time and so is the guitar, but my friend wants to hook up and do some duet stuff with him on trumpet and me on guitar.

12. ozzy63347

ozzy63347 Member

dejembe it is all around sound

13. lover/young_peace

hahaha... hell yeah, ain't it the truth. ;)

14. highhippy

highhippy Member

lol, ok then, hehe thats my guitar!

15. lover/young_peace

*swoons* - sexy guitars, the both of you. Really, nothing is sexier than a guy (or a chick if you like it!) who has a guitar. Of course, it helps when he can play it...:H

dopesickkid, if you dont mind me asking, why did your dad smash such a beautiful instrument? The only person allowed to smash such a beauty is Pete Townshend ;) ... no , but seriously, all guitars are sexy, but that one is awesome blossom.

16. lover/young_peace

ahhh.. there is no such thing as too loud when it comes to guitars :H I'm sorry though, I will mourn the loss of your beautiful guitar.

17. hippielaura

hippielaura Member

I love playing piano, organ, and guitar.

It always calms me down to just sit and play for hours.

18. LoveHealsTheWorld420

LoveHealsTheWorld420 Member

No question, the electric guitar-- nothing matches the sheer fury and totally unadulterated coolness of a Les Paul guitar plugged into a Marshall amp on 10 :)

19. TheStoon

TheStoon Member

Apart from the totally unadulterated coolness of a Rickenbacker 330/6 plugged into a Vox AC-30.

Or a Fender Telecaster 72 Slimline plugged into anything at all!!

20. peace*love*congas

peace*love*congas Member

I LOVE congas. It's so amazing how many sounds it is possible to make with a single drum. And those guys who get on 4 (and can handle 'em all) are SICK. I recently bought an LP matador quinto and and LP matador conga, in dark wood ofcourse. They're SOO beutiful and have an amazing tone.

I also play alot of flute. and I can feel my way around a few other instruments. But hand percussion is my all time passion because with all the shakers and tambourines and bongos and bells and cymbals, the combinations of how they are used are endless