what is your instrument of choice?

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by 4_Leaf_Clover, May 9, 2004.

1. weaselpop

weaselpop Member

The clarinet is beeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaauuuuuuutiful, but i don't play it. My other favs are cello and bass guitar, which if do.

2. weaselpop

weaselpop Member

Oh yeah, i like stell drums, too. But i haven't played them in ages. I wish I could. :(

3. K-Town Smackdown

K-Town Smackdown Member

My wang...and guitar.

4. joe

joe Banned

I play Trumpet, Blues Harmonica, a lil bit of tenor sax and still trying to fuckin learn the acoustic guitar

5. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I play guitar and I tend to gravitate towards guitarists as my favorite musicians, but IMHO the piano is the ultimate composing instrument and all musicians should learn to play it if only a little.

6. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

skin flute and acoustin/electric guitar

7. Nirvana_Stratocaster

Nirvana_Stratocaster Member

MY instrument of choice is he Guitar, i want to become a gutaris (im only 13 at the moment, but im good), I play a 1998 Fender Stratocaster and I wrote my own songs and play a lot of older music, and system of a down and 3 doors down! I LOVE MUSIC!!!!!:)

8. akhc

akhc Member

the cello.. closest instrument to the male tenor voice.. absolutely gloriously mellow!

9. Lizz

Lizz Member

I can play violin, cello, flute, piano, and guitar, but am concentrating on oboe, right now.

10. IdentityCrisis

IdentityCrisis Member

I would say my flute :) I've been playing it since I was 11. soo.. almost 5 years.

11. Melancholia

Melancholia Member

Piano! I've been playing since... crap, I don't even know how old I was when I started. All I remember is I could *barely* reach the pedals :)

Other than that, I played oboe for quite some time, though it's been years since I've even touched it. I also played cello for a bit (was never all that good at it). I recently got a guitar as well, which I can't play very well at all just yet, but I still enjoy messing around with it.

12. Sally

Sally Member

I play piano, bass-guitar, and guitar. My favorite instrument is the guitar. I couldn't live without my strat:rolleyes:

13. highhippy

highhippy Member

kewl u have a strat, wot one?! i got one 2!! and i play bass, and clarinet and sax and drums and i fink i like drums and guitar best then clarinet and then sax!"

14. Sally

Sally Member

Cool! :) Here's my Strat...

15. gypsy_laurel

gypsy_laurel Member

PIANO!! I have been playing the piano for 16 years. I am more of a concert pianist and I love to play gospel music. It just sucks that the piano is not that easy to carry along with you. I am in the market for a new instrument, one that I can carry long distances, like overseas. Any suggestions?

16. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

i want a guitar SOOOOOOOO very bad but I have no job, cant get a job (believe me I've desperatley tried for years) , and we have no money in the family. So, no guitar. Plus, I don't know how to play or know anybody who could teach me.

SO I PLAY AIR GUITAR! HAHAHA!!

oh well...

17. dementedana

dementedana Member

Ive been playing flute for 6 years now
    I have been playing mandolin a couple months,
    and Guitar for a while now
    im learning a little bass on the side
    music is great
    its cool when you really figure out how to write
    or sit down and watch someone write it

18. Melancholia

Melancholia Member

Hi, fellow pianist :) Try an electronic keyboard. They're portable enough. I have (in addition to my *real* piano) a yamaha P80 - very nice sound and the keys feel just right for me.

19. Meeshka Chaukinov

Meeshka Chaukinov Senior Member

I love my bass or drums. I've really been wanting an oot (or however the hell you spell it), for awhile now, but i can never find one. they sound like a cross between a sitar and a mandolin.

20. Magical Mystery Girl

Magical Mystery Girl Member

Bass. :)

I play a 4003 Rickenbacker in fireglo and I wouldn't trade it in for any other bass. I tried many instruments but bass just felt right. I love the sound and its role musically in a band.