what is your instrument of choice?

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by 4_Leaf_Clover, May 9, 2004.

1. 4_Leaf_Clover

4_Leaf_Clover I Love

i have to go with guitar, because of its versatility.

but in different ways, all of the instruments that i play are favorites.
    guitar/drums/bass/piano/woodwinds...

what do you play?
    and what are your favorite things about it?

~Clover
    [​IMG]

2. chandra anjali

chandra anjali Member

harmonica ;)

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the only musical instrument i believe i've ever achieved anything remotely resembling a proffessional level of proficiency with was the french horn, and that was many years ago. i did also get somewhere near passibly adiquite with the wooden recorder and played in the baronial consort of three mountains up in an tir briefly in the mid 80s.

i also built and played with the paia kit analog synth modules in the late 70s using a vox jaguare as a source. the only thing i've played with in the past decade or so are really funkey little cheap dime store non-midi keyboards, little more then toys really, but i get my fix of needing to play or practice something when it comes over me that way.
    never could comfortably get my hands arround a fret board, which may be just as well, considering my tin ear and dessonant voice.
    (those metal bottemed cans mixed nuts come in have a really neat percussive sound when played with the finger nails btw)

=^^=
    .../\...

4. Rover-Lass

Rover-Lass Member

Folky fiddle all the way!

5. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

i just started playing bass not too long ago, a month or so. Im doing suprisingly well, considering how long ive been going at it. I've got a bunch though, a antique sax, several hormonicas, a strat, two yahmaha keyboards, fruity loops/sonar2, and an acordian. All instruments are cool though, they all are unique with their own sound.

6. sassure

sassure Member

1. A keyboard

2. An acoustic guitar

7. warthog

warthog Member

edit out oy post

8. sonik

sonik Member

I play Guitar, Bass & Keyboard (synth mainly).

If theres anybody in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area who wants to jam, send me a PM.

:cool:

9. Magical Mystery Girl

Magical Mystery Girl Member

I'm a bass player and I love absolutely everything about it. I adore the sound of a bass, particularly that of my Rickenbacker. :)

10. shinta

shinta Member

I play digerido for 2,5 years now

11. serra

serra tentacle girl

my tech 12s. they are my babies....

also, trumpet, back in the day. never really "felt" it though, it was just something i was randomly good at with little effort....

12. fractalated

fractalated Member

i know exctly what you mean - i played the piano but was never very good because i never felt it either.

then came the decks and woo-hoo! if i can't make them sing!

current instrument of choice: 2 x Pioneer CDJ100s + 2x Technic SL1210s + FX unit...(oh yea and the mixing deck too!)

yea baby ;)

13. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

I play guitar, and I like it a lot. I might take a swing at keyboard, but I don't know.

14. dread_wannabe

dread_wannabe Member

i play the piano,violin,drum set, bells, keyboard, and pretty much any other percussion thing you can think of. I loved all kind of music when i started just sitting d0own and figuring out what i could do was fun. but now my mom has my schedule set of practice time. i come home from school homework till 4:00 piano for three hours violin for 2 and if there is no more homework left i will do drums for a hour sometime but by then it is getting late so she isnt very strict on them. so it is not near as much fun as it used to be

15. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i like my mandolin most of all

but the washtub bass is my favorite to play
    also the guitar, the fiddle, the bass fiddle and my banjolin, in that order

16. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Nice....2 of my best friends play mandolins...and other strings...Liza rocks on the banjo. I play along with my little hand drum. My favorite intstrument is the one I was born with.....my voice...I love singing and witing lyrics and melodies its a good thing I'm friends with sooo many musicians:)

17. Ellis

Ellis Member

Hmm, I just started playing the saxophone for about 2 weeks now. I wanted to play the sax since I was like ten. It was a dream come true when I foun one for 70€ at some fleamarket in Brussels. Its a really old one, but I'm happy!:) I also play the drums and a little bit of guitar (but thats not working very well...)

18. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

This is an easy one. The Mind.

I also enjoy the guitar.

19. TripAmerika

TripAmerika Member

the marimba...so beautiful

20. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

I play the bass. Only have been for a year or so, but I really enjoy playing.