What Is Your Ideal Political System???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jesuswasamonkey, May 9, 2004.

1. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

Sounds nice DL...

But it aint gonna happen :p

2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

the divine anarchy is ok and is .
    it's best and simple and is .
    not much to do but live it , and
    suffer for now the schiz of the vote

3. underground04

underground04 Member

a world government, the entire planet would become a confederacy of the un with one millitary, one currency and a constitution. its focus would be to improve the lives of all people, stop agression and tyrany and after that to devote its resorces to protecting the environment and space travel. then we could build an interplanetary empire like in warhammer 40000 or halo. i know itd never happen but the idea is hella kewl, right?

4. elderview

elderview Visitor

This quote is right on target, in my view. The problem is that ours has gotten too big and too corrupt and thereby "owned" more by foreign investors than our own people. For example, foreign owners who have contracts with us can, and do, continually over-ride jury decisions and votes of state citizens, as in California where citizens wanted to ban certain gasoline products from cars but a foreign compay sued and won. Our leaders have, unfortunately. sold out many of our rights as citizens. The only way to turn this around, it seems, is to loudly protest and freelance articles to major publications and, if they won't accept the articles, start underground newspapers that succeed.

:)

5. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

A government with Green economic/environmental policies and Libertarian social policies.

6. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

I like the basic idea set forth in the US Constitution such as minimalistic federal government and democracy that exists within a legal framework. (Sadly we don't use the Constitution very much anymore.)

I wouldn't mind adding term limits to that and the 17th amendment absolutely has to go away.

I would also have a tax system based on a national retail sales tax such as the one at fairtax.org.

I would also make it a requirement that ALL federal legislation have a section in it that cites the text in the constitution that gives the federal government authority to impose that legislation.