What is your favorite surface to walk barefoot on?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by barefootonli, Aug 1, 2013.

1. edde

edde Members

In the streets from big cities, a lot of different surfaces there.

Barefoot_Longhair likes this.
  2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

After a barbecue or bonfire, Jane and I walk over the ash before we go to bed and crush any glowing embers out. Needless to say, we take a shower afterwards.

3. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Do you ever suffer any injuries from doing this? While I've challenged snow and ice, I've never had the chance to try fire walking, although I've sometimes thought about it.

wilsjane likes this.
  4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

We have never had any serious burns, but the fire is mostly out and the glowing embers are coated with ash. We have never tried fire walking, but one night we had to stomp the burning grass out around a campfire and it did no harm to our feet, just singed the hair off my legs. LOL. I think that the 'mind over matter' theory also has a scientific explanation. When you are afraid, you produce sweat and the moisture conducts heat. A few years ago, several people were burnt at a fire walking seminar. It appeared that although they were given a talk to prevent the fear, several people kept their shoes on until the last minute which would have accounted for them having damp skin. I think that the same applies to lighting an open fire. Jane has lived with open fires all her life and adds logs with her bare hands. She has also scrunched burning newspaper out with her hands to prevent it drawing up the chimney and has never ended up with any burns. I am quite used to it and have done the same on occasions, but friends look at her as if she is crazy.