What is your favorite surface to walk barefoot on?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by barefootonli, Aug 1, 2013.

1. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Wow, winter really killed this place...

I've been thinking hard about what to say here, and I came to the conclusion that everything that doesn't damage my feet is all good, because I love variety and every surface is a unique experience. But if I absolutely must choose a particular type of surface, dry, dusty sand on a sunny summer's day ranks pretty high. I dig digging it with my toes.

One that I'd like to experience is tree trunks. Since I missed out on my childhood barefoot experiences due to my anxieties, I never got to experience what tree bark feels like against your sole when you climb trees in barefeet.

2. aphrodite_pretty

aphrodite_pretty Member

Hardwood floors at midday on a bright sunny day. When the wood has been warmed and it's so pleasant under feet.

3. rol the sole

rol the sole Member

Every surface - that is the wonderful thing about being a barefooter. In everyday life you get to experience different settings- I live in a big city and walk the city streets. Tarmac, concrete, paving stones,rough gravel etc but I'm alao lucky that 5 minutes from my home I'm in miles of open countryside. Ihave the best of both - rambling in the open country or pounding the city streets. amazing how your feet adapt to surroundings!
    Do like walking on rough ground and gravel. love being barefoot and getting my feet filthy.

2 people like this.
  4. rol the sole

rol the sole Member

Warm asphalt is great.It gets your soles really dirty and black though. :D

2 people like this.
  5. Winter did kill this place....dreams of tingling black summer street soles seize my soul....tssssssssss

6. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Wood. Glorious wood. I like to walk on a wood floor barefoot :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Stinging hot pavement

1 person likes this.
  8. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

My favorite place to go barefoot is the shower.

9. hotasphaltblisteredsoles

hotasphaltblisteredsoles  

Very hot asphalt was my favorite last summer, and I want to train for extra hot asphalt this summer.

I will also be carrying flip flops in a waistpack this summer only because I will be doing extended asphalt walking whenever there is a choice to walk on asphalt, and without shade until it's urgently too hot and I'll reach the blister point. Flea markets are ideal extra long walks when parking lots and even street festivals are more than doable. Flea markets might have a problem entering barefoot if they have security and not just an attendant taking money, but I can enter with flop flops and remove them after entry and they'll see I did have shoes instead of sneaking past them without shoes. Instead of shade when it's urgently too hot, I'll just put on the flip flops to stand on them, and then take them off again once the most urgent burning has gone away so the barefoot walk can continue until it's too hot once again.

If it's too hot at the very end of the barefoot walk, I'll tough it out until the actual end. If it burned enough, but didn't blister, then my soles will be stinging, feeling hot, I will even feel a pulse in my soles, but they no longer feel hot overnight. based on extended burning hot asphalt walks during inland valley summer afternoon peak heat. That's still enough to force the soles to tolerate that much more heat than they previously were used to. Right back on the heat the next day, because the soles were only burned. Once my soles are heat-proofed enough for miles of asphalt walking in hotter inland valleys, even if standing still requires heat relief motions because it's too hot to stand foot fully on the ground, I should be okay with desert area sidewalks and even be able to tolerate crossing an asphalt street or parking lot without blistering and as close to or during summer afternoon peak heat. If my soles can get used to that, then I would only need to wear shoes for extended desert area asphalt during summer afternoon peak heat during the hottest weather.

10. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

dry dirt

11. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

The Beach. Feels healing

12. rogerfederrer

rogerfederrer Members

Impressive soles rol the sole. Nice and black just the way I like them. Yes, warm asphalt is an excellent surface for blackening the bottoms of your feet and smooth asphalt surfaces are also better for blackening. Thanks for the personal message. I have not reached 20 posts yet(about 14), so cannot email you yet. I will as soon as I hit 20. Thanks.

13. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

14. P_Bateman

P_Bateman Members

The sands in the California coast. Wet , cold, hot , warm ,black, or white. I love em.

15. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

Slightly damp, slightly long grass on a warm summer morning.

Out on my usual Sunday morning Barefoot stroll around town, I came back through the park. Alternating between the grass and the warm stone paths felt really nice.

My soles were really clean after though, so not for those who like them dirty.

1 person likes this.
  16. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I would Like to walk Barefoot in a Field of Tits[​IMG] Otherwise its Shoes All Day

As you Were Guys Ignore me !!

1 person likes this.
  17. Field of tits or marshes of open ****....

18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

fine sand

fresh snow

19. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Cool tile floors.

20. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

Just drove home from work, and I see the local council have resurfaced the pavements on the next road to mine. About 200 yards of nice smooth black tarmac.

Think I'll go for a little early evening stroll.

1 person likes this.