What is your favorite Research Chemical?

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by porkstock41, Oct 2, 2013.

1. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

yes

not as long as LSD...and certainly not as long as the other "classics." it's also not had the plethora of scientific research done on it that LSD has.
    that's a big part of what makes research chemicals research chemicals - they haven't been researched very thoroughly.

no

2. thismoment

thismoment Member

4AcO-DMT, 25 mg.

Really enjoying MXE, 25-30 mg oral. The last time was the first night of a small gathering in some woods and meadows. I was sitting with some people and began to realize they were talking (indirectly) to me, telling me in metaphors and symbols that they were deeply committed to a psychedelic lifestyle.

3. Smitty25

Smitty25 Senior Member

A-HEM 2CT7
    Still my favorite. Although...it's been scheduled a while now, and my train of thought was more in line with what writer was saying.
    You wont see videos of 2cb being tested on soldiers on youtube, but there's a fair amount known about its pharmacology.
    There also seem to be universal traits held by psychedelics in general, and most certainly by those within the same family. Which would make some amount of testing repetitive for some surfacing chemicals before they are inevitably banned.

4. porkstock41

not as much as LSD. and there is still a good 30 year difference between the creation of LSD (1943) and the creation of 2cb ('74). i will admit that's not much to draw a distinction..but i still think the distinction can be drawn.

LSD and 2cb are quite different - my grandma probably knows what acid is, but not really all that many people in comparison have heard about 2cb. i would bet that more people have taken lsd than those that know what 2cb is. i might lose that bet.

and apparently 2cb didn't start to be distributed much before the 80s, which is when i was born, so i feel like LSD pre-dates me, while 2cb is about as new as i am.

i agree though, that someday 2cb and other RCs might fit the bill of "classical psychedelics." maybe it's a silly distinction, but i was just trying to generate some conversation on these mostly dead boards.

with all that said, i just checked erowid. it no longer has the research chemical sign on the 2cb page. so i guess you guys are right.

so what's your favorite RC, writer? you can't say LSD or 2cb, and we already know you like those.

5. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Then I have a really hard time picking :D between 2c-t-7, 4-aco-dmt, 4-ho-mipt, DOC, MXE . . .

Crap, is DPT a research chemical :D its used in a legally established religion

6. porkstock41

oh ya...religion's a real important criteria for anything :rolleyes:

see? i didn't know that you rate -t7 and DOC so high.

would you be able to provide me with some compare/contrast of DOC vs. LSD and DOC vs. 25c-nbome? DOC might be readily available. the duration is a long one, eh?

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The more testing and information on these chems the better, there may be some similarites but the testing may not be as repetitive as it may seem. 25I-nbome is a prime example, if the Nbome derivatives simply potentiated the pharmalogical profile of their 2c(x) counterparts then that would be one thing (probably still would be good to test even then) but what 25I-nbome's pharmalogical profile and effects suggest compared to 2ci's is that they can be quite different.

For instance, 2ci is one of the weaker 5ht2a agonists of the 2c(x) series while 25I-nbome is I believe the strongest 5ht2a agonist of the 25(x)-Nbome series and one of the strongest 5ht2a agonist that has been discovered. There is also certain receptors that are activated by 25i-nbome that I have never heard of implicated in 2ci's pharmalogical profile. On top of that, there is the more obvious differences in the Nbome's being minimal to no oral psychoactivity, which in and of itself shows that we can't necessarily rely on the testing of previous psychedelic chemicals to suggest anything about surfacing psychedelic chemicals.

8. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

NB I've only ever done it once, 1.12mg, and mixed with cannabis (of course). Yeah quite long, that's the only negative effect I could claim. Solid 14-16 hours of good activity. However the quality of those effects is quite high. I would describe it as quite phenythylamine-y and clean feeling. There was a touch of "gut rot" but nothing major or detracting (and since my n is 1 it could have been many other things).

It was very much like straight amphetamine; at once VERY relaxing and calming but also has you completely full of energy, in a paced sort of way, not all jittery and shaky like with caffeine but with the knowledge that you're going to be full of energy for many hours to come but for now what's the rush? :D So there is a physical increase in energy but the mental space (when combined with mj) is VERY relaxed and I'd say even a bit "mongish" like with a high dose of MDxx, where you are just too blissed out to do anything but be in that space and moment and just stand there with a permagrin plastered on your face relishing every instant of this delicious sensation.

The visuals were stunning even at this low level; like lucy, I felt that I had "HD vision", and when I would focus on the branches of trees, they would swirl in upon themselves fractally like they were going down a drain made of themselves, I've never had that sort of effect before.

There was a pleasant but light body high, again felt like a nice dose of adderall in that sense. Overall very very clean and maleable high at this level, and I've heard that closer to the 4mg+ range it becomes truly deeply psychedelic enough to even compete with high dose LSD experiences, which is exciting to imagine.

9. porkstock41

thanks writer, sounds pretty nice.
    no negative after effects?

what makes you like nbome less than DOC?

10. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

1) vasoconstriction
    2) fugue state
    3) little history of human use

11. Raga_Mala

Raga_Mala Psychedelic Monk

Obviously the term "research chemical" in the title doesn't refer only to unscheduled substances, since the OP included scheduled chemicals (e.g. 2c-b) in his post. Could I ask the posters here to comment on a slightly modified version of the question: What is your favorite UNSCHEDULED psychedelic? If you had to limit yourselves only to compounds that are legally available, what you name as your favorite psych?

For the benefit of any who may not know, I did a quick Wikipedia/Erowid search of all the trypt's and phen's mentioned so far. Here are their respective USA legal statuses (pretty much all these substances are potential analogs, so this list only refers to their explicit scheduling):

Miprocin - unscheduled
    2C-E - Schedule I
    2C-B - Schedule I
    4-aco-DMT - Unscheduled

Methylone - Unscheduled, but DEA has issued an emergency ban. Functionally illegal to have, buy or sell.

Moxy (5-MeO-MiPT) - Unscheduled

6-APB - Unscheduled

AL-LAD - ??? Wikipedia and Erowid both had no info on legal status. Presumably unscheduled since it is so rare. Erowid doesn't even have a vault on this chemical!

2C-T-7 - Schedule I

DOC - Unscheduled. (Prosecutable analogue as established by case law)

DPT - Unscheduled

12. porkstock41

i'm gonna stick with miprocin :)

so what's your favorite one, raga?...you didn't answer the question

13. Raga_Mala

Raga_Mala Psychedelic Monk

Fair enough! As a matter of fact, I have only ever tried ONE unscheduled psych, namely 25i-nbome.

Of the unscheduled chems listed so far, I would probably like to try 4aces the most. Fairly interested in miprocin, moxy, 6-apb and DPT as well.

14. Smitty25

Smitty25 Senior Member

The actual mechanism of action of lsd is still not fully known. It can be assumed it's safer because of the large amount of human consumption its had, but even the lethal dose isn't known (I do believe it exists, although it's certainly a ludicrously large dose)

Masonry's been around longer than electricity, but I'd bet the body of knowledge for electricity is a bit beefier.
    A time argument is kinda meaningless IMO.

That may be true, but that doesn't mean the people with the means are going to feel that way. The government only tested LSD to the extent that it did because it felt it was a good candidate for brainwashing, truth serum, etc. They are extremely unlikely to take enough interest in any emerging psychedelics (deliriants though...) to do any where near that kind of testing ever again.

15. porkstock41

well these days "the government" doesn't do the bulk of scientific research. they fund it. and there is actually a decent amount of research being done on psychedelics and what i would call psychedelic RCs. it's not as extensive as we all might like, but check out groups like MAPS. and john's hopkins university studies about psilocybin and others about mdma.

16. Smitty25

Smitty25 Senior Member

The difference is negligible. I'm aware of MAPS and the like. Most new things I've seen on MDMA have been more or less dismissible unfortunately. It is interesting that psilocybin may grow brain cells, but everything else I've seen on it is relying on a persons subjective experience rather than a trait the substance may hold across the board, and it's hardly a recently discovered synthetic compound. Any newly surfacing psychedelic seems to undergo the same pharmacologic tests (if that even), and then they move on.

17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The CIA operation project MK Ultra which tested LSD and drugs as candidates for brainwashing and what not was just that a project. It was by no means the comprehensive testing of psychedelics that went on prior to their criminalization.

MAPS hosted a week long Psychedelic Science conference this year, which I believe was fairly successful and had workshops of several different psychedelic studies going on and informative material. I mention this to illustrate there is interest in researching psychedelics.

18. porkstock41

exactly. and it's by people who do scientific research. to me that is a non-negligible difference, but it would be nice if people funding the research had interest in it as well.

but any research that is being done, that was presented at the conference GB mentioned, was funded...so it is getting funded.

they are drugs. pharmacological tests are what scientists do on drugs. what kind of research would you like to see being done, smitty?

19. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

4-AcO-DMT

20. porkstock41

refresh my memory, have you tried miprocin?