What Is Your Favorite Opiate?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by ssj3gotenks, Nov 10, 2005.

1. TooCrisp

TooCrisp Member

favorite opiate? Oxy...end of story.

and by the way, why are darvocets on there and not hydromorphone/dilaudid???

2. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

i used to say morphine, now its heroin.

3. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

TooCrisp is right, why isnt hydromorphone on there?

4. nickdeste

nickdeste Member

true they are 5/325 the script looked like 5/525 didn't read the bottle was so sick lol....but I've been taking percs 10/325 for my back surgery and elbow 10...15....sometimes 20 a day for 3 years with no problems so I wonder when they say 4000mg is fatal.l.

5. nickdeste

nickdeste Member

true I know it will catch up with me that's why im trying to get off what im saying is all the hype about over 4000mg of tylenol will put you in instant renal failure is bullshit trust me im not lieing I've done 15-20 percs a day

6. fmn1116

fmn1116 Guest

ff

7. fmn1116

fmn1116 Guest

I just got out of the hospital with a kidney stone. those of you who have had one, enough said.
    I have great respect for any woman who has been through childbirth!
    Anyway,
    My experience (and I think could be useful for off lable use)
    1. dauladid kicked my rear end allright, I was gone alright, but since I haven't used opioids except in the few medical things I needed them for, of course I was NOT desensitized as you are (or sensitized, depending on the context)
    The key was, my wife had to stay in the room, maintain my airway, keep waking me up to keep breathing to keep my pulse oxymetry measurement above 90%
    2. Having kidney problems is bummer when you want pain relieve that can't be given IV. for instance, now about 5 days later, Catheter gone, stent gone (another story as the nurse from hell pulled them out and told me it wouldn't hurt, but also told me to take a deep breath and cope the best I could.......), I am now on percocet 5/325.

The dosage of 4 gms max (or 4000 mg) is the maximum daily recommended dosage for a 150 lb male with everything working normal, normal health and non drinker non smoker no other meds either.
    As you mentioned, there is a great variability to what someone SHOULD be able to do and what they can do.
    My complications were that I have sleep apnea and as I "relaxed" with the dauladid, the respiratory depression was, well, real.
    I have a reasonable tolerance for all this stuff and found the injected Morphine giving the same effect described here "seemed like my mouth wouldn't move and hard to understand me, but seemed to have all other faculties (until I stood up) and also felt sunken into the bed and "SAFER" for some reason that I woudn't fall off the hospital bed.
    I always have to take an anti-nausea drug with these.
    My Kidney problems were, btw, related to too much daily Ibuprofin. Don't take your kidneys for granted. They can go south in a hurry.
    I had been a 52 years old male with no heart disease and 120/80 bp and suddenly, I had pitting edema water accumulation on my ankles and BP increased to 145/93 OVERNIGHT.
    went to my (Very good) md, he did everything except think of kidney stone (although my frustration is that I had dark brown urine sporadically for the 2 weeks prior to this episode, take an anti-seizure med known to cause kidney problems including stones, etc and they still did an echo cardiogram, regular blood panels, etc and FOUND ME IN PERFECT HEALTH!
    REGARDS
    fmn

8. ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO Member

All I really do is oxy and percs but I still picked herion....... hahaha
    If I was not so much of a pussy I would try and and I just know it would be the best.

9. Bluez_Snooze

Bluez_Snooze Member

this thread was revived from almost a year ago ..haha

but anyway, i've only tried oxycodone and hydromorphone,
    and being that hydromorphone is not an option,
    i'll have to say oxycodone.
    even though, like the dude above me said,
    heroin would likely be the king of all opiates.
    never tried it though...yet anyway.

10. Feelings 0f U4ia is Back!

Feelings 0f U4ia is Back! Banned

IV = Hydromorphone (Not an option, but it should be...)

Oral = Oxycodone

Best for actual pain relief aside from the buzz = Fentanyl

11. Slingblade

Slingblade Member

I mean this in both a good and bad way. Heroin is the shit. I find it is much more sedating where as oxy is more of a, not so much speedy but more awake, if u get me. I find them equal but different, and it would take at LEAST 120mg of oxy for me to equal a line of H. They arent big lines either. Its just not something u wanna do everyday.

12. Nikolai37

Nikolai37 Member

Opana is getting up there as my possible favorite, right now though Id still go with oxy.

13. Oxyrisin2

Oxyrisin2 Member

Just recently Morphine has become my favorite med for pain and buzz.
    But like feelings sid. Fent tops them all, but I only had it twice so I don't count it

14. orele

orele Member

I've only had H, codeine and meth, H is my fav. I just love that calm feeling it gives me, sadly I'm having to pack it in bacause it's messing me up health wise and also my tolerance means it's costing more and more.