What is your favorite Michael Moore Film?

Discussion in 'Documentaries' started by Wasteland, Jul 4, 2006.

1. solla._.sollew

solla._.sollew Member

got to love Canadian Bacon....genius movie. i watched it as a young kid, did not understand what it was really about...then i watched it years later.....genius. amazing movie..

2. Jinx

Jinx Member

love em all, but Fahrenheit 9/11 is my fave just because.

3. diamondgeeza

diamondgeeza Member

Gotta go for Bowling for Columbine, Certainly his best work Closely followed by Fahrenheit 9/11

4. maryjanegirl_2005

maryjanegirl_2005 Controlled Chaos

Fahrenheit 9/11 was cool but, i voted Canadian Bacon.

5. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

Michael Moore is nothing but a bullshit democratic shill spreading copious amounts of left leaning rhetoric , manufacturing controlled dissent, and propagandizing the patriot movement. This man owns shares in Halliburton himself, he fails to ask any REAL questions and provides ridiculous excuses for the PNAC agenda.........he didn't even address the fact that NORAD stood down during 9/11.....he refused to deeming the question unpatriotic. Don't buy into his rhetoric, it's just a different flavor of the same old horseshit.

6. norajean

norajean Member

I just saw Sicko. It was good. It raises a few good ?'s and is entertaining at the same time.

7. Riggs

Riggs Banned

LOL Your picture there..the kid looks upet. Like saying..you won't change me..well..blank you. LOL

8. Lorna

Lorna The Magician

Agree, those subjects are real big issues. People can not eat too much and can not smoke and so on..
    He avoided some real issues and touch some others like the mix of chemicals in cigarets to make people more addictiv to it and faster.
    But he is unable to ake doc about real issues becuase he is too populist and not brained enough to think that much..
    thats a sad fact.
    All what you named religion education powerty will crave somone with more knowledge and insight about what is going on, and he definitly lack that.
    He isnt the kind that has set his head into those subject matters in his life and has only been interested in i´t at a very superficial level.
    His way to go at it suck, I agree with most that the way he do it make him lose where he could win more info, like when he got inside a corporation, he do all to get throw out.. thats not very clever..
    It is like he ios making doc about things he do not get completely himself, and about things who are wildly known, unless you have been on the leasy side in what reagard general knowledge of the society oyu are living in.. and thats exactly his case, thero his big surprise and OH AW! see what they do! yeah, we knew, and what are you going to do about it?
    he could redirect people into what they can do instead and advertise a bit about ACLU who is mostly unknown .. thats the organisation that defend americans civil rights, for those who do not know.

9. sourdiesel06

sourdiesel06 Member

I haven't seen Fahrenheit 9/11 in a long time but I recall it being so subjective it made me sick. If you're going to make a documentary your only goal should be to find the truth but in Michael Moore's case he instead obviously set out to find evidence to support his version of the truth. The end result is that he has created a legion of people who hate the government just for the sake of hating the government. What it does is it minimized the credibility of people who have legitimate complaints. One similar movie that I thought was much, much better than Fahrenheit 9/11 is Why We Fight.

10. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

well, do you think Supersize Me didn't have propoganda to it?
    most people make documentaries not in search for the truth, but to support their version of it
    if you ask me Michael Moore does neither
    Michael Moore makes them to make money.

11. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

why havent you got got sicko up there lots of people have seen it , I have and I think its is best film

12. sourdiesel06

sourdiesel06 Member

Supersize Me makes my shitlist too. More than most, I am not a person who tolerates it when it becomes clear that I have been lied to.

13. RightBrigade

RightBrigade Member

roger and me was his best IMO. I agree that he isn't the best representative of the left and his docs can tend to be highly scewed semi-facts.

14. TerrenceLeary

TerrenceLeary Member

15. GreenQueen87

GreenQueen87 Member

Bowling for Columbine, though his latest movie, Sicko, is a close second.