What is your favorite comedy?

Discussion in 'Comedy Movies' started by metro, Jun 3, 2004.

1. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Asking someone to choose a favorite comedy is just wrong. ALL comedies are great!

2. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Fuckin' Half Baked.

3. show_girl

show_girl Member

has anybody seen the movie Loser with jason biggs. it's so cute and hillarious.

4. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

That one was awfully idioyic... teen american crap at its worst...

Penny, I have always loved older French Comedies like "A tall blond man with different shoes" (i'm translating here...so that is probebly an unaccurate name), and other movies with the same actor... also those old Loida Finesa (if that was his name) black and white war satires...

5. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Would one of them happen to be OBLOMOV? Really, BSR, there are some Anglos who watch foreign film.

6. daturastolemysoul

daturastolemysoul Member

faris bulars day out is one of the funniest movies ever, and haha DIE HARD, come on even the name screams halarious and the like "yippy-ki-yay mother fucker" is genius, a rouge cowboy american cop breaking the rules and kicking terrorist asses hahaha, funniest stuff ever.

7. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Yes, but the translation does loose alot of the meaning.

Oblomov is alright, but, it is not one of my favorites.

I love:

A dog's heart. (sobachaya sertza)

Have a good bath (Slohkim Parom)

Operation "Y"(operatziya Y)

The Adventures of Shurik (prekluchenya shurika)

The Diamond Arm (briyantobaya ruka)

The gentlemen of luck (gentelmeni udache)

Kinzaza

Count Caliostra (graf kaliostra)

etc

8. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

Idle hands;),Dazed and Confused,How high...all cool movies;)!

9. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

The 40 Year Old Virgin

The Flying High comedoes are a riot as well and the parody of The Exorcist called Repossessed

10. turp!tudo

turp!tudo Member

The sweetest thing
    Van Wilder
    Girl next door
    etc

11. Echo the Small

Echo the Small Member

THE BIG LEBOWSKI seriously I can watch it over and over and it keeps getting funnier... "what you mean coitus?"

Human Nature- one of Charlie Kaufman's greats. Puff humping the waitress like a dog. Mwahhahahah even thinking about it makes me laugh. (I know its more cynical than a comedy but myeh)

The spongebob Squarepants movie had me dying with laughter.

I know Kill Bill 2 wasn't supposed to be funny but Pai Mei and every thing he said and did was hilarity. (Im a lover of cheesy Kung Fu Flicks so he just hit the spot)

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is pure genius. I only wish I heard the term "shrubbery" more often cause the mere thought gives me the giggles.

Death to Smoochy- Ed Norton is so sincerely silly and it was nice to see Robin Williams not being so kick the TV screen annoying.

Dogma and Jay&Silent Bob Strike back.

Cannibals the Musical is brilliant.

So many but those would be my top.

12. Echo the Small

Echo the Small Member

Oh oh oh i forgot... One more
    Dr Strangelove
    Fabulous film. Clever laughs.

13. sprout

sprout DeadHead

Yes. Monty Python and the Holy Grail is by far my very favorite comedy of all time. Pure comic genius. No doubt.

....and in a close #2. THE BIG LEBOWSKI. I love this movie. Quite possibly Jon Goodman's best work and overall fantastic movie.

"fuck it, lets go bowling"

14. thedude21

thedude21 Member

Rat race was good, OOO and road trip, that was funny.

15. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

I can't believe some like Freddy Got Fingered with that Tom Green moron. What a waste of film

16. MeMilesAway

MeMilesAway Member

no doubt. I have never seen him do anything good. The only time I found him tollerable was that cameo role in Charlie's Angels where he kept referring to himself in the 3rd person.

This is tuff with classics like Airplane, Blazing Saddles, oh...Slapshot. The Naked Guns were funny, Leslie Neilson and 'good' OJ kept the Airplane slapstick thing going. But how can I compare those to Old School, Dodgeball and Starsky & Hutch.

Wait I got it just hit me. Best comedy ever is a flic called OC & Stiggs. Oh yeah that was so random but a definite classic the loud shouting of "Schwab" just echoed through my head.

see this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089715/ and love it...many drug use references...Dennis Hopper...hillarious comedy

17. HairyCarey

HairyCarey Member

I'm gonna say Napoleon Dynamite...

Seriously, I'd say Monty Python and the Quest For the Holy Grail, though it only becomes funnier when you talk to nerds (cool nerds) and they quote it every sentance.

18. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

See, you mention Schwab and i think of ex Hawkers coach and the lack of FOOTY. God i can't wait for the new season. Carn the BLUES

But

The 40 Year Old Virgin was funny as hell, especially the wax scene. Dodgeball was funny as well but that seems to be the case when movies include Ben Still, Vince Vaughn or Owen Wilson

19. Magicwoman69

Magicwoman69 Member

-Dumb & Dumber
    -Scary Movie
    -Meet the Fockers

20. amber:)

amber:) Member

hahaha i luv napoleon dynamite aswell "hairycarey" I WANT MOONBOOTS!!!! anyone know were to find sum?