What is your definiton of Bi?

Discussion in 'Other Sex Discussions' started by topper, May 4, 2023.

1. topper

topper Member

Is it a lifestyle, a desire or something you do just to get off?

2. Well I'm curious

Well I'm curious Members

Good question.
    I haven't been with a man but for me it's something I'm curious about. There are things I want to try or experience.
    Not looking to make it a lifestyle or have a relationship.
    I want to try bisexuality to get off. Not sure it would be a big part of my life but something I hope to explore.

3. Magicalmoments

Magicalmoments Members

I guess there are as many variations of what constitutes bi-sexuality as there are bi-sexuals. I identify as bi-sexual. I enjoy sex with both men and women. I would probably enjoy sex with transgender people as well but have never had an opportunity. I am currently in a monogamous, heterosexual relationship and have been for the last 20 years. So, it has been over twenty years since I've had a same sex encounter. However, if circumstances changed tomorrow and I could have a bisexual encounter, without breaking faith with my wife, I would do so, in an instance.
    So to answer the question, for me bisexuality is an opportunity to get off, a quick sexual release. I don't see it as a lifestyle as such, just an opportunity for a bit of fun on the edges of my lifestyle.

4. Traveler386

Traveler386 Members

I like the new term “men who have sex with men” but saying bi is easier. I’ve researched a lot about this and generally what I’ve found is bisexual can cover a lot. I generally think bisexual is you’re interested in men and women (dating/sexually).

Suburbanray and Jcinalco like this.
  5. BiGuySW

BiGuySW Members

I lucked out early in my adult life, because my first sexual experiences were with a man, and then a few weeks later with a woman. I was bisexual from the beginning.

But it goes deeper than that. It became apparent to me early in life that gender is not strictly binary, and my relationships involve so much more than sex. Not many people understand that gender is fluid, but my closest confidants are those who do understand and who are not afraid of expressing love.

FredBrice and Jcinalco like this.
  6. Well I'm curious

Well I'm curious Members

I will bite, or maybe start something.

I don't really care what people do but as much as I have some fantasies or things I would be into I don't think that is gender.

Gender is assigned at birth. I have a doodle so I'm male.

The world is more accepting now so being Gay is ok.

What I don't like is the fact we have to keep promoting it or have an inclusive work place that spends money to promote rainbow week.

People's sexuality is their personal life. Identify as you will but don't ask the world to praise you for it. National days are reserved for hero's, vets and founding days. So many smaller issues are being promoted just for existing. I don't get it.

There are many places you can seek out like minded people, safe places to fuck if you can't host and it's ok to be kinky or buy toys. Just be yourself and keep what happens in bed in bed unless you are are a swingers venue where it's out in the open.

Traveler386, FredBrice and Jcinalco like this.
  7. BiGuySW

BiGuySW Members

I was not seeking praise nor a National Day, so I'm not sure what triggered your response, other than perhaps a sense of entitlement to disparage people who are different from you. This thread is about each poster's "definition of bi". It is not an open invitation for judgmentalism or hostility.

I expressed my experience with being bi, which extended into my belief that gender is not as binary and clear cut as many people think it is. If you are opposed to people expressing their definition of bisexuality, find another thread that is not focused on that particular topic, but do not attempt to bully me from expressing my definition.

Jcinalco likes this.
  8. Well I'm curious

Well I'm curious Members

Sorry, BiGuySW.

Not having a go at you or any person in particular.

I don't agree on gender being Fluid, I should have been clearer.

Still nothing against you I just dont understand how gender can be fluid.

Generalising here but it's just so much promotion around new genders, non binary and people identifying as anything they like etc and we have to be inclusive.

Reason being even schools are teaching kids they can choose a gender.

Again, it's not on you but I started out as I don't understand gender fluid.

Bisexual- can have a relationship with either sex.

Pansexual- someone who feels the same. Can love or be in a relationship with either male or female.

Gay- is only interested in a same sex partner.

I've known people who have been in a gay relationship and gone back to a heterosexual relationship or vice versa. Presumably they stay in the relationship and continue to be gay or heterosexual.

Yes, bi people here are in an opposite sex relationship but speak about their previous same sex relationship but could be either Bi or Hetero I guess if they see themselves going between or back to a same sex relationship.

Honestly I don't care except for when it's being pushed that we have to make allowances for a smaller group. . I don't care what they identify as but don't push the agenda just go along with life, relationships and whatever the sexual orientation is.

I'm married and stayed that way . Never been with a guy but think I could to test the water. I don't know if that's straight, curious or Bi-Curious. I just want to experiment and would experiment with multiple women given the chance. It's just sex and maybe sexual orientation.

No offence intended just misquoted the ",gender fluid " part.

If you can go between the 2 genders that doesn't change a gender.

Jcinalco likes this.
  9. BiGuySW

BiGuySW Members

Just because you don't happen to understand the complexities of gender expression in the natural world does not mean that these complexities do not exist. These complexities exist not only within the human species, but also within other species. Unfortunately, a lot of people who are unqualified in various branches of science are attempting to impose their political will on people who do not fit within the majority portion of the bell curve of statistical distribution in the natural world.

Using your words, we actually do need "to make allowances for a smaller group." We do this all the time with regard to civil rights, but historically there have always been rigid people who resist recognizing the rights of "smaller groups".

By the way, "pan sexual" is not exactly the same thing as "bi sexual", because pan sexual people recognize that gender expression is complex, and that people can have a blend of masculine and feminine characteristics.

thepapasmurph likes this.
  10. Suburbanray

Suburbanray Members

For me, it's someone who can enjoy sexual fun with either gender, but prefers the opposite for sex and only for romantic interest.

I am jealous of those who are completely bisexual in both sexual and romantic interest, and gender doesn't play much, if any role for them. To have the ability to freely desire & love anyone, male it female, seems to be associated with big hearted, caring people.

I find that trait very appealing in bisexual women. Especially queer women, who often have a masculine energy about them, but still have feminine physical aspects that attract me?
    Yet I'm rarely attracted to 'butch' women who are primarily or all lesbian. Just that queer part somewhere in the middle?

Jcinalco and Well I'm curious like this.
  11. Well I'm curious

Well I'm curious Members

Hot Leso's that's what I like. Probably more on the Bi side of I'm to have any chance

Suburbanray likes this.
  12. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Bisexuality, for me - is a combination of physical, sexual and emotional attractions to both sexes - male and female.
    I happen to think there are degrees of bisexuality in us and it might be more rare for someone to be completely heterosexual or homosexual - but many people float somewhere between the extreme ends of that spectrum. The fact that many people cannot be honest with themselves, much less confess their attractions to both sexes to anyone else, helps me believe that my theory is true.
    For me, social norms, religious beliefs, and confusion about my attractions to both males and females caused a lot of confusion and slow acceptance for me to finally come to terms with my attractions.
    I am both physically and emotionally attracted to men and women, although I tip more toward the gay end of the spectrum.

Suburbanray and Jcinalco like this.
  13. TwinT

TwinT Members

Functions of sexual orientation labels for Kinsey (self-reported sexual attraction) scale 6 = Sexual arousal scale 6 individuals:

I’m gay!” = “Leave me alone with women at last! I get sick even thinking about sexual intercourse with women! I certainly don't want to marry a woman! If you know someone I might like, you can tell me, but I don't have much hope that anything will come of it.”

Curiously, these sexual arousal scale 6 gays have often participated in studies on bisexuality as bisexuals, although they do not show any sexual response to female stimulants.

These sexual disgust items may help to figure out the absence of sexual attraction to females:

[​IMG]

It is common for gay men to identify as bisexual prior to embracing a gay identity. For example, 40 % of gay-identified men reported such a history in a large US national survey conducted by The Advocate magazine (Lever, 1994).” DOI 10.1007/s10508-016-0849-5

I’m bi!” = I discreetly signal that I might not be sexually interested in women at all, or that I could later claim that I’m actually gay. That keeps women away from me, and hopefully they say to their girlfriends: “He claims to be bisexual, but no one has ever seen him with a girlfriend, and he probably enjoys himself in gay saunas/bathhouses. If you see him with wet or freshly blow-dried hair, don't forget to ask him where he just came from!”

Kinsey (self-reported sexual attraction) scale 5 = Sexual arousal scale 5 individuals:

“In contrast, mostly homosexual men showed statistically significant increases in genital arousal to female stimuli, compared with completely homosexual men.” DOI 10.1007/s10508-016-0849-5

A Kinsey (self-reported sexual attraction) scale 3 = Sexual arousal scale 3 individual:

I feel no affection for the sexual orientation labels and almost never use them in a straight environment. On the one hand, women should not be put off, on the other hand I don’t see bodies of both sexes as irreconcilable opposites but as a broad spectrum of possibilities. Besides, I don't need bodies of both sexes due to the similarity, I rather enjoy them as another possibility for variety.

It doesn’t mean much to me that others say they are gay or straight, because that doesn’t tell you what kind of body, what kind of personality and what kind of interaction they are looking for. Of course, the age range plays an important role in the definition of the body.

I am therefore open to a typology that conveys what is desired in just a few letters.

Instead of using sexual orientation adjectives, I like to inform people that I find marriage far too boring, and that sexual variety is of vital importance for the well-being of men, which requires sexual freedom. Growing old together sounds like a terrible threat to me! Sexual interaction and cohabitation should be separate in order to allow sexual freedom and thus male well-being. What could be better than leaving your cave and going on the prowl! When deciding between loneliness and boredom, the latter is more repulsive to me. Of course – if you want to be looked after and mothered by a woman, you should do so and stay at home.

[​IMG]

“We computed a contrast score for pupil dilation with positive numbers indicating more dilation to the same sex, zero indicating equal dilation, and negative numbers indicating more dilation to the other sex. We then regressed this contrast score against the linear and curvilinear terms of sexual orientation. Fig. 1C shows a linear effect suggesting that heterosexual men dilated more to the other sex, homosexual men dilated more to the same sex, and bisexual men had a dilation pattern between heterosexual and homosexual men, p < .0001, β = .50. Thus, in general, pupillary responses reflected self-reported sexual orientation.” DOI 10.1016/j.biopsycho.2013.09.007

[​IMG]
    DOI 10.1007/s10508-020-01766-z

1) Sexual Arousal → 2) Sexual Orientation → 3) Sexual Behaviour (this is valid for males only)

These two studies show that a fine gradation of bisexuality exists and that it therefore makes sense to emphasise a fine gradation in the sexual orientation labels:

Heterosexual (Kinsey 0)
    Mostly Heterosexual = Straight Plus (Kinsey 1) Largest sexual minority at least in surveys

Bisexual – More Heterosexual (Kinsey 2)
    Bisexual – Bisexual (Kinsey 3) Without a clear heterosexual or homosexual preference
    Bisexual – More Homosexual (Kinsey 4)

Mostly Homosexual = Gay/Lesbian Plus (Kinsey 5)
    Homosexual (Kinsey 6)

It makes perfect sense that mostly heterosexual and mostly homosexual do not label themselves as bisexual in order to maintain the difference to the three more bisexual types in the centre.

You? Kinsey 3 + Bohemian lifestyle!

14. KDaddy23

KDaddy23 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've stuck to the definition I learned a long time ago: Having a physical and/or emotional affinity for both men and women. No mention of the word "gender" and no in-house tap dancing around my thoughts and behaviors that could imply that I'm not the duck I look and quack like. I don't try to quantify my bisexuality, nor do I try to qualify it; I'm bisexual. Men and women, physically and/or emotionally.

jball45 likes this.
  15. jball45

jball45 :P

desire, mabe 4

Barefoot Rick likes this.