What is the main reason you wanted to marry someone?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Just for fun, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

Ever since I was in my 20’s I knew I didn’t want to marry nor have a family. As I got older, long story short, I got married for the atmosphere that occurred with her presence.

The love thing was never an issue.

FWKbi likes this.
  2. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

As a young man I decided that I wanted to marry a girl who was the best possible kisser. As luck would have it the search was not long and I found out that kissing was just the tip of the iceberg so to speak. Her female voice said to me..”but wait, there’s more”, there sure was. We had a plethora of shared interests and beliefs that meant we always finding fun, interesting and yes, frisky things to do. Adventure has always been on the agenda. This year that short, dark haired and built girl who is still an amazing kisser and I will celebrate 55 years of marriage. Rock on

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    Andy Schumer likes this.
  3. The main reason is so that after I say "I do" I can say "... or do I?". Create suspense

4. Just for fun

I asked mine really because after so many failed relationships she was somebody who I actually enjoyed having a conversation with. And she had a very active sexual past that she spoke freely about to me. Also she enjoyed hearing all about my homosexual exploits earlier in my life. She was intelligent, didn't need rescuing, was financially stable, and she wasn't bad looking. I felt she was a rare find and I wanted to hang on as long as she wanted to. And she really knows her way around a cock and a vagina.

5. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

Companionship. Just having a person to come home to instead of an empty house. We hit it off perfectly and still do. Marriage is so more than having someone at your beck and call for sex. Having someone bring you a beer without asking. Scratch your back when there's an itch. Fix your breakfast and even bring it to you in bed. While we're on that subject of being in bed, taking care of someone who is sick or incapacitated and doing so joyously. Sharing adventures and discoveries. Consoling during failure. Sharing the family duties and reminiscing what your children did and said as they grew. It's all about wanting to care for another human and finding that human who has the same want towards you. That's marriage.

Yes, sex is part of a marriage. You want to marry that person who has fucked you the best at that time of your life. It's that intimate bond that locks two people together but it can be fleeting. It can disappear for a plethora of reasons after a few weeks, months, or years, even many years. But one can abstain from expecting sex when they truly want to care for the that one person that they hold closest to their heart. That one person they mesh with and become a companion for. It hurts to not have sex with the one you love. But it hurts more knowing they hurt because of having sex. Then both partners understand what the other needs and make a way for both to be satisfied.

Yes, I wanted to marry my wife for companionship because she became my best friend forever. She became the one person I wanted to have share her life with me not my life with her. I think that's the difference with a marriage that works and one that fails. It the wanting for your partner to share their life with you and not the other way around.

MidnightSea and Just for fun like this.
  6. tommyhot

tommyhot Member

I never wanted to get married and never wanted kids. Mostly because I've seen too many people's lives really messed up due to marriage. 3 out of 5 marriages fail. I didn't want to go through the bullshit I saw other people going though. And it's one reason I was able to retire at 55, LOTS of money saved!

7. Just for fun

very nice

8. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

I assumed I would eventually get married since every adult I knew was married. I started dating my wife when we were 15. By the time we were 18, I was fairly sure I wanted to marry her. By age 20, I couldn't wait to marry her and start our lives together, which happened two years later.

9. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

I didn't plan on getting into another relationship and get married after my last one. I guess everything fell into place and was ment to happen. Here I am married 14 years later. I cannot complain one bit. Best that has ever happened to me :)

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  10. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

Easy...
    The first time was because that is what people do.
    I was 24, and most of my friends were married. Sure I thought I loved her, and she thought she loved me.
    We had two wonderful children... and then after they went to college, we divorced.

The second time I was 10 times as world smart as I was at 24. It was both an emotional and logical decision. I had to be sure not only did we have strong feelings, but that we were a good fit.

Imagine if young people actually listened to their elders and learned this lesson BEFORE they married.... the first time.

11. FWKbi

FWKbi Members

**************** S-T-U-P-I-D-I-T-Y. ****************

FYI: I have nothing against marriage, just my reasons at the time where stupid, I will say she was so friicking hot and the first girl that I went nuts for

12. Angela36

Angela36 Members

Never been married. But, stability and kids.

13. anythingonce

anythingonce You Can Trust Me

I met my wife when I was 19. We were married 2 1/2 years later. I never wanted to be a “player“ space – space I always wanted a relationship. Whenever I would ask a girl out, it was with the intention of entering into a relationship. So I guess the answer is love, commitment, family, devotion, closeness, intimacy, the whole romantic package.

14. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

Having my best friend around all day every day and of course fucking her brains out which I wasn't going to do until we were married.

DevonHeaven and anythingonce like this.
  15. Ray Roberts

Ray Roberts Members

I never went about in any relationship thinking about Marriage per se, as a hot juicy fanny overtook my brain! when I was younger. I met a beautiful Swedish girl who was working as an au pair in England, we had a really good time and although we lived a few hundred miles apart, we came together at weekends. (& no this is not an intended pun) We fucked like rabbits literally at least 10 times overnight. My workmates couldn't conceive how I could have picked-up such beauty and at our annual company dance she was a sensation, yes a good mover too. I suppose it was inevitable that she would become pregnant and when she did she was adamant that she would have an abortion. I asked her to marry me but she wouldn't as she wanted to go to university as she was on a gap-year paid for by her parents. At the time she was 19, We carried on arguing about the situation and I made in all four trips to her home in Sweden, this only led to more grief with her parents and worse relationship with my girlfriend. After the abortion she signed up at Uppsala University and distance became a problem as well as thousands of male students who naturally hit on this beauty, we gradually drifted apart. That was the only time I really thought about marriage, when I was 21. After that I continued to have many girlfriends and then decided to marry another girl that I got pregnant when I was 27. Unfortunately the marriage didn't last, she was an Irish Red Head with a temper, we divorced 6 years later with two children. This was to be part of a pattern of behaviour but I won't bore you with more details of my failed marriages.

16. SR9

SR9 Senior Member

I never thought I’d want to marry a such a specific person until I met my wife.

What better than to be able to wake up daily next to your best friend

anythingonce likes this.
  17. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

You just know when you find that special person so why not ? :)

18. Mickeykeys

Mickeykeys Members

For the life of me I will never figure that out. My dad warned me I was going to be very unhappy.
    He fucking nailed it. I basically followed my dick into a decade of unhappiness.

Jmack likes this.
  19. buzzgunner

buzzgunner 180 grains of diplomacy Lifetime Supporter

Congratulations and... damn, I'm impressed! My wife and I are only up to 43 years. Like you and yours, my wife and I share countless interests and pretty much do everything together.

20. Once we fell that much in love, I couldn’t imagine living without her. I still feel the same after 34 years.

Captain Scarlet likes this.