What is speed Methylphenidate? or Amphetamine?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by Tparkboy, May 26, 2008.

1. The Mushroom Man

The Mushroom Man Member

NorCali you are right, it is an Amphetamine derivative.

2. moomooman

moomooman Member

okay, im pretty sure it is not an amphetamine derivative. i think they start with piperidine, but this doesnt mean it cant be derived from amphetamine. some places will call it an amphetamine derivative, but they also say amphetamine is a derivative of itself, so i think they just use it as a generic term. they're both phenethylamines, which is probably where the confusion comes from. they might also say its an amphetamine derivative because amphetamine was discovered first. either way its all a moot point, they're both phenethylamines which is why they are similar in effect. the reason methylphenidate is usually considered more dull than the other stimulants is because it has less affect on serotonin. meth, amphetamine, methylphenidate, and even the unrelated cocaine, are all dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors. and while they all, even methylphenidate, have some affect on serotonin, methylphenidate is the only one that isnt a reuptake inhibitor of serotonin. all the others are, so most people get more pleasure from them. i think methylphenidate is the best speed out there because of this though. the others can make you trip out if you do a large dose, cause of the serotonin, but methylphenidate will keep you more clear headed with a higher dose. it may be duller, but its still my favorite, besides 4-methylaminorex. nobody else has had the priviledge of trying 4-methylaminorex?

3. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

Really? I was an addict of Ritalin for about 5 months and I just got a bunch of Concerta last night and I'm having a great time... Its the first time since I quit that I've been able to stay up all night!