What is makes a person evil?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by Libbygrable87, Mar 23, 2019.

?

So what is evil

1. Evil is when good people see evil done but do nothing

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Greed is evil

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Murder is evil

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Abuse of any kind is evil

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. War is evil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Evil is not real

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. I have no clue

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

2. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I'm not sure how I feel about the term ''evil.'' In some ways, it sort of implies that someone who commits a heinous crime for example and is labeled ''evil,'' had no will of his/her own. As though some external cosmic force came upon them, and caused them to commit a crime. At the same time, from a spiritual perspective, I see the term as being relevant, but not in secular things, if that makes sense.

3. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

From a spiritual glance, I'd say it's the other way around. Evil precedes jealousy. greed, etc. When I hear the word evil being used as a descriptor for someone or their behavior, it's usually in my mind, synonymous with a psychopath. Someone who lacks empathy, and has no conscience, or not a well formed one. ''Soul-less'' is another good adjective for those types.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't follow...

It seems like an issue of semantics, where you are conflating the label/definition with explanations.

5. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I don't think there's one set answer when it comes to people's opinions of evil.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

To me the term evil is more of term for like evil spirits and stuff. :p like if someone is evil, it's because they're possessed by a demon or other "evil" entity.

Has she been like this since the possession.
    "yeeahh dawg, she just gone evil."

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

Deidre likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

:weary: As it turns out, only that one episode was available to me.

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Found Episode 1 of The Brain:

Driftrue likes this.
  11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

It's one of those programs that really annoys me with its lack of availability, because I think it's so good.

12. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Our imagination is what makes a person evil. Often a reflection of our fears.

13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The old individualism versus conformity.

If we’re left alone to our own thoughts and ideas our fears will drive our imagination

14. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

Maybe it has more to do with society and what culture deems taboo or not.

15. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Evil wears a MAGA cap.

16. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I'd say it's some truly evil people, some immature, some ignorant to the realities of their fellow man.

We can't demonize an entire group of people. It can drive them deeper into the evil circles. For example the Alt-right/Nazis in America recruit on the idea that everyone already hates you. Since you dare to be a white man who thinks small goverment is good THEY hate you. It's impossible for you to even live in a Obama multi-gender society.

Many in the MAGA hate will say we are evil for saying there is no war on white people. I of all people really dislike Trump and the hate that is "not hate" he brings out. But America is full of people who are not totally alt-right yet but also wear the hat. Their sense of fear and tribalism drive them to it.

I would like to think there is a compromise with them. But sometimes I think there is not since the more the world moves toward one people and science the more they cling to race and religion.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  17. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

I am starting to think allergies are evil because I feel terrible.

Anyway, there are reasons why I don't talk about politics and its because it tears people apart. I don't think Trump supporters are evil nor do I think Democrats are evil. I have friends that support Trump and others that don't.

I was watching a show on YouTube about a woman who killed all of her kids because she snapped. It happened a while ago. She had five kids and mental illness and her doctors warned her to not have kids but they kept having kids. Had she stopped having kids and got mental health would she have not killed her kids I think so. Her husband wanted more kids and was very controlling. The whole thing was sad.

18. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I've just realised what "MAGA" means, now that I saw it mentioned as being a cap.

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

"Despite all appearances, no one is truly evil. They are led astray by delusion. If you contemplate this truth often, you will offer more light than blame and condemnation."
    The Dhammawadaka

20. SantaCruzRob

SantaCruzRob Senior Member

attacking people with a different opinion