What is life more than dying?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by bird_migration, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Consider the alternative: a world with no death. No change, no room for birth and new life. Death is a positive thing, but we have a hard time coping with loss. It's a tough world to live in for any organism, but it seems especially cruel and hopeless for a human.

Just be glad you're alive to appreciate the delicate and vulnerable beauty of the human soul in such a rough, blind, and unforgiving environment. That contrast is the most beautiful thing in the universe in my eyes. If we were any less sensitive, or the planet any more caring and life supporting, life wouldn't be the same and love wouldn't be as powerful as it is.

Be happy that compassion and love are here and that they belong to us, and understand how special they are, and in their own way more grand and beautiful than any sun, planet, or star system.

2. myself

myself just me

"To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
    To the last syllable of recorded time,
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more: it is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing."

(Shakespeare, 'Macbeth')

Life is a moment in space
    When the dream is gone
    It's a lonelier place

(Barbra Streisand)