What is Hippy Nature?

Discussion in 'Hippie Wisdom' started by OlderWaterBrother, Aug 15, 2008.

1. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

Has anyone mentioned raising the freak flag high recently? If not, I just said it - a small detail overall but important too. Also important is the fact that though it may be done loudly or in small ways, it is never violent, unlike a lot of those other movements.

Freedom - be it to gather wherever in the name of any number of ideas, or freedom of the roads, with each other, etc. hippies are a very free bunch of people

Tolerance - take this forum for example. This forum is, yeah, a hippie forum at heart, but look at all the cool members we have, who aren't necessarily hippies and/or don't identify with it. They come from all walks of life, all sub-cultures, all... music favorites or drug habits or personal problems or whatnot, and here they are accepted for no other reason than... well, they're here. So tolerance, love towards everyone, every living thing, peace, protection of nature, the earth... I think being at ease with oneself is also important too, come to think of it, because if you aren't friendly to yourself, how can you live up to the ideals of loving everyone, when everyone includes yourself?

Peace, an easygoing, good natured feeling has always been part of it... naturally.
    (see what I did there?:))

Humbleness - to be loud and proud is okay, but for a cause. Pride is okay, but only if it is quiet, not boastful. When it's self centered, well... need I go further?

Anyway... I'm probably just repeating stuff by now, but hey, whatever, it's all part of it

Ryan Adams - Oh My God, Whatever, etc.

2. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

I think you answered yourself, thieves and unfriendly "hippies" aren't hippies, what you need to be looking for are "true" hippie brothers and sisters. [​IMG]

3. OlderWaterBrother

Ain't that the truth. [​IMG]

4. OlderWaterBrother

Hippie nature is dancing to a tune nobody but you can hear. [​IMG]

5. OlderWaterBrother

Hippie Nature -
    [SIZE=12pt]"Let me live in a house by the side of the road [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]And be a friend to man"[/SIZE]
    Sam Walter Foss

6. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Hippy nature
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X7b2E_Jq-k

7. thedope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sH0uR2u7Hs

1 person likes this.
  8. thedope

Joy to the world
    enjoy the world you freak

9. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aOGnVKWbwc

10. thedope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvtJPs8IDgU

11. earthgoddesszen

earthgoddesszen Members

life is beautiful. never judge. Go with the flow, and treat others how you would want to be treated

1 person likes this.
  12. Nanu

Nanu Members

Hello brother or sister, whichever the case may be. I grew up attending 3 or 4 night music festivals and raised my kids the same, there's nothing more magical than hearing a drum circle beat constantly for 3 days, which my mom told me was the heart beat that made all hippies into one astral being for those 3 days. My kids are older now and I so so want to attend again as im not needed as much with my kids and I also have a terminal illness and my wish is to spend my remaining time in this vehicle my soul is in enjoying the company and good times in my tent mellowed out maybe seeing trails and watching trees breath. Being a true to life hippie, I don't like computers and they don't like me back so I'm sure I'm not emailing the right spot but my daughter just showed me how to send an email specifically to get this info. I've only ever put these tree hugging hands on a computer once before and won't again until I hopefully receive an email back from u. I actually had no idea that phones could send emails or were little computers as I entertain myself in more beautiful mind filling ways sometimes with these things kids don't know about anymore called BOOKS. Our apartment came with landline phone service and I hid regular phones in their rooms and they were terrified when they rang the first time cause they've never even seen or used a phone with a cord. Funny shit. Please help me get in touch with the right people. Please. My doc says I have, if I'm lucky 5 more years and I wanna spend it with my people not these cell phone carrying, forest hating rats that are racing around the concrete jungle. I don't find this enjoyable. Help please.
    I'm in the northern Virginia area at the moment but I'm willing to travel as far as my true to life piece of shot car will get me before it dies so the closer the better but far will work if it's the only way, someone plz help me out or point me in the right place to find out, keeping in mind I'm not good with computers so directions on how to get in touch with the people who can help.
    NANU

13. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

I don't know if I consider myself a full on hippie but I am a spiritual guy. I'm into many elements of the hippie culture. I like being in nature, playing my guitar and writing. Hiking. I enjoy the elements a lot. Not sure if this qualifies...

14. OlderWaterBrother

Hippie Nature is feeling that you belong to the Earth not that the Earth belongs to you.

15. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

What is Hippie Nature?

Music, sex, and, drugs. Enough said.

16. OlderWaterBrother

Looking forward to spring and summer so you can break out the soap bubbles.

Orison likes this.
  17. deleted

deleted Visitor

HI OWB..

18. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Hippie nature is the desire to step out on the front porch buck naked if you want and take a piss. To never think twice about letting your hair down.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  19. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

being passive , rightous....having copious love and deep respect for mother earth....not hung up on material things...

to name a few

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  20. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

LOL......Been Doing That For Years..... :D ....Except For Now.....Cause It's Bloody Winter..... :(

Cheers Glen.

wooleeheron likes this.