What is ego death?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Sam_Stoned, Feb 27, 2010.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

So welcome to the machine...

2. ChinaCatSunflower02

ChinaCatSunflower02 Senior Member

Ego death can be uncomfortable when you're going through it but once you come out the other side there is no "you" who made it to the other side. Suddenly you see directly that you ARE everything around you.

Now how to maintain this realization? don't try to i suppose. i'm under the impression that you want to live life with one foot in the absolute view and one in the relative view. This simply means don't hold on to the Oneness but rather allow it to dance and freefall in the everyday world of duality.

3. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

load a base pipe with 5-meo-dmt...smoke as much as you physically can.

that's ego death

4. Grinners

Grinners Member

Just read the shroomery thing:

How the hell can you not know your experiencing ego death...? The whole 'hey didn't i have a body a few minutes ago!?' was a dead give away to me!

Or to be precise, observing the thought of 'hey didn't i have a body a few minutes ago!?' :p

5. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

interesting quote...it took me quite a while to realize [like...4 years] to realize that the first time i took mushrooms i went to complete ego death.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

eggo death.. setting to high on toaster.. :D

7. Grinners

Grinners Member

Do you mean it took you 4 years to realise that people refer to that experience as 'ego death'? IE: That that is what 'we' call it? Or do you mean you understood the term, and said descriptions, but you never put two and two together?

8. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

i understood the concept of "egodeath" within a few months of the trip, because it sparked an interest in psychedelics, and i know how to use the internet :)

a few months ago, when pondering my first mushroom journey, i realized "wait...my ego was completely gone the first time i had ever tripped"... ~4grams of potent mushrooms my first time.

and here i am now :)

9. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

The myth of hell.

10. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Just scrape off the burnt parts of your eggo and get on with life... ;)

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

I like my eggo's burnt tbh... Set the toaster as high as I can, sometimes I push it down twice.. :D

12. thedope

If the ego had it's way, it would have me burnt as well.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

:rofl:...

14. sathead

sathead Banned

You mean that you had an ego for centuries of neglected Nature. And the Queen was to pick up after you died; surely not the guy already lying in the ditch.

So it is left to the King, not the king of kings for it could also be the son of sons. Hence, we have the dove of doves, on the painting in the Sistine chapel. And the lakes of eternal extent are pristine.:D

15. thedope

Creature-hood the better lesson. Sly as serpents, innocent as doves.

16. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

to a crisp.

RIP to the topic...haha

17. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

There was one time I was on a large dose of acid and tripping heavily, feeling good too:)
    Then a friend offered up some 30x salvia, I smoked a bowl and immediately regretted it. For a few moments I actually thought i was dead. I saw something beyond my physical existence, I was an insignificant part of something much bigger, everything I knew meant nothing, I was nothing.
    I came out of this after a few minutes but it affected me deeply, since I was still on acid I found it hard to escape the thoughts I was having, It was a really horrible feeling to be honest. I came to the conclusion that I am just as important as everyone else in the world and everyone else is as insignificant as me. I struggled to find a meaning for life. Needless to say I ended up curled up crying my eyes out for quite a long time.
    I gained a lot from this experience, I no longer feel inadequate, I no longer get hung up on what other people think about me because it will never really matter.
    I do not feel any better than anybody and nobody is better than me, I do not feel more intelligent than anybody or that anyone is more intelligent than me etc..
    I do however feel way more open-minded than others should be.
    To the best of my knowledge this is ego death but I can't be sure. But I don't really care. I like it:)

18. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

There is a difference between "self and not self" and "A and not A."

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

One time the soda cans said "hey buddy what you doing" I said AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh..... :willy_nilly:

no really there was a few cans there and the mouths on the cans starting singing G-L-O-R-I-A .. Gloria.. G-L-O-R-I-A..

20. spexxx

spexxx Member

It is when I am said Sam