WHAT INSPIRES YOUR WRITING?

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by musicjehad, Jul 27, 2018.

?

Do You Inspire Others?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. musicjehad

musicjehad Members

When you write do you write to inspire others in some way or other?
    What inspiration gets you to that point of reference?

words of inspiration

2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No, the goal of inspiring anyone is not in my head with writing...The goal is because I am inspired by something and want to write....

The same has to be true of painting....and sometimes it is a hard line not to cross, especially with painting for me, as I used to always have an eagle eye criticizing everything I painted that it crippled me..to the point where they said they did not like something , and I whited it all out only to regret it later,. I tried to duplicate that painting as I Iiked it...and missed it...but..it was not the same ..paint or write for one self...not to try to please someone else.
    Never got critisized for writing...so that was always easier....

Learning to be free that way again has been hard, but I am getting there..i like the things I paint out of feeling for myself and because II like them better than anything I had someone in mind with having to try and please.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Writing is an illness

SexualIntellectual likes this.
  4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Taoists say "The humor of the toddler is the hardest to master" because, of course, "You are the toddler dummy!" We're all big kids to somebody else, and I'm a master of the Tao Te Ching and Rainbow Warrior poetry which are based on childish potty mouth nursery rhymes still being reinvented everywhere. The kids rhymes are actually mathematical, expressing everything and nothing as bullshit rhymes, and many of us actually believe they are alive and have a life of their own. Anyone can improve on our poetry at any time and write more, and we all recognize right away what works best and doesn't. For me, my words are literally alive, like living animals, with a will and life of their own, and my goal is to set them free by becoming more honest with myself. Its what I call my No-class, No-brainer, No-style adult potty humor and philosophy of collective ignorance. We don't own our words, we don't try to own each other's souls, and I tell people to set your words free, set your mind free, set your heart free, and see if they come back to you.

I've always told children, including my own, they have much more important things to teach me, while I only have facts to teach them.

5. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Sad moments, happy moments. Reason to celebrate. Injustices. People whom I miss or inspire me. Love. All of that and more, inspire my writing.

Sometimes, nothing at all does, too. Like a fleeting thought can end up becoming a strong blog or story. So, it depends.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Emotions. I write from pure emotion. And I only write well when I really feel something, deep down. Otherwise it comes out forced

Deidre likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm not sure what inspires me to write, it's just something I do. Influences obviously and things I find myself passionate about.

When I write the online articles I put in a lot of emphasis to be journalistic, I'm not satisfied with it reading like just a someone has written that. I have a lot of good feedback about my online articles at the moment. I didn't realise that many people read them and enjoyed them yet I've been told it's what is making our little venture work. I find it very time consuming and I don't really get much out of it personally, but I adore the appreciating and I guess that inspires me to keep up my effort and writing. :)

Being asked to write articles for the front page of iRacing I found honourable for me. I'm used to writing for our leagues and getting to know people personally through the journey helps me write more detailed work, but when I was asked to write for iRacing, it meant watching other things, other series, different cultures even and learning a lot in the process. I put the effort and emphasis into my work and honestly I'm chuffed that it is recieved so well. I'm not used to getting that type of attention or hype and knowing that there's 400 people 3 days a week waiting for my articles is also inspiring, and when asked to produce a genuine article for iRacing where tens of thousands might read it, I find that inspiring too. :)

So while I don't think I directly inspire others, I k ow I sort of do, because often I will drop a name of somebody and they make it viral and they're so happy and pleased they got mentioned that the way I take it, my writing inspires them to do better and perform better because they want to read about themselves. I can literally say first hand that in my circumstances and experiences, my writing touches others and that's promising for a young woman like me because far more often than not, that part of me is overlooked.

8. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I throw everything I write away because I often find it pretentious or too simple. :(

But... Music sometimes it's just playing in my head and I have to try and get it down. Sometimes I succeed but... I always lose it eventually.

I'm not really sure what inspires any of it. Just kinda... Happens.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I also erase a lot of things I write. Especially on forums.

Sometimes I think no one cares.
    Sometimes I think no one deserves to hear it from me lol.

GeorgeJetStoned and Deidre like this.
  10. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup, they slither while they slip away across the universe. Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my open mind across the universe... Deja vu again! Ah, om, nothing's gonna change my world, nothing's gonna change my world. Deja vu all over again, Deja vu all over again, Deja vu all over again...

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think music is a good inspiration for writing, a lot of people ask how others find topics etc or find that a lot has been done before, so I tend to look at lyrical work as stepping stones.

When I was writing my novel, the title was enough inspiration to get me going. Where Silent Gods Stand Guard. Name of the song. I thought, wow, what a powerful title for a book. I must write this. Pencilled down had nothing to do with the actual song itself, but at the same time was the basis for the novel itself.

I might even finish it one day. ;)

McFuddy likes this.
  12. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I don't write as much as compared to before. When i do its mainly for self examination when i feel something in me really needs to be sorted out. It helps to write it out and examine it a little deeper then see the whole absurdity of it.

13. Purity

Purity Diclonius

Sometimes I write on religion or cultural oriented material.
    Not sure how inspiring it is though, haha.

Lots of business copywriting too....fun stuff.

14. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I write incredibly boring material, mostly reports and instructions for filling out reports. There's not much room in such for a lot of inspiration, but I still find ways. In particular when I do water treatment work in developing nations. I always write clear instructions that translate easily and I often give them slightly more information that's off the beaten path because it will not only boost their ego, but they'll look like a hero when they solve an otherwise undocumented problem with a system (and the vendor isn't volunteering shit about it, I seriously hate greedy fuckers).

But also knowing this bit of old-school technique gives them the appearance of a greater depth of experience than they may actually have at the moment. But really, if they're in the class, it's because they're the smartest in the surrounding 3 or 4 villages. So I do everything I can to earn their respect and I give them knowledge beyond the standard (dry as dust) corporate training program (from the 80s). What's funny is how you can run into people who are experts already and are just attending the course for shit that's specific to their configuration.

They suddenly ask a seriously tough question that knocks my brain into the weeds for a few minutes. Then I run a search and find whatever it is. But the rest of the class then starts to treat this guy like he's royalty. Even at a dull training session at a dull workplace in a dull location, people can be inspired. A lot of them still toss questions at me on LinkedIn. As far as I can tell most of the guys who trained are still making clean water.

I kind of sold out and got a corporate job on a floor of cubicles as a "Project Coordinator" though I am not attached to any particular projects. Instead I'm a kind of Freddy the Fixer (Lilyhammer) for the company. I get some people off fences, I get yelled at by corporate lords over shit other people did, I help anyone meet a deadline or deliver a presentation and I drive the drunken lords home and move their car to the MARTA lot. I have devolved into a kind of Secretary/Butler/Writer/Auditor/Bartender/Chauffeur.

How can I hope to inspire this lot? The sheer privilege of most of them, earned at tremendous cost in university life. Silver spoons and German cars. Pictures from boats with picturesque turquoise ocean vistas lining their outer wall office intermingled with ornate college degrees (plural). Oh well.

15. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

[​IMG]

I write in the public square. The faces inspire me.