What if your car gets stuck?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by ksafimova, Oct 4, 2020.

1. ksafimova

ksafimova Members

Yesterday my friend and I agreed to meet in a cafe, because we have not seen each other for a long time. We each have a job and a family and have chosen a great day to meet. I was in a good mood and I was already ready to leave. I have not been driving for long and have not yet encountered stressful situations associated with the car. And yesterday I was stuck for the first time in my life. I didn't know what to do and who to call at all. I spent a lot of time trying to find someone on the Internet to help me. Do you remember the first time you got stuck and what you did?

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

When I first started driving I went to go visit some relatives in East Providence RI.

As I was leaving their residence I heard a large screeching sound as I pulled away from the curb. I looked out the window and notice the curb was serrated, (that should have been the first clue) but I simply ignored it.

I headed north on I-95 entering Massachusetts when the front tire blew out, I momentarily lost control over the vehicle but managed to navigate into the breakdown lane. I had one of those small doughnut times as a spare but that was enough to get me to the gas station and a phone. Fortunately my parents had AAA back then, and I've had AAA 24-hour roadside assistance ever since.

ksafimova likes this.
  3. ksafimova

ksafimova Members

And also, due to the fact that the car was broken, I could not calmly move my things, as there was a move on the nose. I realized that in addition to a bunch of things, now we need to transport the car. I started to wonder "how much to ship a car cross country". It's good that at least this problem turned out to be not so significant, they got help immediately, as friends advised the company.You can check them. But it was very stressful, I hope the readers of this forum did not encounter such a problem.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  4. BeatrixPothead

BeatrixPothead Members

You say "I was stuck" and ask about others who "got stuck." In your follow- up posting in this thread, you use the phrase "such a problem"; however, you never say what the problem was nor what you mean by "stuck."

Mud, snow, ice, volcanic lava, a vat of construction adhesive, a giant magnet, rising floodwater? Stuck in what, on what, or to what?

You add this unhelpful detail: "the car was broken". Split into two pieces during an earthquake or from having a large tree fall on it?

No one knows what you mean by "stuck". I've been stuck in mud and on ice. I've never had a car split into two pieces.

wrat1 likes this.
  5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

"how much to ship a car cross country"? There are businesses that will get drivers to drive your car across the US. I have driven cars belonging to others from Florida to California and only had to pay for gas and oil. Don't know what the car owners were charged for said service.

wrat1 likes this.
  6. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Done that as well its called "Drive Away"

scratcho likes this.