What if you dont want dreads no more?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by willowbaby89, Sep 2, 2005.

1. willowbaby89

willowbaby89 Member

I myself dont have any dreads,but I would love to try to start some dreads,but not a full head of them,just a few and leave the rest of my hair alone,but what happens if you dont want dreads anymore and you want your hair back to normal , sorry if this question sounds soooo stupid

2. knottyinthemaritimes

knottyinthemaritimes Member

knotty boy has a dread lock removal kit u put the shampoo then conditoner and comb out and repeat. also can be replaced with really strong conditioner

you could cut you hair short (3-4 in) and comb the rest out using the above or a really strong conditioner

or go bald and no combing out

3. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

last time i attempted dreads they locked so tight i had to cut the bottoms off and use a bottle of conditioner on the 3 or 4 inches of hair that was left

this time i am just gonna let the dreads go =) they are starting to look nice so....

4. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Cut 'em off.

Or spend about four hours with a comb and a lot of conditioner, depending on how long and old they are.

5. forest420

forest420 Senior Member

yea the first time i had dreads, i had them for like 2 weeks, it took 3 hours and a lot of conditioner to get them out. the first time i was stupid and used wax, so maybe that had somethin to do with it taking so god damn long haha

6. 3littlebirds

3littlebirds Member

I'd say it depends on the type of hair you have - the smoother, less course it is, the easier it will be? I had dreads for over 3 years, and managed to comb them out. (but it took over 2 hours to comb each one) I actually have a couple left, and the hair that is combed actually looks very healthy.
    So it is possible :)

7. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i think if it was even possible to comb mine out (no idea why i ever would) i'd probable have like 15-20 feet of hair to figure out what to do with & i think it would take a month to comb out..
    but i dont know why would u want to get rid of em once u got em?

8. positive vibes

positive vibes Member

yeah why you want to loose the beautiful lucious locks heh >?