What if.. THERE WAS NO FURTURE?!?!

Discussion in 'The Future' started by TashasRainbows, May 5, 2007.

1. TashasRainbows

TashasRainbows Member

What if..

There was no furture! Maybe it will just all end by the time people relize were going to die if we dont start taking care of the earth!

Seriously, georgre bush starting wars. Dude think about what might happen in the furture. No one will trust anyone if you keep this crap up seriously. Its so annoying seeing him on TV, actually thinking! What hes doing is right.

What do you think, is the furture even going to come!?

ily <3;Bye hun.

2. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Technically, we arrive at the future all the time. Everytime a second/minute/day/month/year passes, time has progressed; thus, the present was once the future.

3. bluflame

bluflame Member

yeah, besides there is no actual end, only change

4. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Every end results in a new beginning.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

sure, i'm a bit appauled that more hasn't been able to have been done about the nut in control of the most destructive force on the planet, but yes, unless we've already passed the point of no return of environmental meltdown, we will continue to see many aspects of our surroundings continue to chainge and evolve, even if we have past that point, there should still be a few more decades before the ocean of atmosphere entirely dries up or becomes unbreathable to our species.

i do think we're doing a lot of dumb stupid crap that we absolutely don't have to be or continue doing. but bush is the poster boy of an economic movement that however much we protest it, the values and priorities the majority of us live by, collectively creates a market for.

i think people need to realize this and i think that we can and will and may have already begun doing so.

tecnology in general is too broad of a target. there are too many things that the number of us that exist now could simply not survive without.

but there are also things, a good many things, we'd all be a lot better off with out.

all of them compounded of course by humanity's excessive birthrate, but guns and cars and using combustion to generate energy, these are all things that there are better ways that are already well known, only inhibited partially by the momentum of the familiar and of course largely by the short sightedness of vested interests.

there will be peace in the future. it will come one of two ways: either by our getting our act togather, or by our not being here any more, and that choice remains, at least collectively, up to us.

=^^=
    .../\...

6. myself

myself just me

no future = no present

7. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

No Future = No Present ???

That makes sense in a typical view of time and events, but the truth is that tomorrow never comes and yesterday will never happen again. It's all in our minds :) Right now is the only thing that exists, and when you shut your eyes it all goes away. So past, present, and future only exist if we believe they do. Just enjoy the right now and you won't have to worry about tomorrow.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there is a big universe out there. to say no future is meaningless. humanity might destroy itself. might even destroy the entire web of life on THIS planet.

but it is assinignly and utterly unjustifiably egocentric, even if it is a collective egocentrism, to immagine the rest of the universe couldn't get along without us, or even notice we were gone.

=^^=
    .../\...

9. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

I'm currently in the past, present and future.

10. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

there is no furture cause furtures not a word
    but future will allways be
    just we may not be here to see it

11. Alaskan

Alaskan Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Thank you Eagle for the spelling lesson, for me I use Ispell.
    Time is a funny thing. Im writing this in my present and you are reading this in the future. Of course this is being typed in my past.. WOW... glad I dont do acid anymore.

12. honeyfugle

honeyfugle pumpkin

damn!
    you got that post in before i could... :&

but yeah, it's FUTURE, not FURTURE! get it right people!

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

isn't furture like when we're all gonna be furries?
    so how do you know it isn't?

yah, i hadn't noticed that in the thread title, so i guess what it's really asking is what if we're not all gonna become furries. well that's kind of not such a big deal eather way as what no future at all sounds like.

ah the hairs we can split over one little letter. or is that hares?
    wabbit stew isn't half bad really.

although somebunny is bound to object.

=^^=
    .../\...

14. honeyfugle

honeyfugle pumpkin

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i added that to my oddfunz folder. which reminds me, you do know therez a lolz programing language now?

i'll see if i can find what i did with the link, in case anyone doesn't already have it.

=^^=
    .../\...

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

17. noachian

noachian Banned

Then so be it!!!

18. paulsdeadtheory

paulsdeadtheory Member

imagine if instead of no future. even if u die time never stops, u just keep goin, theres always a tomorrow, now thats trippy.

19. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

time is something created by humans....

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

close but no see-gar. clocks are something created by humans, an instrument of "measurment" that measures nothing but itself. it is not strictly accurate however, to equate this with defining time, which is an observable dimention, or vector of dimentions from another fraime of reference.

this is not to dismiss the very real possibility that how we perceive time, (as a subjective experience) is entirely delusional and cultur-centric.

but our perceptions of time in our lives, and the observation of the dimention of time in laboratory experiments, are two very seperate and not inhierently equivalent things at all.

it does beg the question certainly, of how can anything exist without negative entropy existing in some form.

=^^=
    .../\...

there is an infinity of future for the diversity of reality. there is simply no requirement for it to include our human species. that part of it, in the immediate and fair to meddling somewhat longer term, is entirely up to our statistically combined selves, and what we choose to have be important to us and be motivated by.

(and putting symbolic value ahead of the avoidance of causing suffering, does not bode well for that collective future of ourselves as a species, nor even the web of life, on the planet we happen to occupy)

=^^=
    .../\...