What if the US news media covered current events here like it was another country.

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Reverand JC, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

I'd imagine the headlines would read as follows:

Police fire teargas and rubber bullets at anti government protestors armed with rocks and bottles.

Immigrants detained at Southern Border indefinitely while denied due process.

Right wing terrorists plot to kidnap and execute elected official.

President calls for investigation into political rivals while questioning the integrity of elections.

It kinda sounds like some 3rd world dictatorship. It only took us 4 years to get here.

C/S,
    Rev J

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Our history is rife with injustices. Chalking it up to the past four years isn't quite accurate or fair. Not that I support Trump or anything. But he is a symptom of the real problem and not the problem itself.

Scarecrow13 likes this.
  3. Reverand JC

That's right. It just seems like the last 4 years have been kinda accelerationist in terms of becoming a shithole. I'm holding my nose and voting for Neo Liberal Biden to get a break from this shit show for a minute then we need to start to try and fix shit.

C/S,
    Rev J

4. Reverand JC

I just saw this video the other day and it reminded me of your argument (maybe vice versa)

C/S,
    Rev J

5. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Reverand JC likes this.
  6. NubbinsUp

NubbinsUp Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

US news media, with rare exceptions, cover almost nothing that occurs in other countries.

If the US news media covered the US the way it does other countries and as if the US was another country, a 60-minute news broadcast (which is really 42 minutes of news and 18 minutes of previews or commercials) would be reduced to about 30 seconds of news.

Even a US-based newspaper with "robust" international coverage, of which there are very few, includes very little going on in the rest of the world. Cover the US as if it was another country? They'd just shut down completely and delete their online news sites as well.

BJintheUK likes this.