What happens when you delete people from your list of friends on facebook?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by McLeodGanja, Jan 22, 2009.

1. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

I was thinking of that, but I decided against it. There are some things it's worth keeping my account for, but not many.

2. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Fortunately I've never erroneously added someone.
    Might've exch'd hundreds of messages with a slimeball.But not added...
    Must be E-SP

Actually the concept of big brother knowing all my friends is a bit spooky...Like that thread said...:eek:

3. i_was_in_shroom_land

i_was_in_shroom_land Shroomier than you!

i know of 2 people who deleted me off facebook. lol. i am hated. lol.

one i dont really give a shit.. cause i've only met like 3 times...
    but the other used to be my bestfriend... so with her i was kinda like.. wtf.. lol.
    .. no wait. 3 people.

the others just spontaneously disappeared of the facebook world. lol.

4. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

so you can't see someone's profile on facebook unless you're their friend? am i correct about this? it's somewhat confusing to me still, but i'm liking it much better than myspace so far.

5. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

Yeah that's right.

Way I see it, if I hook up with old "friends" I hooked up with through other old friends friends lists, and they accept my invitation, then don't say anything to me, then what's the point?

Fuck em.

6. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

that's EXCELLENT. i like that privacy. i had some people who think they know me who i really really REALLY don't want in my life find me on myspace, that's why i got rid of it. but as long as i don't have my picture in it, i'm good to go. awesome. :D

7. lithium

lithium frogboy

You can "silence" people by choosing the "less about (name)" option, for those annoying people you barely know who update their status all the time or people who post rubbish music or videos... that way you never hear about them, but they don't know. I normally couldn't delete people, I'd be too worried about them getting offended and wondering what they'd done, but I've silenced a few. I've deleted one person and been deleted by at least two. I can't work out who the second person was anyway, so they can't have been that important in my life...

8. i_was_in_shroom_land

i_was_in_shroom_land Shroomier than you!

okay.. wait.. make that 5. lol.

9. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

i tried that facebook thing today, i don't know if actually worked, but from what i could tell it was no better/worse than myspace.