what happens when we die...

Discussion in 'The Future' started by crazy_gurl, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Tamee

Tamee naked

I believe life's too short to worry about what if's...

2. Tamee

Tamee naked

Hey, man, just because someone doesn't believe in the bible doesn't mean they reject "god"

3. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

I don't have the power but I do have the evidence. What it comes down to is you either accept the Bible or reject the truth.

You obviously like the way you live because when I challenge it with the Bible you say: "I am not gonna change no matter what you say." Even if it is true? It is almost like saying you don't believe the earth is round. It's the truth but you neglect it because you want to believe what you believe and what you believe is it based on anything?

4. Showtime/Redneck-Bud

Showtime/Redneck-Bud Member

"I either accept the bible or reject the truth?"

Isn't that just a liiittle bit like saying "Yer either Anti-Semitic or you like to rape puppy dogs!" I lose no matter which i pick!

Accept The bible: I choose to believe in sumfin' i don't really believe just so i can go to an afterlife i don't believe (but better safe than sorry, right! fuck my principles!) Aka: I Sell Out...

Reject The Truth: To me the truth is there is no God and there is no brain in Pat Robertsons head... in order to reject the truth (for me) i'd have to stop believing this (once again, who needs principles, right! baaa, let's be sheep, baaa!!)

No matter which stupid answer i choose... i'd have to sell out...

so i choose... neither... i choose to live a life of peace and good-will towards men and just hope that if there actually is a god, he's not this stuck up asshole who won't let people (no matter how nice they are) in to the good afterlife if they don't "accept" him that you say he is... buh-bye and peace, man...

5. Small_Brown

Small_Brown Senior Member

In death, I believe your dead. Theres no "heaven" or anything else of that nature. You get put into the ground and that it. Your time is over.

6. JanaXGIRL

JanaXGIRL Senior Member

Yeah, I guess that everybody believes in something or someone.. everybody has such notional God but not always it's about Jesus and Bible and Christianity or so..

somebody can believe in jesus, somebody in Buddha, somebody in.. John Lennon.. but still believes, and that's most important.. (to me)

7. Paul Morphy

Paul Morphy Banned

I knew you were going to say this. The Bible is filled with contradictions and mistakes, and if what you say is true, then God is either falible, or he deliberately filled the Bible with mistakes and contradictions. If that is the case, he caused innumerable people to misinterpret the Bible and therefore lead sinful lives, and go to Hell after they died.

8. Tamee

Tamee naked

No one is worthless

9. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Okey, "evidence" is based on objective fact(Ex: We know what rocks are made out of, but if there weren't any scientists to describe what rocks are made out of, they'd still be made out of the same stuff, not the best example, but it works under the circumstances) The Bible is based on subjective 'truths', ie. someone said that something happened, so it happened.

Also, equating the "truth" of the Bible, and the Earth's roundness is a stupid thing to do. We can discern the earth's roundness from around other things, the orbit of sattalites, the earth's round shadow cast on the moon during an eclipse, and pictures and video taken from space. All these are testible, provable facts. The Bible, while based in reality, cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, because the occurrances in it cannot be tested. So far, walking on water, parting a sea, changing water into wine, rising from the dead, all these seem to have only happened in the book, so they can't be tested and proven to be fact.

"It's the truth but you neglect it because you want to believe what you believe and what you believe is it based on anything?"

Heh heh, I submit that you are the one who is disregarding the truth, the light, the cold fact of the matter. You are beleiving falsehoods, lies instilled in you by this world, and the only way to break free from those lies is to beleive what I say. Now, how does that make you feel? And beleive me, I don't have to actually formulate my arguments and try to go at it half-logically, I can just give in to rhetoric and self-made dogma, and repeat myself over and over and over until everyone on this thread has been made sick by my repatism.

10. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

find a contradiction

11. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

Don't believe in church Don't believe in priests or pastors. Believe in Jesus because He is flawless. Follow the Bible because it is flawless.... You say no way.... PLEASE LOOK AT THE LINK IN MY SIGNITURE...

12. Maes

Maes Senior Member

life after death has been an issue vulnerable to misuse by the "religious" authorities. The earliest conceptualizing of "the life after death" has been seen in the culture of the Neanderthalensis man for they buried their dead with funeral gifts such as stone tools, medicational herbs and food.

13. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

your corpse rots in a hole in the ground......

and there you stood on the edge of your feather, expecting to fly........
    -Buffalo Springfield

no i think there is a heaven, but actually, im not sure. i think we float around in nothingness

14. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

15. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

"Later, there were people who would show me what appeared to be contradictions in the Bible, yet these were not contradictions at all, but only a lack of research on the part of those that said these things."

http://r-campbell34.tripod.com/proof/id8.html

This guy has done the research from atheist to believer. He's seen the truth and no longer cries wolf.

16. Showtime/Redneck-Bud

JesusAndPals,

Yer arrogant... yer on an ego trip... yer only here to convince people to think exactly like you... you don't really consider yerself a sinner, you just say that so people won't think yer stuck-up... Most people who do these "finding facts in the bible" thingies are doing them because deep-down they are beginning to lose their faith, and this is their way of desperatley clinging on...

but that's all just my opinion...

buh-bye and peace, man...

17. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

For all have fallen short of the glory of god. What part of that don't you understand? I am a sinner ...I am a sinner ...I AM A SINNER!! And I tell Jesus that all the time. It is true Bible proofs do make my faith stronger but that is not why I studied them. The reason why I studied them is because when I started to tell others about the Bible and Jesus the people began to ask questions back. ...

"How do you know the Bible is true?"
    "Aren't there a lot of contradictions in the Bible?"
    "How do you know that the Bible wasn't changed?"

So I began studying because I did not know.

You must understand through the Bible I believe that all people either Go to heaven or hell. That people can be saved from hell if they accpet Jesus into their hearts. And I am trying my best prevent people from walkin on the the highway to hell and leading the to the stairway to heaven. It has nothing to do with my ego I JUST CAN'T STAND WATCHING A GENERATION GOING DOWN IN FLAMES. I can't stress it enough.

I am sorry if I offended you... please understand where I am coming from

18. Showtime/Redneck-Bud

19. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

Thats my testimony man..... I have the cure to prevent death... and I am trying to pass it out.. but people don't want it.

20. Showtime/Redneck-Bud

No you don't... the cure fer death is not dying... and nobody can prevent dying... we've all gotta go sometime...