what happens when we die...

Discussion in 'The Future' started by crazy_gurl, Jun 7, 2004.

1. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

-The Bible is the only text that has prophetic proof. It predicts future events before they happen in great detail. Also the scientific accuracies unique part of the Bible. It talks about scientific things hundreds and in some cases thousands of years before they had been discovered such as the earth is round. On top of that the Bible has archaeological finds that confirm stories of the Bible that were once thought as false. Such as the crossing of the Red Sea. People are finding Chariots, Chariot wheels, spairs, human remains, and many of there things that show that this great event surely did happen. Prophetic, Archaeological and Scientifical proof is what seperates Christianity from all the rest of the religions.

Though these are never talk about in the church. What I know was not learned in the church but from my own research. But to better explain it read this guys testimony .....

To the best of my memory, before I came to the saving grace of Jesus Christ, I did not believe the Bible was true. I doubted whether there was a God and believed that we were born, lived so many years, and then died. I owned a successful business and thought that I had succeeded by my own wits.
    One evening, my wife and I heard some documentation that these were the last days before Jesus Christ would actually return. Not really wanting to hear it, I almost walked out. Something kept me there, and I listened. I was not convinced. I still had doubts whether or not there was a God. I doubted whether there really was a Satan, heaven, hell, or a judgment. Just to be sure, however, I decided to do a little research. My idea was to find out if the Bible was really true. Indeed, if I could find one contradiction, one error, or anything in the Bible that was not true, then that would be all that was needed to disregard it. (I wasn't necessarily interested in whether we were in the latter days or not, but just trying to find out if the Bible was really true.) I believed this would take a very short time.
    As I have learned, the Bible has about 10,000 prophecies (verses). Nearly one-third of the Bible is directly or indirectly related to prophecy. This endeavour led me into far more research than I could have suspected. One thing needed, was to determine when the Bible was actually written. Because of this, a study of biblical history and archaeology was necessary. I found the Old Testament was indeed written before the coming of Jesus, as the Dead Sea Scrolls (containing parts of the book of Isaiah) were proven to have been written before Jesus came. The book of Isaiah includes forecasts of Jesus. Thousands of clay tablets have also been found, which confirm many accounts in the Bible.
    I began studying the prophecies in the Bible. My wife would go to the library for me to obtain documentation from reference books to see if the prophecies really did take place. One day went by, then two days, and then a week. Every prophecy that we were able to get information on proved to be accurate. Two weeks went by. Then four weeks passed. My job became of secondary importance. Every prophecy that we were able to verify checked as being true. I was astonished, but far from convinced. I still had doubts as to whether there was a God, a heaven, or a hell yet I had to be sure. Later, there were people who would show me what appeared to be contradictions in the Bible, yet these were not contradictions at all, but only a lack of research on the part of those that said these things. I was searching to find if the Bible was true. My wife spent a lot of time at the library making copies of various reference materials, which I would check out against the Scriptures. Stubborn, that's me. Even after four weeks of intensive study, proving prophecy after prophecy was true, I was still skeptical and refused to believe. I began taking more time off from my business and investing it in study. One month turned into two, and two months turned into four. The more I researched, the more determined I became. It wasn't possible. The Bible could not be perfect. Thousands of prophecies, and every one perfect? No, impossible! Sixty-six books written by many people over hundreds of years and not one error? If I would admit that, I would have to admit there was a God, and I was not prepared to do it, even after months of research.
    My studies also included various translations of the Bible, checking prophecies against reference books, archaeological discoveries, just to mention some. It became an obsession with me. My foremost desire was to know the truth. Four months turned into many months. I've never known anyone, before or since, that was willing to take this amount of time just to find out if the Bible was true. Finally, I had to admit I was wrong.
    If you would walk across the street 10,000 times and never get hit, then you would walk across the street the next time by faith. So it was with me. Finally, after spending almost countless hours of research, I had to admit the Bible is true and is indeed the perfect Word of God. Anyone willing to take the time I did and do the same research, could only come to the same conclusion, if they are honest with themselves. I may have been the biggest skeptic in the world, but now I know. It did not come easy, but by God's mercy and grace, it did come.

2. Showtime/Redneck-Bud

Showtime/Redneck-Bud Member

I am not "Anti-Jesus"... I'm Anti-believe-in-god-or-else-christians...

3. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

You are either for him or against him... but the what I really want to know is:

What if you found of the Bible was a 100% true would you believe and follow it?

If I found the Bible to be false I would not follow it.

4. Showtime/Redneck-Bud

"You're either for him or against him"

Stop quoting Hitler!!

5. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

-Jesus said

"He who is not with me is against me" (Matt. 12:30)

Maybe it was Hitler that quoted Jesus

And I will keep on puting this quote up:

"4. I was raised Christian... I know everything it's about..."
    Apparently not

6. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

7. Showtime/Redneck-Bud

8. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

The Bible is best source of Jesus because it was INSPIRED BY GOD(aka no errors) as i have been trying to explain for the last 15 posts. Find a website that counters the Archaeological, Scientific, and Prophectic of the Bible.

This guy use to be a skeptic just like you but not until he actually took the time and looked if the Bible was actually true that he found that it was.

THE BIGGEST SKEPTIC IN THE WORLD:
    IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME

(courtesy of http://bibledesk.com/)

To the best of my memory, before I came to the saving grace of Jesus Christ, I did not believe the Bible was true. I doubted whether there was a God and believed that we were born, lived so many years, and then died. I owned a successful business and thought that I had succeeded by my own wits.
    One evening, my wife and I heard some documentation that these were the last days before Jesus Christ would actually return. Not really wanting to hear it, I almost walked out. Something kept me there, and I listened. I was not convinced. I still had doubts whether or not there was a God. I doubted whether there really was a Satan, heaven, hell, or a judgment. Just to be sure, however, I decided to do a little research. My idea was to find out if the Bible was really true. Indeed, if I could find one contradiction, one error, or anything in the Bible that was not true, then that would be all that was needed to disregard it. (I wasn't necessarily interested in whether we were in the latter days or not, but just trying to find out if the Bible was really true.) I believed this would take a very short time.
    As I have learned, the Bible has about 10,000 prophecies (verses). Nearly one-third of the Bible is directly or indirectly related to prophecy. This endeavour led me into far more research than I could have suspected. One thing needed, was to determine when the Bible was actually written. Because of this, a study of biblical history and archaeology was necessary. I found the Old Testament was indeed written before the coming of Jesus, as the Dead Sea Scrolls (containing parts of the book of Isaiah) were proven to have been written before Jesus came. The book of Isaiah includes forecasts of Jesus. Thousands of clay tablets have also been found, which confirm many accounts in the Bible.
    I began studying the prophecies in the Bible. My wife would go to the library for me to obtain documentation from reference books to see if the prophecies really did take place. One day went by, then two days, and then a week. Every prophecy that we were able to get information on proved to be accurate. Two weeks went by. Then four weeks passed. My job became of secondary importance. Every prophecy that we were able to verify checked as being true. I was astonished, but far from convinced. I still had doubts as to whether there was a God, a heaven, or a hell yet I had to be sure. Later, there were people who would show me what appeared to be contradictions in the Bible, yet these were not contradictions at all, but only a lack of research on the part of those that said these things. I was searching to find if the Bible was true. My wife spent a lot of time at the library making copies of various reference materials, which I would check out against the Scriptures. Stubborn, that's me. Even after four weeks of intensive study, proving prophecy after prophecy was true, I was still skeptical and refused to believe. I began taking more time off from my business and investing it in study. One month turned into two, and two months turned into four. The more I researched, the more determined I became. It wasn't possible. The Bible could not be perfect. Thousands of prophecies, and every one perfect? No, impossible! Sixty-six books written by many people over hundreds of years and not one error? If I would admit that, I would have to admit there was a God, and I was not prepared to do it, even after months of research.
    My studies also included various translations of the Bible, checking prophecies against reference books, archaeological discoveries, just to mention some. It became an obsession with me. My foremost desire was to know the truth. Four months turned into many months. I've never known anyone, before or since, that was willing to take this amount of time just to find out if the Bible was true. Finally, I had to admit I was wrong.
    If you would walk across the street 10,000 times and never get hit, then you would walk across the street the next time by faith. So it was with me. Finally, after spending almost countless hours of research, I had to admit the Bible is true and is indeed the perfect Word of God. Anyone willing to take the time I did and do the same research, could only come to the same conclusion, if they are honest with themselves. I may have been the biggest skeptic in the world, but now I know. It did not come easy, but by God's mercy and grace, it did come.

[​IMG]

9. Showtime/Redneck-Bud

10. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

I'll take this from an Archaeological view....

[​IMG]

In one of the most spectacular archeological finds this century, the burial box of James the brother of Jesus has been discovered. All the details have been reported in the November/December 2002 issue of Biblical Archaeological Review. Technically, the burial box is referred to as an ossuary. The ossuary slightly trapezoid in shape with dimensions about 20 inches long, by 10 inches wide, by 12 inches high. On the top of the box the inscription reads, "James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus." The paleographer at Sorbonne University in Paris (École Pratique des Hautes Études), Andre Lemaire, dated the empty box to 63 A.D. Experts say that the mention of a brother is unusual--indicating that this Jesus must have been a well-known figure.

11. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

12. Showtime/Redneck-Bud

"What if you found of the Bible was a 100% true would you believe and follow it?"

You obviously want me to answer this question, so here it goes... maybe... that all depends on what you mean by true...

(PS: you look down on people who think differently than you, don't you?)

13. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

What I mean is that everything in the Bible happened every thing in the Bible that says will happen is still going to happen (end times). There is a heaven there is a hell. There is a God. There is a Devil. That life on earth is only a mist compared life in eternity. And the only way to escape hell and go to heaven is to accept Jesus Christ.

I don't look down on people. I am not better than anyone else. Like the famous sermon by John Smith "Sinners in the hands of an angry God" We are all hanging by a string over hell. But the only way to avoid that string from breaking thus keeping a person from falling into hell is to follow Jesus.

I know the Bible is true and not to share the message of the cross with anyone would be selfish. It's kinda like standing on shore while a person is drownding and saying to myself "I don't want to get wet."

Jesus wants everyone to go to heaven but people chose not to go by reject him.

14. Showtime/Redneck-Bud

"I know the Bible is true and not to share the message of the cross with anyone would be selfish."

A very arrogant thing to say, in my opinion...

15. Showtime/Redneck-Bud

By the way... i can't answer yer question 'cuz i don't think the bible is 100% true and as a result i just can't imagine how i would respond if i found it were... sorry... i know how much you needed this answer to feed yer ego but i just can't answer it...

16. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

Why? If you had the cure for cancer and you gave it to everyone that had cancer would that be arrogant? OR should you never release that cure in effort to avoid beinf arrogant

I know that The Bible is true.... And like the cure I am going to release to the world. But most of the world does not know the Bible is true because the pastors/priests never talk about it and world does not want to know that the Bible is true so they don't look. Because if the Bible is true that means they have to change for the good. Something most people do not want to do.

You never really answered the question after I defined the Bible truth:

Would you believe the Bible if you found that it was completely true?

17. JesusDiedForU

JesusDiedForU Banned

The Bible is a 100% true and what it comes down to after this is proved to a person that does not believe is they either accept the Bible or reject the truth.

This is not an ego trip. I am not here to put you down but to show you the way. Jesus loves you-thats why he died for your sins-but it is up to you to accept his sacrifice.

18. Showtime/Redneck-Bud

I have made it very clear that i am not gonna change my mind on this issue... yet you still seem to think you have the power to "show me the light"...

it may not be the exact definition of "ego trip", but it's an ego trip none the less...

19. Wandering Pisces

Wandering Pisces Member

20. Showtime/Redneck-Bud