What Games Are You Playing Right Now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Terrapin2190, Feb 28, 2015.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ and that was only once out of probably at least 6 characters i've created.

i don't finish a lot of games. it probably ends up around 50/50. generally any game with a lot of extra side content, i'm likely to start on the side content and end up getting tired of it before i finish. i also play good games multiple times, but a lot of the time i'll only actually finish the game once out of several playthroughs.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I regret making a new character in Oblivion. I got so far but realised I wanted to use more magic, so I created another character to have more magic but I still used a Nord who aren't good at magic... I gave up after that. I wanted to use that dumb spell on a mission at some old fort that got blown up when a wizard tried to use it. Fingers of the mountain or some shit. My character didn't come close to having the magic HP to use it.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't think anyone ever beat oblivion. don't you have to close a million oblivion gates before you can finish it? those things are all so long, and practically identical. tedious as fuck.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah, but I kinda liked it because it was so demonic lol. Seeing all those corpses just torn up and hanging there.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah it was a very cool location, but there was just too damn much of it.

actually, i just looked it up, and you only actually have to close a small number of gates (i can't get a straight answer from google, but everyone agrees that it's not too many). but that's just to get through the main quest; apparently there are 60 gates out there and in my experience, it just feels wrong to stumble across a gate and just leave it there. i know that was the main reason i stopped my last playthrough.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I just ran away from them because usually I only wanted to mind my own business and explore anew fort or cave but nooooo oblivion needed to open a gate and all those dumb Imp things head butting me and throwing fire at me.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i suppose part of the problem was also that exploring a new cave wasn't that fun either. since they were all just the same generic cave full of identical guys named Bandit who never had any actual reason for being there and were only guarding generic loot that you could easily get anywhere.

ultimately, morrowind just ruined oblivion for me. skyrim was different enough that it was a fun game on its own; oblivion was just morrowind minus half the things that made it fun.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What was that

Hmm I guess it's nothing.

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I picked up a PS3 over the course of yesterday. I couldn't resist. $89 seems like so little. But all of those systems were sold out everywhere. It actually cost $119. :(
    I'm a little bummed about that. But I have a cute little system now. It's a PS3 slim, and I got two final fantasy games for $4.99 a piece!

[​IMG]
    Final Fantasy X-X2 (It has like 4 games; I started on FFX yesterday afternoon).

[​IMG]
    Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns. I have mixed feelings on this one because it has a countdown clock that doesn't leave much time for exploring during gameplay. I'm almost guaranteed to lose by running out of time. I've played this before and hated that timer, but I think I'm ready to give it another chance. I haven't started on it yet, but it's up next! :)

10. James T

James T Members

Elder Scrolls Online
    DC Universe Online
    Dead By Daylight

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

How is Elders Scrolls online? I can't ever picture myself playing it, like it it really hectic? Cause i just like to explore stuff and do my own thing, online always sounds like its hectic and always fighting and shit. Fuck dat, that's not how Thorrson lives in Tamriel. He's a quest man, and he might get lost along the way and pick up 100 other quests and forget about that one he started and like, who's anyone to tell him otherwise? That's when you get a shield bash and a axe to the face, a 10x power attack move. Like I said, Thorrson does his own thing, and if someone trynna stop that thing, someone getting hurt.

12. James T

James T Members

I play solo. Lots of solo dungeons and quests. Its closer to morrowind/oblivion as far as the RPG and levels.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

but like when you run into someone, it's another real life person right?

See I like that aspect, sort of... but i don't wanna be fighting every Tom, Dick and Harry just because we see each other.

Like I prefer Simulations because once you master a AI game, it's boring, you learn their pre intended moves, it gets boring, but a real life person, well thats a different story.

Like I play iRacing and before i played AI and the AI always programmed to react a certain way pending what you do, but against a IRL opponent, you dunno what they're gonna do, and besting them is so much a better feeling that against just the computer AI.

14. James T

James T Members

There are ai and other players. Ive actually fell in with other solo players on difficult dungeons just for rhe extent of the dungeons.

15. soulcompromise

I'm currently working on Final Fantasy X, and I think I'm at a good stopping point. What I'm trying to say is, I think that finishing the game might be a moot point. It's more than halfway through, and I seem to sense that every single battle is going to be tougher and tougher now, whereas before there were level enemies that were easily beaten with boss battles at then end of the level or at a couple of points in the level. I'm out of potions and where I am right now I don't have a summoner or person who cures, so I'm entirely reliant on the potions. And every single battle is seeming to require them. I'm out of phoenix downs. There is one character (Rikku) who can heal party members, but the potions she uses heal your entire party. So if only one guy is toast, it's really a shame to misuse the potion. Might be my only option. And you know I'll need them later... Aurgh!! :D Frustrated

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

is it your first time through or have you played it before? i really liked that game, so i would consider it worth a full playthrough at least once. my issue with that game probably more than any other i've played, although it applies to the entire final fantasy series and to a lesser extent most JRPGs, is that you can either play through the main story or play the optional content, but it's not really fun to do them both on the same playthrough. with FFX especially, by the time you play through even 10% of the optional content, you're so overpowered that finishing the main story is just a boring joke (technically i think this game is scripted so that you can't lose once you get to the final boss anyway, but that's a whole different gripe). it's the case with almost every JRPG i've played though; you fight even the easiest optional boss and then go fight the real boss, and the only reason you don't fall asleep is because it's over so quick.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

2022 season of.madden 4-1 start.
    Post Scriptum.
    Iracing.

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

No internet at my place next few days. Time to focus on a singleplayer mode (like I used to). But all I care for atm where it comes to gaming is Red dead online or Battlefront 2 multiplayer.
    Might roam in RDR2 storymode this evening with my carefully selected and lengthy spaghetti western playlist blasting :)

19. soulcompromise

If by optional content you mean side quests, I haven't encountered that with FFX. Perhaps you are thinking of a different final fantasy game because this one has been fairly linear in that the world map doesn't really allow for exploring. You just go from area to area... There is this one area that I didn't spend much time in that I'm now sort of regretting; Bikanel Island. It's a desert level that had cactuar which have always been problematic for me in every final fantasy game where I've encountered them. They always have a 10,000 needle attack...

Anyway, I think my problem is going to be not having enough hi-potions. Hopefully there will be a place to buy them soon. Or if I get the character (Yuna) back who has all the cure spells then I may not need so many potions. It's hard to decide where to spend gil! I want weapons too. And armor. But it's hard to afford all of that on a single play through the given levels. You have to sort of hang around fighting everything twice to raise enough gil for this and that. Anyway. It's still enjoyable. :)

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i mostly mean optional bosses. which there are a ton of. i don't know if you've unlocked the monster arena yet, but once you do there's like 30 optional bosses in there. and to even unlock all of them, you have to go back through every level and kill 10 of every enemy in the game using a specific weapon.

there's a lot of other sidequests too (you can start unlocking most of the ultimate weapons pretty soon, so you might want to hold off on buying weapons if you're strapped for cash). if you're past bikanel and it's still linear, you must be just about to reach the point where you can go back and travel to everywhere you've already been. that's when pretty much all the optional stuff becomes available.

soulcompromise likes this.