What Games Are You Playing Right Now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Terrapin2190, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I was trying to find a good horse to steal but couldn't find any. Just cause they look good doesn't mean they are. :p I usually rob a stage coach and set the horse free lol.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i managed to tame that badass white horse that hangs out up in the snow. according to the internet, that's one of the best horses available, so i haven't bothered looking for any other horses.

Asmodean likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Hmm I might have to go for a ride and see if I can get him. I haven't played for almost a month now.

4. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

@Asmodean
    I forget which thread it was but you had asked if I had played any Trek games, particularly those that might have allowed the player to stroll around the Enterprise but I didn’t have the chance to answer at the time. I haven’t played any quite like that, unfortunately.

I’m trying to think which ones I have played though... years ago there was this cool turn based strategy game called Birth of the Federation. You could be one of five major factions - The United Federation of Planets (of course!), The Klingon Empire, The Romulan Star Empire, the Cardassian Union, and the Ferengi Alliance.

It was really quite ahead of its time... a decent diplomacy system, managing different star systems, researching new technologies, ship building, trade, and combat.

I spent a lot of hours on that game, wasting away the flower of my youth instead of studying . I regret nothing because I conquered the galaxy many times over instead.

Asmodean likes this.
  5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it's up by lake isabella somewhere. northwest shore maybe? i don't remember exactly.

Irminsul likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I might go huntingater today then. :p all I want is a bloody horse ride without getting into trouble lol. But I always end up in a gun fight and have to chase after some dibber dobber. I just lassoo them now then put on horse and then take them somewhere and then stab them.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah i can't stand going into saint denis anymore. guaranteed someone will dive in front of my horse on my way to my destination and i have no choice but to flee the massive manhunt and give up on whatever i was actually trying to do.

8. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Hahaha
    Yeah man you can’t just go galloping through the town!

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yeah, who does that!?

Saint Denis is beautiful, only reason i moved on from there is because its not why i play this game: for the wild west setting. I enjoy the great plains, mountains, forests and desert a lot more. But for the time you're there for the story it was a lot of fun i must say.

10. Asmodean

Yes, its around that lake and yups, its the best horse in singleplayer. A white arabian

I took one from a dead villain during chapter 3 or so and finished the story with it. It wasn't the best but i never felt it was lacking in speed or stamina. It was this one:
    [​IMG]

11. Asmodean

Have you noticed the free and very immersive as it seems (didn't try extensively) Star trek online game on ps4? It looks like a mix between rpg and strategy and i saw vids of people walking around starfleet academy, on Enterprise like spaceships and commanding ships in space battles. You could also start as Vulcan or Klingon. What stopped me from trying was 1) the graphics, and 2) the time it would take to fully explore that game. Can't play everything, and frankly this doesn't seem like the star trek experience i want anyway, even if you could walk around in all these locations. Its mmo as i understand

12. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Shame on you.
    You should be riding a gray and bearing the sword of Wotan. :yum::yum::yum:

13. Asmodean

Tomahawk. At least it somewhat resemb les a battleaxe :-D

14. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Yeah I’ve played it quite a bit... I was a preorder guy back when it was first released on PC years ago (hence the out of date graphics).

I occasionally play it on PS4 now... I personally enjoy it despite its flaws. But as you said... how many games can someone focus on? So I kind of use it as a break from the others I play often... it’s familiar and the mmo aspect of it keeps it dynamic enough.

15. Asmodean

The content seems worthy. I admit i am a bit of a graphics whore. Not to the extend i want a game pc and get busy with graphic cards etc. and I also can fully enjoy an older game from a former gen console (i played The last of us on ps4 and would not want to have missed that. Superb), but yeah they have to be good enough so that i can emerge myself in the setting. Esp with an action/adventure game

McFuddy likes this.
  16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

hell, even at a slow trot they'll still manage to bump into you and initiate a manhunt. you can't just walk through there fully slow every time, that would take all day.

also, last time i was there someone ran out of an alley and attacked me, which of course led to murder charges since self defense doesn't exist. i have no idea who the guy was or what i did to piss him off.

McFuddy likes this.
  17. Asmodean

Self defense does exist. When you verbally atagonize a npc to the point he starts hitting you, you can beat him down without consequences. He started it, sheriff! :grinning:

But i do recognize these frustrating situations and happenings you mention very well ;) At some point i just got the hang of it of going at a medium speed through the city.
    I had similar issues in Valentine at first: accidently bumping into someone, starting fights, get needlessly killed etc. But later on rarely. Still, crowded Saint Denis is the best place for this unwanted trouble of course..

18. Asmodean

I'm just taking a break from horse racing btw. It's more fun than i at first thought. Nothing like winning by shooting the best competitor with a double barreled shotgun just before the finish line :-D

McFuddy likes this.
  19. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

Add me bro.

20. cindywarble

cindywarble Members

im still on WoW actually i just started...doing starcraftII & of course RL grinding...
    got pokemon ultra moon for 3DS its tight as heck...first 3D pokemon game for handheld...very worth it...