What Games Are You Playing Right Now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Terrapin2190, Feb 28, 2015.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

just got to chapter 3. and i finally had a horse survive long enough to get to bonding level 4. naturally, it's the second worst horse i've had yet, but oh well.

i really need to figure out how to kill large game. i still haven't successfully killed any legendary animals, and the pristine bison i managed to kill recently became a poor pelt because it took about 6 shots to the face with my post powerful rifle to take it down. i also am not sure if i should be paying off my storyline bounties or if the storyline will take care of them. at this point, it would take most of my cash to clear my name, and i haven't done anything wrong that i wasn't forced to (well i have, but i paid all those bounties off already).

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yeah, if you get a bounty through the happenings of a story mission it generally is like any other bounty. It stays until it gets paid.
    I suppose I didn't struggle that much with this in chapter 2 and 3 because I 1) bought very little, and 2) played honourable which kept bounties low (i did experiment plenty with dishonourable practices :D but after a manual save and didn't save over it.).

I was rarely busy with hunting perfect pelts or legendary animals. I just shot animals for Pearsons stew. I only started investing in optional weaponry like end of chapter 3. Same with horses. You can play perfectly fine with average horses and definitely don't have to invest in an expensive one early on (if you want one do so of course, but its really not a must i found). During most of the story I only upgraded my ride by taking better horses of dead people. Bonding is done fairly quick if you brush, pat and feed it regularly!

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it took me a while to realize i was supposed to be feeding my horses. maybe halfway through chapter 2 the stable owner yelled at me for starving the poor thing, and then i finally started.

it's actually pretty tough to play honorable in this one. i figured i would go that route my first playthrough because it's the easier way to go in most games, but i'm getting the feeling that this game would be much easier if you just play as an asshole. as it is, i'm only like 55% honorable, because i keep getting forced to shoot people and whatnot.

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

These look interesting, but I think I'm holding out until Sony makes a new system.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Asmodean

It goes naturally for me on a first playthrough. Well, i always try both early in a game that supposedly has a well worked out honour system, because im eager to see how the npc community reacts to crime, how good the shooting is in a game, etc. but then usually go with honourable. Which went fairly naturally in this game too imo. But yes, sometimes you bump into someone in town and have a big row which ends in a bounty on your head, completely unwanted and unneccesary :p

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Haven't played any cowboy or anything on xbox for a couple of days. A little bit of post Scriptum. Was in a 3hr match that looked to go for another 3 hours but I got annoyed with it and left.

7. Asmodean

I'm trying the online mode now and oh boy, did I laugh too early about my full purse in RDR2 :D I'm dirt poor again and it's a lot harder to make money in the online mode. .. in the amounts you want so you can buy a weapon to keep on par with the other players anyway.
    Still, was a hoot just riding across the prairie with a friend :) Also just taking notice of other real players doing their thing, seeing posses, etc. Pretty cool how it all works

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Haven't played xbox since Christmas. Been playing post Scriptum a bit though.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm still on chapter 4. haven't made any actual progress in a while, i've just been doing challenges and hunting/fishing for legendary things. although i've pretty much done the things that can be easily done at this point so i'm about to start doing missions again.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I haven't seen Dutch since we build new camp. I've been ignoring his stupid ass. :p

11. Asmodean

My fav way of going through the singleplayer here was doing a lot of side stuff and free roaming before advancing with the story (sometimes it was a guess though: you don't know which yellow mission dot will advance it. You only know its a yellow one), but not free roaming far in to areas where no side stuff is winking yet. When the camp is relocated to a new area that's the time for exploring new parts again. But at some point the story became too important/pressing to postpone with sidestuff i found. Good thing i took my sweet time during chapter 2 and 3 (no spoilers :D )

12. Asmodean

I skipped all that stuff. I focussed on companion missions, robbing homesteads and shops after getting a tip and just all the random encounters. Pretty cool how diverse a first play through can be huh

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ yeah, i typically skip that kind of stuff on a first playthrough too, but it's actually fun enough in this game that it's pulling me away from the story missions at times.

i was kind of under the impression that the advancing yellow mission didn't appear until all other yellow missions for that chapter were already completed. but maybe it's just accidentally worked out that way for me so far.

14. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I thought so too. Still do.

15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The animals poop in Read Dead. That makes me giggle. All men are forever 12.

McFuddy likes this.
  16. Asmodean

Could be so! Thing is I went Irmi style (avoiding Dutch when he has a mission icon) and went with missions other camp members offered but it appears sometimes to be a main mission. Which i found nicely done: got suprised a few times.

Horseballs shrink in the cold :-D

Anyway, once you get in the flow of online mode its not difficult to keep making money. I made most last couple of times with horse racing :) High Mariokart feel to it with the stamina and weapon pickups! Except here you don't shoot bananas or a turtle shield but with a double barrel shotgun, revolver or a well thrown stick of dynamite :D

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

they're pretty tricky about that. the mission says "reverend swanson needs to speak with you", so you go to the reverend and he says three words, then sadie interrupts and says two sentences, then pearson comes along and hijacks the conversation for a minute, and then suddenly there's dutch saying "we have to go blow up saint denis right now."

i've seen mention of that on the internet, but i can't see any balls on any of my horses and arthur calls them all "girl". have i just happened to only get female horses, or is arthur full of shit and i just haven't zoomed in enough on my horses' nether regions?

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Eaaasy girrrl. Good grrrrl

19. Asmodean

I never gazed at my horses nutsack in varying weather conditions either but some folks verified it in pics or vids.
    I noticed when you buy a horse you can also select gender so yeah there are at least 2 genders of horses :-D

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

hmm, i've never actually bought a horse. i might buy a male just to see what arthur says to it.