What Games Are You Playing Right Now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Terrapin2190, Feb 28, 2015.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Probably has to do with the fact that there's only one way to get passed any given scenario: combat.

Sometimes you can use charisma to talk more caps out of someone.

2. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Clash of Clans and Clash Royale. Everyday.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

could be. it's been long enough that i don't really remember exactly how combat focused that game was. but i never play a charismatic character anyway; this most recent playthrough of each game was the first time i actually gave points to the speech skill, and even then i'm still starting with rock bottom charisma stats. but, even if you choose combat every time, at least you actually have that choice to make.

really, i think my issue is more with the settlement building system. it's kind of boring, but i can't convince myself to ignore it.

4. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Heh... I can understand that.

I didn't like it at first either but, it did grow on me. Not sure why... I'm not particularly creative with it. In fact I'm fairly certain I could've made a living building Soviet tenement housing at this point.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Haha I can relate to that as well... about the settlement building system. You could skip it if you want but you don't want to leave it totally unused.

And yeah, Fuds might be onto something with the combat too. That's why I stagnated with exploring in the end. You run into some new hostile creatures (mutants) which you can't beat until you're strong enough. Then you're at that point and encounter some stronger guys etc.
    Normally this doesn't bother me in a setting with a well thought out combat and upgrade system and enough alternatives, but in this game it kind of did. I grew a bit tired of it. Shame cause the setting and story seem still worthy :-D

I didn't know that! Yes that will be very different. Could be good. Could also ruin what i like about playing Fallout games. But not sure yet! We'll see

6. Asmodean

Not my vid ;) This is my fav map in Battlefront 2 :grinning: Mos Eisley spaceport!

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

None, but after posting about Nintendo Switch in another thread I'm sort of missing an old N64 and Super Mario games. Or Gamecube! :)

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, i'm not sure how it will work, but i'm definitely going to give it a try anyway.

my understanding is that the basic premise is that it's only 20 years or so after the war and the first vaults have just opened, so everyone you encounter is in the same boat as you: just out of the vault and exploring the world. sort of makes sense, but there should at least be some early stage ghouls out and about too if they want to keep it canon.

9. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

So... Anyone else been playing RDR2?
    Can't help but notice @Asmodean hasn't been around as much since it came out! :tearsofjoy:

Thoughts?

10. Asmodean

I'm taking my time for everything. But might get to chapter 3 this evening :grinning:

Still mainly positive thoughts about the game so far :)

11. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Yeah I definitely dig it.
    I fucked up pretty early on and ended up with a bounty of $155 on my head. A lot of animals had to give me their pelts to pay that off!
    Looking forward to the online aspect when it comes out.

12. Asmodean

Oh man, I save manually like after every 2 missions and also before a suspected critical point (like when I robbed the doctor in Valentine. I actually robbed him several times without going onwards with my game afterwards until I got maximum profit and minimal bounty on my head.. like also blow up the save and get out without even shooting at the law... and use your mask!).

Since the wanted system is pretty similar as in GTA5 and the first RDR I know having a big bounty on my head is not how i wanna keep playing in the beginning :p That being said, i like to see what happens too from time to time if you go a different route so I also had 200+ bounties on my head in more than one area. But yeah, all your money has to go there then or you keep being chased.. so I went on with a well timed savegame :)

13. Asmodean

First time i robbed the doctor i didn't do any of those things and it was obviously costing me at least $100 more than I 'earned' (or kept being wanted and hunted) :D

14. Asmodean

I felt a little misled about the words on the store though:

[​IMG]

:(

Irminsul likes this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Still the usual. Madden, iracing, post Scriptum.

16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

obviously i'm missing out on rdr2... and I miss Unreal Tournament 2003. :(

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm not sure about rd2 yet, my fear is if I start playing it I wont play madden anymore.

18. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Ha yeah I just recently did the mission freeing the guy from jail... Forgot to put the mask on so... Yeah now I have an 85$ bounty in that area. Bah. I'm a fool. So now I'm trying to steer clear of it until I can pay it off but there are other missions there! :confounded:
    No false advertising laws back then I guess. :tearsofjoy:

19. Asmodean

Ah yes, Micah. That's a real dumbass. Great mission :grinning: But my experience is that since you HAVE to shoot the lawmen there, and there are witnesses that spot you, you can't do much better than an 80 dollar bounty there.
    Happily $80 is pretty bearable at this point. I paid it off right away at the nearest train station. Tonight I'm gonna reach chapter 3, I'm sure of it! :-D

McFuddy likes this.
  20. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

So mind games count? Jk! ;)