What Games Are You Playing Right Now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Terrapin2190, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yeah sometimes you need to get the bad ending as well, just to get to know how the story finishes :p But I haven't heard that, that's unfortunate... I just think when you can get the whole thing for a few euros why not. It's a nice change in gameplay and the story seemed intriguing enough :)

I don't expect you to play Star wars Battlefront somehow, but my next online multiplayer will probably be Battlefield 1, which could be fun for you too I think! I would be honoured to repeatedly slay you on the battlefield there [​IMG]

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Did I ever tell about the time in call of duty where I shot my whole team up? :D

Well, of course I'm going to be the Germans. And so it was CoD2, on PC my favorite shooting game of all time and I never even single player I was all into the online capture the flag. All else was lame, capture the flag was the shit and so for years I'd always shoot the brits, yanks and rüss.

One day I joined a online "clan" of people and we were on the Carantan map and all was okay as normal and then half way of the match we switched side.

So, I happened to spawn at the rear of my platoon. And there I was with a whole platoon of filthy yanks in front of me. Fire the first time ever I was a yank also but it never clicked and so when the match started I mowed my whole team down thinking they were the enemy. I was so used to shooting at the Americans I just wiped my team out. :D

Then they all start yelling at me what am I doing. Blah blah. I thought it was hilarious though. :D

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Battlefield games a highly unrealistic. They look pretty, but I don't fancy having to hit someone in the head twice to knock them down. The damage models are absolutely pathetic. Well, in all the other games but I can see this one following suit.

I liked the WW2 shooters of decade ago where when you put a piece of lead in 'em they stay down. :)

I thinks too many butt hurt sore loser have a cry baby and so they make it harder these days to kill people. Run around empty a whole magazine into someone and they turn around and knife you in one hit.

That's sooo gay.

4. Asmodean

Yeah... I would like to check out all playable parties ;) If they suit me the most I will play as a german a lot too. And when I happen to be in a team I don't shoot them up. I really don't see the point in being an ass. I did got shot at repeatedly by a fellow team member, probably for sitting next to him in his fav sniper spot. He probably didn't like me being next to him, possibly giving away his cool spot to the enemy :p Ah well..

I like the pretty looks, it also adds to the realism imo. But yeah a headshot should be instant kill of course.

As I've heard they did a real good job making the first world war weapons act realistic too. Seems like the best WW game out there to me (certainly WW1 of course :D there are little of them. Also there's also a game called Verdun or something. Less prettier graphics, but a stronger focus on historic accuracy if I recall right)

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'd imagine the weapons to be quite inaccurate then?

Imagine a battle field Wild West. There'd be 10,0000 shot fired a Match and only 17 would hit and only injure. Lol. There'd be no deaths and probably a lassoo choke would be more powerful than a shotgun. :D and you could ride horse and trains and stage wagon coaches. Rofl.

And I didn't means to kill my team it was an accident just from my brain muscles seeing what had always been an enemy and me laying down on that left mouse key button.

6. Asmodean

Indeed, the timing could be a peculair thing. Just like with a lot of Battlefront weapons :p So I'm already used to timing my shots lately :D

I thought the fact that we can ride a horse in the desert in Battlefield 1 actually very appealing. It will probably be one of the first thing I try.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Battlefield Egypt

Ride chariots, throw spears! :D

One map: sand.

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

They had colts 160 years ago in the wild west. So there was some accuracy in gunfights then.

Egypt would be interesting but it is extremely difficult to make that time realistic and fun.

Best sword fighting game I have played yet was bushido blade. And most of the time a fight lasted 10 seconds.

9. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Now is a good time to get The Witcher 3, since The Complete Edition has been released. Just the expansions that are included are worth the price of a full AAA title. Some people even consider the Blood and Wine expansion to be better than the core game. The same can be said of Hearts of Stone. Combined, the expansions, alone, are upwards of 30 hours of great gameplay. Add that to the 200+ hours of the actual core game and anyone would be stupid for not getting The Complete Edition for only $50. It's not necessary to have played the first two Witcher games either, or read the books, as The Witcher 3 catches you up on all of the lore.

​As for Uncharted 1-4, I've played 2-4. I played the beginning of the first game, but I made the mistake of starting it a few months after playing the second one, but it just made me wanna play the second one again. lol So that's what I did. Sadly, I never finished the first one, and I didn't get very far into it either. I'm definitely getting the Nathan Drake Collection though, at some point. I can't NOT have all of those games. lol

I haven't played Rise of the Tomb Raider. I was torn between that and Uncharted 4. I chose Uncharted 4. Is Rise of the Tomb Raider better than its predecessor? I've heard a lot of different opinions, as to which is better.
    As for Assassin's Creed............I own The Ezio Collection, Black Flag, Unity, Syndicate, and Chronicles: China. I've played AC3 and Rogue, as well. I wish they'd release those two on current gen. The Ezio Collection is still my favorite, followed by a tie between Black Flag and AC3, then Rogue, Unity, Syndicate, and then Chronicles: China bringing up the rear. Personally, I prefer Unity over Syndicate. They both have great settings(and graphics, obviously), but Syndicate just doesn't feel like an AC game to me, for some reason(probably because of all the revolvers and other guns). Don't get me wrong, I still like Syndicate, but it feels too different than the rest of the series, imo.

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Gave AC a couple chances. Just not my thing.
    Love uncharted but it's starting to get repetitive. Same thing every time with a small difference in story.
    Only new tomb raider I played was the reboot. I liked it but by the time I got used to everything the game was over.
    Just too short but it was pretty good.
    I think my tastes in games have changed since the original tomb raiders. I don't know if I would like that style of game now...maybe so. Uncharted is kind of like that. I don't like the running back and forth to hit a lever though.

Good time waster back in the day but I don't need to waste time anymore. I just want to play through.

11. TopNotchStoner

I never play

AC definitely isn't for everyone. Which ones did you try though? Many AC fans HATE some of the games, but love others. If you haven't played AC4: Black Flag, you'd probably like that.

​I actually never played the older TR games, which may be why I like the reboot so much. I didn't find it short, at all, though.

12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

hated the combat of AC2 and black flag was the other one i played. i really have no complaints about that one except there was better games out when i got it and i never went back to it.
    the original tomb raiders were great games but if you cant find a lever you can run around for an hour just looking for a switch (this was before the internet walkthroughs) thats why i said they were time wasters and maybe in comparison thats why the reboot seemed short.

13. TopNotchStoner

I initially hated the combat in AC2, because I played newer AC games first(Unity was the first AC game I played, then Black Flag). After I got used to the combat in AC2 though, and actually got to the point where Ezio had actually received his training and could fight, I loved it. The combat in AC Brotherhood and AC Revelations is more refined. You can kill 10+ enemies within 5 seconds, because you can chain attacks. I'm not trying to convince you to play them, because, well, different tokes for different folks. I'm just explaining that the combat got better in Brotherhood and Revelations. Honestly, Unity has the most realistic combat. It's even difficult combat, whereas the combat in EVERY OTHER AC game is as easy as breathing. lol

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

No need to convince me. I will get back to black flag if I have a space of nothing to play. If not it will collect some dust on my shelf.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The colt would be the best weapon you could unlock and it would still be a 50/50 shot at the end of the day. :D

I heard CoD is going back to WW2. I'm happy with that. :) maybe a decent Vietnam version would be cool too. Battlefield Vietnam i remember having, but I don't think CoD could deliver a good NAM game with their small maps.

16. TopNotchStoner

I've never been into multiplayer, aside from the old school N64 splitscreen shit(Goldeneye and the like). Is BF1's single-player campaign worth buying it, even if I never use the multi-player?

17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Colt is only 50/50 if you Suck at using it.

18. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Fucking skyrim did it to me again. Everyone is attacking me. That would be fine except it makes missions impossible so it's basically just swinging an axe at townsfolk. That shit gets old quick.
    I think it all started when I joined the companions. I will try going back to before I joined them...if that fails so does this game.

1 person likes this.
  19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I came 3rd in my race, bit disappointing, 3rd is good anywhere but not Daytona. I won the last 3 years so can't win them all. Just you put so much effort practicing all week and to come up short, leaves an empty feeling.

Oh well I have 2020 NFL season to start. 2-0 so far. :)

20. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Found out it was because I became a vampire......too much goes into it. There are downloads and quick fixes. Bethesda fucked up big time with this feature, or lack thereof.