What Game Did You Last Purchase?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by audrey_the_endotherm, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Lady Shadow

Lady Shadow Art is But a Shadow of the Divine Perfection

Sims 3. Found the Life Fruit and the Money Tree, then got bored. Oh well.

2. James T

James T Members

WWE 2k19 and Dead By Daylight

3. candys

candys Visitor

I don't buy games, prefer to play online for free. I love gaming and often play easy light games at online kazino mostly to win some money. They help me to get rid of stress and kill time and I even won a few times.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Probably too broke to pay the phone bill now and can't answer. :tearsofjoy:

5. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

i don't buy games anymore. lol. so much free shit online and on mobile. especially with an android emulator and the Microsoft Store games.

6. Crab

Crab Members

just recently bought Anno 1800 PC, but finding it very complicated.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I rather buy games i love than play free games i like at best, but yeah I don't really like phone games in any way. Don't mind paying for a great game either

8. Asmodean

[​IMG]

And the beginning is good! :)

9. Asmodean

Bought two digital games: Jedi knight 2: Jedi outcast and A way out. The latter is a coop story focussed game. It's split screen wether you're playing coop online or sitting next to each other on the couch. Wanted to give this one a try for awhile and it was on sale :-D

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Cricket 19

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it's actually called that? like as in naming all the madden games "football" followed by the year? they didn't put much thought into that apparently.

or am i wrong and it's actually a game where you play as fishing bait?

12. Asmodean

Potentially an exciting action/adventure rpg.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's Cricket 19 lol.

So far the actual game play is fun and realistic but the commentary is beyond pathetic it's not uncommon to hear nothing for 5mins or more and they only have the same few lines.

2nd, it cost be the price of a full game, but it's not a full game. The lisencing problems meant they could only make 2 teams realistic and the rest were made up. They get around this by creating an in game downloaded where upon release they let you download the real teams and uniforms etc.

3rd the customisation is fantastic, ability to create teams, stadiums, rules, competitions, bat's Players etc but they leave this up to the community to make.

So basically I'm pissed off I spent full price on a game where I'm counting on other buyers to create the content for me. That's not worth full price and I will blast them about it when I review.

So to wrap it up, 1/5. Game play is realistic, but it's literally a bare game that you customise yourself and rely on the community to create the game for you. It's worth 1/3 of the price.

The realistic game play is good, you can't just go out and start flogging balls around you need to build your innings slowly.

It was also fun to bowl a good ball to a batsman and him miss the ball with his bat and then watch him reflect on that ball. You bowl him the same ball again and he plays it differently, this time he blocks it, stands back and thinks about it. Bowl him the same ball again until he is comfortable then bowl him the same ball but faster with a bit of leg spin and watch him read it wrong and get him out. That was my first wicket and it was satisfying to do that because that's what you do in real life. You have to set the batsman up to make a mistake and that's what I did and it was very realistic.

Also if a computer batsman is on the wicket with a tail ender, the better batsman is more likely to hit singles at the end of the over so that he remains on strike for the start of the next over, which is also something very realistic.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  14. Sims 4 on xbox one

15. Look it up in google. It's not what you think it is.

This is a game where you have two teams of 12 people.
    It is played with a cricket bat and a red or white hard cricket ball.
    it can be played with a tennis ball if you are on the beach or in the backyard.

It's fun because you get to hit the ball that is bowled to you at a high speed.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't really like the mechanics of the bowling and much prefer the cricket games of the early 2000s in this regard.

Another thing I don't like is im a Madden franchise player, so I have like 50 seasons to build a franchise. It seems in Cricket 19 I can't go "on Tour". Now in Shane Warne Cricket 99 I was able to play an entire season comprised of 2 years of tours around the world.

In this game I can select one tour. So right now I'm playing NZ in a test 3 game test match. But after it's over that's it. It doesn't amount to anything, I don't go on to the next team the "game" theoretically ends.

Now I can create my tours no problem, but it doesn't seem authentic to me. It just feel like playsyation days where you play a regular season and when it's done it's over.

Thankfully there's a lot of competitions to play, but more so in state to state and country zone competitions, not so much world cricket.

Like I said, I can create these real life scenarios, but I feel they should have been in the game to begin with.

If a developer doesn't actually have the lisence required to build a realistic game they just shouldn't bother with it.

/

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

now i'm curious what you think i think it is.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

19. I'm thinking you aren't into australian sports that much.
    You need to remember that Irm and myself are into all sorts of aussie and american sports.

I think you might be thinking of baseball - It's close because there is a bat and a ball involved. But no it's not that either.
    Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 3.21.05 pm.png

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm not, but i am aware of what cricket is. i don't really know the rules but i am aware that it is not baseball.

all i was commenting on in my original post was the bland video game title. usually game companies try to add some sort of celebrity name, or exciting action words, or something to grab attention with the title. but this one is just called "cricket," which is exactly what it is and nothing more.

SuzanneAU1977 likes this.