What Game Did You Last Purchase?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by audrey_the_endotherm, Sep 25, 2015.

1. MusicTaste

MusicTaste Members

F1 2018 for PS4

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

She gets dizzy watching me play games is the main problem. Madden or football is fine but games where I move around a lot, especially FPS man she spins out a bit. She also cannot watch any movie that's shot from a camcorder like.. Paranormal activity or something like that. She also can't read in a moving car without getting sick.

I still haven't played it, I wanted to tonight I still haven't played for 2 days and the xbox is still on because I couldn't save it. Funny you have to be in your own bed, I'm an outlaw.. I should sleep where I want hehe. :p I'll get some time in the morning i feel.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I know you can sleep in other beds later on! Like I said, could be a chapter 1 thing but not sure.
    And of course you can make your own camp so then you indeed can sleep anywhere you want in the wild. But yeah, if you break into a cabin or kill people at their camp you can often sleep in their bed. Never done it but i noticed you can.

I would advice not keeping your xbox on for 2 days in a row! You know where to save manually now, but the game also autosaves very regularly

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Are you a do gooder too? I killed that first guy in the barn, kept beating his face in until he died. Which was disappointing because I really wanted to strangle him lol. But he died after a good beating and then I took his horse. I don't like painted horses so I need another stallion.

5. Asmodean

Yeah, these things happen to me too but in general i aim to play honorful the first (and maybe only, therefor i do it at my leisure and with care and save often) playthrough. So I help people in random encounters and pay off my wanted bounties fairly quickly. That way I can deal with most townfolks, keep most options open and don't get chased by bounty hunters all the time (which is fun but doesn't stop and only ma k es your wanted level higher). Sometimes I save and see what happens if I go a completely other way about it. You kill all the lawmen and go on the run etc. Good stuff as well :) but didn't continue with it so far

6. Asmodean

I once was at a train station and my horse was between the people waiting on the train, I hit triangle button to mount it but, because of the camera angle i guess, I started strangling a lady. Instant wanted level at an unfortunate timing :p :(

Irminsul likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It all comes down to the rudeness of the people in games for me. See in Elder scrolls I find and I have read it's on purpose that the Nord characters which I like to use, nobody really likes them in Tamriel so most merchants etc. Are very rude to them.

Now if you're rude to me, I'm just gonna pick pocket you and most likely murder you in cold blood. :p it's not hard to be nice! Rudeness is a thing I cannot stand in real life or any situation. I'm never rude, I make an effort to not be rude even if I don't like somebody.

8. Asmodean

I usually can't help myself but play 'honorable' the first time I play a game when there's a clear choice (and I rarely play a whole storymode twice). But then I usually also make use of pickpocketing and a lot of stealth, if its well implemented in the game. So that as long as you do it well it doesn't affect your honor/reputation.

Choosing a class/race often depends on context (setting and story). In Morrowind I preferred imperial and dark elf. In Skyrim Nord.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Gotta be a nord always. :p
    Although I create male characters, I prefer to stick with what I know. And because of this, I probably limit my experience.

Also nords are hopeless at magic which is what I want to use but never can because they suck with it. They were better in skyrim that oblivion. They're the only two I have played though.

10. Asmodean

I only played Morrowind and Skyrim. Tried Daggerfall after Morrowind but it felt too old. Didn't appeal. Skipped Oblivion. Somehow I don't think I missed much, but massively enjoyed the 2 Elder scrolls games that I did play so who knows. Ah well, can't play everything!

Irminsul likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My first charter in oblivion I kinda got pretty far but then decided to restart and when I did I was just immediately like.. Shit.. I don't wanna do all that again and kinda gave up. I never got very far in skyrim either, though I became a vampire which I wanted but then, those dragons are very hard to kill as they breathe fire and I kind of gave up. I Dun wanna be menuing a healing potion every 3 seconds.

12. I just bought Final Fantasy XV. I'm not really a gamer. My friend bought me a TV, and I didn't want it to go to waste, so I bought an XBOX. The first game I bought was Battlefront, but it turned out it wasn't really a game so much. It has no plot. I suppose it's an online thing. I don't know what games to get. I want a racing game and a dog fight game (as in airplanes but preferably spaceships.)

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Hmm I bought a WW2 flight game, air aces or something but it was very ordinary.

Forza seems to be a popular console racing sim. You should just get a good PC and come race with me on the leader of sim racing, iRacing. Which actually might be coming to console but it'll be AI and pretty horrid in comparison.

14. Too late, already bought an XBox. Trying to sell it now is just too complicated for me. I'm too lazy.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I played a bit more. For some reason it seemed really laggy, but we managed to shoot up the driscolls and then I capture that guy running away. I felt sad I had to shoot the horse. I should have punched the guys after I tied him up I'm not sure if you can but he deserved it. :p I don't think he's going to be happy anyway. And in my next play sounds like I'm robbing a train. :)

Asmodean likes this.
  16. Asmodean

I don't see myself as a gamer neither :p I game occasionally. Although last 2 years it has increased a little, partly because I started playing online.

Check out reviews before you buy a $30+ game ;) I had a lot of fun with Star wars Battlefront, but I knew the focus of this game before i got it. Yes, it strongly focus on competitive online multiplay.
    I take it you tried that game mode in Battlefront and got disappointed? I can relate. The fighter squadron mode was ok but not great. I don't dare to recommend Battlefront 2 to you because its also mainly online multiplay, and the spaceship dogfighting is only one part of the game... but its a lot better than in Battlefront! And yes, there also really is plenty of solid dog fighting in space. Where as in Battlefront 1 it's mainly in the atmosphere.

17. I like dogfighting when you're in the cockpit, though, not when you can see the ship. I'm planning on getting a live membership, so it might not be a total waste.

18. Asmodean

That cockpit view is an option in both Battlefronts. But I don't find it practical. I'm suprisingly good in starfighter assault in Battlefront 2. Except when I have the view like that. I get the appeal though :)

19. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Destiny. I got it for my girlfriend for Christmas. I find it really boring because it has no real story or character development. I like my games to be like a movie or a good book.

Asmodean likes this.
  20. Asmodean

I'm pretty stoked. Looks like really my kind of game :)