What EXACTLY does PUTIN want?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GrayGuy57, Feb 7, 2023.

1. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

You might have a point, but, remember, in ANY country and under ANY political regieme, there will ALWAYS be those who are in total disagreement with their leaders and their government in general.....who knows just WHAT a group of disgruntled dissidents might be planning.

Of course, there is no way for us to tell......

:Live long and prosper"

2. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Oh yes. Security in the form of securely resting in their very own early graves, dead, after getting forcefully drafted and mobilized to serve as cannon fodder in a pointless war that wasn't theirs. No security like the comfortable security of your very own war grave, with six feet of comforting dirt + a simple, unmarked cross securely resting on top of you to bring you safety...

EXCLUSIVE: Escaping forced conscription in Russian-occupied Donetsk

Ukraine separatists draft anyone they can – DW – 04/27/2022

Tishomingo and GrayGuy57 like this.
  3. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

My nephew's wife was born and raised in Poland, not far from the Ukranian border; tens of thousands of refugees fled over the border, seeking safety and a chance to rebuild their shattered lives.

She still has her parents and other relatives living in the area.

My nephew told me that a Russian missile strike destroyed a convent, some months back; sadly several nuns lost their lives.

The remaining nuns made it to Poland, where they (along with a number of Polish nuns) began assisting the refugees who were in dire need of food, clothing, and medical supplies.

I made sure I donated as much as I could to at least TRY to assist them in their noble cause, and, perhaps, to help the saintly nuns themselves.

It is STILL almost impossible for me to fully contemplate, even a year into this totally-senseless war, how one demented and HIGHLY-disturbed MADMAN could inflict so much death and destruction upon one nation.

How this highly-disturbed, sickening man can sleep nights is TOTALLY beyond my scope of comprehension......

"Live long and prosper"

4. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

U.S-Nato and Russia-China blocs are human beings conditioned to identify with certain opposing groups and competing over world dominance, irresponsibly threatening to wipe each other off from the face of the earth with WMD. It is just modern tribalism with wmd substituting for spears and machetes.

Unfortunately a strong UN is also not at hand to regulate their immature activities.

It is very similar to two rough gangs fighting for control of a street with cowardly policemen looking the other way around.

The citizens of these countries posing as superpowers are also forced to bear heavy taxes to create and maintain the extensive military resources of these nations, at the expense of the development of the civil society.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    Piney and GrayGuy57 like this.
  5. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

Very in-depth and exhaustive page on NATO.......

NATO - Wikipedia

"Live long and prosper"

6. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

Just hoping that the Ukranian war will not continue for still more years, like Vietnam.....:(

"Live long and prosper"

7. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

"Man is a warlike creature who does battle to everything about him....even himself."

(Dr. Zaius, from "Planet Of The Apes"

"Live long and prosper"

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  8. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

9. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

10. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

I have doubt that it will. Most knowledgeable observers are now realizing that Ukraine won't be able to keep going much longer. It will have to negotiate a peace settlement that Russia can trust this time, or perish.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
    GrayGuy57 likes this.
  11. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

I have the feeling (sadly) you may be right.

The Ukraine is now little more than a vast, devastated, crumbling, desolate wasteland; cities and towns ravaged, infrastructure battered beyond belief, virtually all semblence of normalcy gone.

Acute shortages of food, water, and decent health care, lack of heat in so many areas, and a nearly-obliterated economy.....this, sadly, is the Ukraine of 2023.

Damn shame that Putin saw fit to kill and maim thousands by attacking a country that wanted nothing more than peace with its neighbors.

"BIG BULLY IS WATCHING YOU"

"Live long and prosper"

12. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

Yes - as long as it was permitted to continue murdering its Russian-speaking citizens with impunity.

GrayGuy57 likes this.
  13. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

The bombings and missile attacks have been hellish enough, but PLEASE, somebody, PLEASE tell me WHY so many victims were not only MURDERED....but TORTURED?

Look at how many hundreds of innocent children lost their lives, since the War began a year ago.

Not to mention all the churches, schools, and hospitals, which now lie in shattered ruins.

Hitler had no conscience when it came to the mass murders of innocent people; Putin, likewise, not only lacks a conscience, he also lacks decency, humility, and what was once referred to as "the milk of human kindness".

This scum-sucking bottom feeder is full of more venom pumping through his veins than a nest of spitting cobras..............

"Live long and prosper".

14. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

Just heard on World News Tonight (ABC) that Russia is (again) ramping up attacks, using missiles and drones to take out Ukraniam power stations and other electrical infrastructure.

Talk about a "war-weary" nation; how the Ukranians are managing to hold onto what little they still have is nothing short of miraculous.

Damn Putin 10,000,000 over......

"Live long and prosper"

15. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

The soviet–Afghan War went on from 1979 to 1989 (10 years), so not looking good considering putler's stubbornness. Though we have to factor in that russia's material and man power losses now already eclipse those from the soviet–Afghan War, after less than a year of fighting. They can't keep losing shit like this forever. And a reminder: even after fewer losses then, the soviet–Afghan War was enough to crumble the soviet union. What do you think is gonna happen after this war ends? Mm, mm, mm, not looking very good for russia...

And who exactly are these "knowledgeable observers", who completely missed the part where more and more western countries are now committing more and more weapons and material for the Ukrainians to fight with? It'll be interesting to see what the playing field will look like after the western tanks arrive.

Anyway, they shouldn't do this. Any treaties signed under russian terms and coercion will just mean further russian attacks later, when the russians in a typical russian fashion decide to wipe their ass cracks with said treaty. Like what happened in 2014 with the 1994 Budapest memorandum.

GrayGuy57 likes this.
  16. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

.........truly, a "Dusk Of The Gods" for the battle-scarred Ukranian people...."Live long and prosper"

17. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

In the classic 1936 HG Wells sci-fi drama "Things To Come", we see a world war breaking out during the Christmas season of 1940 (the film also eerily depicted the Blitz on London, in 1939, three years after it premiered)

The film is set in the fictitious "Everytown", clearly patterned after London.

We see modern civilization crumble and totally break down, as the War rages on for decades (accompanied by a worldwide plague)

The War rages on until 1970; by this time, this are virtually no longer any fighting machines, and what remains of once-powerful armies are now but weary, rag-tag men, brandishing long-outmoded weapons.

This is one of my all-time favorite classic films; it is still quite haunting today, and also, still speaks many volumes for today's viewers......

"Live long and prosper"

18. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

19. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

Right. They'll arrive. Really - they will.

And there's no way they'll be destroyed the way all of Ukraine's other tanks were. Not this time, no way.

All we need to do is keep breathing the hopium. Then victory will be ours.

GrayGuy57 likes this.
  20. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

ADDENDUM:

Ramzan Kadyrov, a key ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin, suggested Monday that Russia should “denazify and demilitarize” Poland next. “What if, after the successful completion of the NMD (annexation of Ukrane), Russia begins to denazify and demilitarize the next country? After all, after Ukraine, Poland is on the map! I will not hide that I personally have such an intention. I personally have such an intention, and I have repeatedly stated that the fight against Satanism should continue throughout Europe and, first of all, on the territory of Poland. The special [military] operation will be over before the end of this year. European countries will admit they have been wrong, the West will fall to its knees, and, as usual, European countries will have to cooperate with the Russian Federation in all spheres.”

Top Putin Ally Says He ‘Will Not Hide’ Intention to Invade Poland Anymore

Tishomingo and GrayGuy57 like this.