What EXACTLY does PUTIN want?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GrayGuy57, Feb 7, 2023.

1. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

Recall the moment in "Planet Of The Apes", when Cornelius is reading from the Sacred Scrolls:

"......beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's spawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport, or lust, or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to pocess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home, and yours.........he is the harbinger of death......."

Small wonder that this classic 1968 sci-fi hit was so "telling", and so ahead of its time.........

"Live long and prosper"

Toker likes this.
  2. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

Ponder this.......

Look at the monumental destruction in the wake of both the Civil War and World War 2.

Even when a war was fought for "freedom" and "the greater good", look at the staggering numbers of thousands.....many thousands......so many innocent people caught in the crosshairs.........that were killed or maimed.

Look at the vast field of destruction and desolation........the ruins, the wreckage, the starvation, and the collapse of the world as many knew it.

Here we are indeed talking of a "Gotterdammerung" (a Dusk Of The Gods")

Look at how far back wars go in the history of Mankind; why, they were fighting long before the birth of Christ!

Mankind, for all his great advances in technology and science, is, in all honesty, a weak and pitiful creature, prone to violence, destruction, and insensitivity towards his fellow Man.

Putin is indeed a "barbarian".....a murderous, sly, malicious, and conniving barbarian.......without any sort of compassion within his heart of stone......

"Live long and prosper"

3. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

Putin wants to achieve peace and security for Russian-speaking people in both Russia and Ukraine.

4. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

If "peace" and "security" are what Putin is trying to achieve, something is telling me (and the rest of the world) that he is certainly going about it in the wrong way.:(

Then again, there is NO telling exactly WHAT is transpiring in Putin's mind these days, besides senseless mass murders, torture, widespread destruction, and general chaos.

The War is now going on for a year now, and STILL not even the FAINTEST glimmer of hope at the end of the proverbial tunnel.....:(

"Live long and prosper"

5. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Total control. It's blatant megalomania.

"Megalomania is an obsession with power and wealth, and a passion for grand schemes." - wikipedia

It is associated with narcissistic personality disorders, grandiose delusions, and a desire for omnipotence.

He wants to be GOD of all living things.

GrayGuy57 likes this.
  6. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

Agreed 100%, my friend.

He indeed thinks he IS a GOD.....is all-mighty, all-powerful, incapable of making a mistake.

One of the most frightening things about Putin makes me think of Hitler; HOW can ANYONE become THAT seriously SCREWED UP in their mind?

Putin, IMHO, is the 21st century's equivalent of Hitler; TWO MADMEN....BOTH power-hungry dictators, both HIGHLY mentally disturbed.

It's truly beyond frightening.......and God help the Ukranian people........

"Live long and prosper"

7. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I believe it is a result of surrounding yourself with loyal followers who screen out anything that might disturb the mighty emperor as he ponders more evil deeds.

Repeated ad nauseum throughout history.

Humans never learn this lesson. Or can't remember it!

GrayGuy57 likes this.
  8. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

Putin, indeed, is perpetually followed by his loyal pack of, fawning, butt-kissing toadies, all further inflating his wildly egotistical persona.

They often say that "we learn from our mistakes".

Something is telling me, given the sad state of world affairs these days, that we STILL have yet to learn this simple, yet VERY profound, lesson.

I cannot recall the first time I ever saw Putin, but, I DO indeed remember, thinking to myself, that he had a sneaky, sly, cunning, untrustworthy, unsavory look to him....he just looked SINISTER......and DANGEROUS.

Putin could care less about how his own people are suffering due to sanctions; NOTHING matters to him....EXCEPT trying to TOTALLY destroy ALL of the Ukraine, and further feed his highly-warped image of himself as a super-god..........

"Live long and prosper"

~Zen~ likes this.
  9. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

They often say: 'The Devil walks among us."

Seeing Putin indeed drives this profound message home, indeed......

"Live long and prosper"

~Zen~ likes this.
  10. Josephinelcajon

Josephinelcajon Joseph

First, he is very much from the communist era and desires to see Russia return to its old ways. With that reclaiming lost Russian territory. The people in Ukraine are seen as defectors. (His way or the highway) Strategically having direct access to a southern port so close to the middle East and free if ice is an ermines benefit to Russia. Doing these things would be a BIG win to his continued power. This is now an indirect war between the west (mostly US) and Russia and China. Both will do a lot of talking but neither can afford to lose us economically. They are very upset at us and Bidens constant provoking them. Is what Russia doing to Ukraine right absolutely not! But WE are the reason so many are dead and so much devastation has occurred. Without our interference Ukraine would have fallen very quickly and far less death and destruction.

GrayGuy57 and ~Zen~ like this.
  11. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

Many today, especially those too young to remember the Cold War era of the 50's and 60's, do not know of how very real the threat of nuclear war was with Russia/Soviet Union/USSR, 60-70 years ago.

I was a grade school kid back then, and I still recall the air-raid sirens wailing during drills, the "duck-and-cover" exercises at school (like diving under our desks would protect us if a nuclear attack had really happened!), and the prominent orange and black "FALLOUT SHELTER" signs in bus stations, subways, schools, and department stores.

I remember hearing the word "Communist" as a boy, long before I knew what the word meant, and getting an uneasy feeling.

Communism, in fact, is all about ruthlessness, power, dictatorship, censorship, and a lust for world dominance that never seems to end.

Even in this "enlightened" day and age, I don't think that most Americans fully realize what "communism" truly entails.

Indeed, even here at home, we have been seeing shades of communism spri8ng up in recent years, and, this only further proves that NONE of us, as American citizens, should EVER take our many FREEDOMS for granted.

Of course, we, as Americans must realize that freedom is a TREMENDOUS privledge, and should ALWAYS be cherished and held dear.......

"Live long and prosper"

12. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

From George Orwell's "1984"........

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS SLAVERY

Let's substitute "2023" for "1984".

(BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!)*

*Think about it....with complex batteries of surveilence cameras virtually everywhere today, "Big Brother" is INDEED watching you (too, think of how your very privacy can be violated, by some other individual "capturing" videos of you on their phones.......scary.....).:(

*Live Long and Prosper)

13. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Bullshit. There's no peace and security now. Not with the way he's conducting business. russia must pull out immediately and unconditionally, and then there will be peace and security.

Wrong. Then putin would've simply moved on to the next country on his wish list. Nothing would've ever been enough, just like it was with Hitler in the 1930's. Eventually he would've attacked a NATO-member, and then, per article 5, you would've been directly involved in combat, as opposed to indirectly, which is the case now. Also, "far less death"? The massacred and murdered people in liberated cities like Bucha would like to have a word with you. The Ukrainians would've become the target of a nazi style industrial scale holocaust, had the country fallen. putin is out for blood, he wants a genocide. We're witnessing the absolute, blind hatred of one person towards an entire nation of people. This is no different than the persecution of jews during WWII. Only now the victim isn't defenseless.

Tyrsonswood, GrayGuy57 and Toker like this.
  14. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

Putin, simply stated, is as much of an insane, demented, evil, egotistical, blood-thirsty dictator as was Hitler.

The man clearly has SERIOUS mental issues.....he is a MANIAC.

WHY even wage a war......a TOTALLY SENSELESS war......with another country that was NOT invading HIS territory, a country that was doing Russia NO HARM?

How Putin can attend a church service in Moscow while knowing his evil minion forces have destroyed churches and other houses of worship, killed, maimed, and TORTURED thousands (INCLUDING children), and have caused so much starvation, devastation, death, and heartache, and STILL sleep at night?

The man is nothing more that SATAN in the guise of a human man.....nothing more......

"Live long and prosper"

15. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

......VERY difficult to think of Russia being the target of a dictator, but, recall Napoleon and his troops marching into Moscow and capturing the city, in the early 1800's (this was very vividly recreated in the classic Audrey Hepburn epic, "WAR AND PEACE", in which she played the lovely Natasha)

Hard to picture RUSSIA under attack from an ENEMY....in ANY century.......

"Live long and prosper"

16. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

One of the most dangerous (and despicable) men in modern times.........

Vladimir Putin - Wikipedia *

"Live long and prosper"

*(NOT at all surprising that he was once with the KGB)

17. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

To be perfectly honest, if I were to hear of a massive revolt in Russia, targeting Putin and his evil henchmen, I would not at all be surprised.

In fact, I'd say "About time".........

"Live long and prosper"

18. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

19. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

Putin is much too popular with the Russian people for that to happen.

20. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

There's far more security now for Russian-speaking people in Ukraine. The peace may not be as evident yet, but it's on its way.