What Exactly Did Bill Maher Do?

Discussion in 'People' started by Jimbee68, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I don't think that I entirely agree with cancel culture. I mean, I guess sometimes it's a good thing. Or inevitable in any event.

Some liberals believe Bill Maher should be canceled. Ignored at the very least. Possibly driven from public life altogether.

What exactly did he do? I watch his show Real Time sometimes. He doesn't seem that bad or controversial. He actually seems just liberal, like me, and probably many you. But I admit I am not aware of all he may have said or done.

Again, what'd he do :) ?

2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

More to the point who the hell is he ???

Echtwelniet and Captain Scarlet like this.
  3. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

In the USA, he is a comedian and political commentator. He hosted Politically Incorrect about 30 years ago, and came out with the anti religious movie Religioulous.

Certainly everyone in this country has heard of him. Are you from another country :) ? Or did I misunderstand? Is your question rhetorical :) ?

4. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, your assumption that this forum is restricted to US members only is incorrect, I happen to live in the uk, and there are members around the world.

Gramps69 and Captain Scarlet like this.
  5. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Bill Maher speaks his mind and manages to ruffle some feathers sometimes, but while I don't always agree with him, I find Real Time to be informative and entertaining. The discussions tend to go on too long and I wish they'd change the subject a couple more times per show, but I still like the show and have my DVR set to record it every week.

6. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

The "PC" culture in the US(interwebz/media/hollywood/ect).....................RL....is getting insane, no humour anymore :D

[​IMG]

Shame we(EU),seem to slowly move in the same direction(interwebz).............*sigh*

Mzzls

ps OT, i kinda know who Bill Maher is but dont care or watch him.