What does your username mean?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YouFreeMe, Dec 18, 2013.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Tumbling Dice is a Rolling Stones song that I am fond of. It was a toss-up between that and Street Fighting Man. [​IMG]

2. lode

lode Banned

I always liked Chun Li

3. walkoflife

walkoflife Some Assembly Required Super Moderator

Dire Straits song. Just so happened to be listening to it when I was looking for a 'hip happenin' home, and bazinga - walkoflife was born.

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Anakin was a nickname given to me by a good friend who is now dead. It somehow stuck even though I don't think I look like the Star Wars character. The unfocused came randomly from a computer. Anakain was already taken Xbox live and it suggested I be that. It fit too since I can have a short attention span and forget Bearnaise I am stoned.

6. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

well, mine came from being born in '78 and pretty much missed everything. came from me saying 'man, if I'd been born in '53, I've have been just old enough to enjoy the scene, get into protesting and civil disobedience, get laid, get stoned, but I would have been a minor for the protest and drug related charges, assuming I wound up busted at some point, and wouldn't have been old enough to get drafted.'

7. Born25YearsTooLate

8. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Mine is self explanatory. I’m left handed.

YogaBird likes this.
  9. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm a fan of the Highlander.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah but you would also be reaching that point in life now where your kids start exploring nursing home options and plotting which items they'll get when you die.

So look on the bright side :)

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

If you have an intrinsic feeling that you're born too late you most likely did not live right/ you're not living right

12. Born25YearsTooLate

I started my life as a 'stupid, good for nothing, useless boy' born to a histrionic with a martyr complex that had all the maternal instinct of a drunken stoat. I lived my life, until i was old enough to find other ways, on gubment cheese, beans and a sampler of at least 4 different flavors of abuse. I was hated because I wasn't the perfect little girl she wanted (who was actually my stillborn twin sister, which made me a murderer just by being born) to save her marriage to a man who'd already wanted to be so far away from her that he'd gotten a vasectomy 3 years prior. a man, who instead of having some sympathy that I had no choice in being born, told me at the age of 6 that the best thing I could do for the world would be to 'get the fuck out of it as quick as you can, it's your fault she cheated on me anyway. If you had any decency, you'd jump under the next bus you see and make sure it busts your head like a melon'

I had shit for friends, and being the only cracker in the neighborhood, I took what I could get, cause I got sick of getting my shit beat. so up til i got my ass out of high school - no.. I didn't 'live right' - I'd already had my ability to have children taken away from me by the time I was 13, I had an immune system that wanted to kill me (I wasn't supposed to live past 12) and when I got my ass out, my first thought was relief that I'd finally escaped, from what I could tell, was hell. everything from that point on has been my own mistake, but I was already wishing by that point.

so tell me, brother - how would /you/ live? I'd say a little wishing for a time completely different from the one you were born in, even if it had its own shittiness, would be worth it it, if only to feel like you had a place to belong, and people to belong /with/, instead of someone like you, coming up and judging me, telling me how I've 'lived my life wrong'. I've done the best I could with what i had, and I'm still doing the best I can with what I've got.

honestly and respectfully, I think you're full of shit - and I would appreciate either an apology, or for you to just not talk to me anymore. I got out of the cult of southern fire and brimstone christianity because I couldn't stand being judged by people who thought they were better than you, and if I'm not going to bend a knee to a judgemental representation of a deity, I'm damn sure not going to accept any kind of character judgement from a mortal, no matter who he thinks he is.

you've no right, and if you're simply not capable of apologizing, that's fine, the block button works on this end too. I would frankly prefer the apology, though, so that we can handle this civilly. You know.. like adults who've lived right.

13. Born25YearsTooLate

at least then I'd have been able to /have/ kids.

14. quark

quark Parts Unknown

I meant to put "quack".

15. Born25YearsTooLate

but this means you're either a subatomic/elementary particle with a partial electric charge, or a tasty kind of cheese... so either way, pretty awesome.

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

shit, i guess i need to start planning my parents' deaths.

17. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Dare I ask what you thought it referred to?

18. Born25YearsTooLate

an act of the sexual type. like a mustache ride, but a bit further north.

19. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I thought maybe was this guy.
    0379b23e9845c9c652488c13f7bb557fc62a3642.jpg

Irminsul likes this.
  20. Born25YearsTooLate

oh right, forgot about him and all. but if we've got ferengi hanging about, I think we might have problems.

McFuddy likes this.