What does the US do with the other half?

Discussion in 'Democracy' started by Balbus, Nov 16, 2020.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

McConnell can only do that if he has the majority in the Senate.

The Georgia Senate election runoff is the key...........we'll see

2. erofant

erofant Members

I've said for a few years now that this country is OVER. Another civil war is on the horizon, - Putin and Xi must be shooting off in their pants over this disintegration. We'll destroy ourselves without the commies even firing a shot. The sad part is ............ this is because of too many IDIOTIC, STUPID, BRAIN-DEAD,UNEDUCATED, GULLIBLE, MORONS & DOLTS who suck down every stark-raving-mad utterance from shock-jocks who make gobs of money by stirring the pot of anger to those who the economy has left behind.

For any student of world history - this is the VERY SAME TACTIC used by Hitler & Mussolini back in the 1930's to deceive and enrage their respective populations. I'm NOT sucking this out of my thumb ........... try researching those facts & see for yourself. Deceptive propaganda fed by the shovelful to masses of people who feel left out / left behind ............. works. History is repeating itself right here in the U.S. right now.

snowtiggernd and scratcho like this.
  3. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Back in the day, if someone told you that a dead man made voting machines or that vaccines have itty-bitty GPS tracking devices in them, you'd call them floridly psychotic. Today we call them Republican. How do you constructively engage with an entire population that's collectively gone that far down the rabbit hole (especially when 1/3rd of them are contemplating killing you)?

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah... I still do.

5. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Dr. Frankenstein (Dat's Frank un Steen!), eat your heart out!
    The post-Mitch McConnell GOP is going to be a carnival of madness
    Ogden on Politics: Trump is the Republicans' Frankenstein's Monster
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    scratcho and hotwater like this.
  6. erofant

erofant Members

The reason I said this country is over (post # 82 above) is this ..........

The REPUBLICAN PARTY has hitched it's wagon to Trump. Trump has been a spotlight-craving narcissist all his life - way before politics. He isn't going to go away quietly, and he'll try to undermine & subvert Biden ........... or anyone else really that would beat him ........... because he just can't comprehend losing. The one word he uses to denigrate anyone he doesn't like is "loser." Now he's the loser. So Trump will do anything to stay in the spotlight and the public eye - even though he lost the election. Soooo many people have sucked down the Trump poisonous Kool-Ade, and are sooooo far down the looney rabbit-hole, that doubts about the U.S. election processes going forward will persist. No matter WHAT LEVEL or WHERE the election is - claims of fraud, conspiracy, and cheating will plague the U.S for the foreseeable future. This is a direct result of Trump's lies and THE REPUBLICAN PARTY'S backing what Trump says, enabling him to sucker-in the gullible and under-educated people who cling to every word he says. Violence is already happening in the U.S - and going forward - I think it will only get worse as "Trumpers" and groups of that mindset will become even more desperate. They'll refuse to believe ANY election outcome - - unless it's an outcome they want. Any outcome other than their preferred one will result in violence. Just watch. Shootings and death threats are already happening. And Trump will be the lying catalyst - pouring gas on any flames he can find to stir up more anger. Trump needs to be in the spotlight ........ period.

I hope I'm wrong .......... but I can't see Trump going quietly.

I have relatives & friends who believe he's the "savior" of the U.S. But those same relatives and friends don't even understand the Constitution, our 3 branches of government, (and can't name them) or even that each state has it's own legislature (which are separate bodies from the Congress in Washington D.C.) Many of the people I'm referring to couldn't pass a 6th grade civics exam. High-school educated (?) only. (Many in the "school is stupid" crowd). So without ACCURATE information and education .............. they have no "knowledge ammunition" to even question what a politician says. So Trump is "god" to them, because their lives have been largely miserable, the well-paying economy has by-passed them, they're frustrated, angry ............ and desperate. So - like Hitler and Mussolini - Trump spews "simple solutions" to their very complex problems. It sounds sooo good, sooo easy & simple ........ those same undereducated masses bite on what Trump - and his REPUBLICAN ENABLERS - say. "Someone" must be at fault ........... "someone" must be blamed. So out come the vitriolic accusations, the lies, the hyperbolic statements. And the crowds get angrier & angrier. Sound familiar??? Armed Trump supporters storming state-houses and private homes of election officials???? A Trump-supporting kid in Minnesota shoots protesters (peaceful protesting is LEGAL by our Constitution). Death threats by Trump supporters all around the country ............. shades of early Nazi Germany ......... only right here in the U.S.A. ( for the truly unknowing - - - look up & research which groups are toting guns and making death threats to many elected officials ).

And all this from one man's cosmic-sized ego ..................... Trump. (also a mirror of Hitler's and Mussolini's out-sized ego's) World history - going back thousands of years - tends to repeat itself. Remember that.

If one reads back into world history, this type of scenario with angry, desperate, "left behind" masses - is exactly what Hitler & Mussolini (the most well-known / infamous - as well as others throughout history) took advantage of. They used the anger and desperation of masses of people to stir the poisonous pot of fascism. (If you look at how some people use / misuse the word "fascism" to describe what is clearly NOT fascism - that tells you all you need to know about their education levels!!) Trump even said publicly that he "admires" the "strong leadership styles" of Putin, Xi Jinping, and Kim Jung Un. They are ALL autocratic, authoritarian dictatorships. Is that what the American people want ....... instead of democracy??????????

Because of these types of developments here in the U.S. .............. I believe we're in the gravest danger of losing our democracy and the U.S - as we've known it - will cease to exist. Too many idiots voting who don't know history, civics, or from which direction the sun comes up in the morning.

Putin and Xi probably have face cramps from smiling 24-7.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    snowtiggernd, Tishomingo and scratcho like this.
  7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Great post!. Never mind the Dude--dummies seemingly will abide.

8. Tyrsonswood

and then, there's this...

Nice devout christian, this guy....

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

American Christiabs prefer the old testament god who takes revenge not his son.

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

erofant and Tyrsonswood like this.
  12. Tyrsonswood

Hate to say it, but some people are going to get shot...

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

14. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Nein, ist verboten.
    Where's Dax, the linguist?

15. Eleven

Eleven Member

Our side (progressives, freethinkers) need to have children. Or more of them. Demographically, the present situation makes sense. Patriarchal religions are masters at keeping women pregnant and brainwashing the children (look at their 100+ year old crusade to privatize public education and force taxpayers to support religiously run K-12 schools.) In self-defeating fashion, our side does things to reduce it's own numbers, as if we are clueless to the biological imperative.

And it is an imperative.

Not that ALL persons should reproduce.

Demographers have a saying: birth delayed is birth denied. Well, higher education, even vocational school, delays childbearing. So does waiting for economic stability when you live in a global economy and a society dominated by business people who just want docile, manipulable, cheap labor.

Also, I've heard it said that intelligence is self-limiting. Because smart people know what a chore it is to raise kids and support them. May opt out.

16. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I think that a lot of people opt out for other reasons.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the concomitant Anthropocene Mass Extinction Event, overexploitation of resources and overpopulation will certainly result in the very near future in a Malthusian Check to the human population beyond most human comprehension, perhaps even extinction as a species. Considering how catastrophically and irreparably we have betrayed our children and all future generations, I personally cannot imagine a rational argument for bringing one more into this world.
    Also, it's worth considering what we've done with the children already in our care:
    1.6 million children in America are homeless.
    400,540 American children are in foster care.
    16.4 million American children live in poverty; one in five.
    16 million American children struggle with hunger; one in five.
    Every year, 3.8 million American children are victims of child abuse. 1,640 are killed.
    Every year, 10,000 American children are shot.
    2,600 of them are killed.
    Globally, a child dies every ten seconds from hunger or preventable disease, while eight individuals hoard more wealth than 4 billion people.
    Over 90% of the casualties of modern warfare are civilian. During the last ten years, 2 million children have been killed, 4-5 million children disabled, 12 million children left homeless, more than one million children orphaned, and 10 million children psychologically traumatized.
    If you want to have a positive effect on a child's life, try to do something to try and mitigate the suffering of those already here.

scratcho likes this.
  17. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The making of huge amounts of filthy lucre by hook or by crook is much more important than a bunch of snot nose kids. BUY MORE. BUY MORE NOW.

18. erofant

erofant Members

This is EXACTLY what I'm referring to in post #86 !!! Evil knows no time span or limit. What was evil centuries ago, 100 years ago, 87 years ago and sadly - yet today ........... is STILL EVIL.

Trump has capitalized on the ignorance, and lack of education, of millions of his faithful LEMMINGS. Dictators, autocrats, tyrants, fascists ........... have all had ignorant, poorly-educated masses to lure into their self-serving traps. The "school is stupid" crowd. The "why do I need to learn all this stuff for? I'll never use it and it's a waste of time" crowd.

I've actually had a good friend (a "Christian" to boot!) ask me if I thought the Holocaust actually, really happened !!!!!!! I guess pictorial and film evidence from U.S. soldiers who were there isn't enough for him.

This is the result of LACK - - OF - - EDUCATION. For people like Trump (Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, and many other autocratic tyrants), lying to - and convincing - the unknowing and gullible people is like shooting a deer locked in a cage. Easy-peasy. (the cage being .......... their ignorance of facts).

"Our best tool is an ill-informed electorate." - Adolf Hitler

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  19. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

"I love the uneducated!" - Donald Trump

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

How dare you, I'm smarter than Trump will ever live to be.

[​IMG]