What does a Conservative think?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jekyll_PHD, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

If someone is "fired for being gay" then they can sue and make a lot of money. I have never heard of anyone being fired for being gay in this day in age.

Sure, there have been a few rare and isolated instances of people allegedly being killed for being gay, but that does not reflect upon most people. You could say people have also been killed for being fat, ugly, looking at somebody the wrong way, saying the wrong thing, whatever... Psychopaths will find whatever reason they can to kill somebody, they don't necessarily have to be gay.

2. Dave_techie

Dave_techie I call Sheniangans

marriage isn't at present a right

nor is adoption.

if you could find both, or either, in the constitution, please tell me, until then, you are wrong.

and, moreover CALLING it marriage (many states have offered civil unions, and been criticized by gay right activists saying it's not far enough) is absolutely a privilege

do I think that gay couples should be recognized? yes, do I think it should be called marriage? I think that's up to clergy.

do I think your argument is wrong, because it is factually erred. Absolutely.

3. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Werd up.

I see the OP got banned.

maybe he should have been more conservative.

4. Hiptastic

Hiptastic Unhedged

Homophobia exists in the workplace, I am sorry if that fact is inconvenient.

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

As long as that is not detrimental to the community that person lives in, (eg speculating to the extent that they need bailing out).

LOL and how do you enforce that for example someone sells a mortgage to someone they know can’t actually keep up the payments pockets their commission and moves on (nothing illegal has been done). Are you saying that the agent should be punished the commission taken off them and how do you prove that malicious intent was intended.

What rights, what infringements?

Things are so often connected these days that a decision made by one individual in one place can and have dramatic implications for another, although they live hundreds of miles apart and have never met.

What infrastructure, what level of functionality?

I mean there are those that think a good welfare system and national health service are an essential to any society’s infrastructure and functionality and there are others that say they are not.

Sorry as the tenets of a belief system they seem rather simplistic and disingenuously vague.

6. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

How is he supposed to respond to you if he is BANNED?

7. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

why was he banned?

8. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

probably for asking why someone was banned in a thread. read the guidelines.

9. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

/\ smart ass.................

:lurk5:

10. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

Its what conservatives do and would like to do that really worries allot of people. The tidal wave of propaganda that conservative spokesman & think tanks pump daily into the public sphere is of little interest. After all the hypocrisy of so many of these people boggles the mind. The fact that they have been able to get away with this in societies with a nominally free press for so long is a disgrace.

11. rushn

rushn Member

Conservative == individual responsibility.

You shouldn't drive drunk and kill people. If you ride a bike, you should wear a helmet. If you like freedom, you should protect it.

Oh, conservatism is sooooo evil.

12. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i think it's really funny that people ONLY see the propaganda of the opposing side.

13. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

Yes, your right its propaganda and very well funded propaganda.

14. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

A Conservative thinks what other Conservatives think.

15. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

Just visit the Dr Strangelove foundation otherwise know in the public realm as the heritage foundation.

16. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

The Heritage Foundation are neocons posing as traditional conservatives. Nothing conservative about them at all. As a matter of fact, their background is actually neo-Marxist.

This following passage is taken from the book of a former high-ranking British intelligence officer, Dr. John Coleman:

To quote Vickers Hall in a speech he made (this is especially interesting as it dovetails with what is going on right now...)​

17. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Everything evil is neo-Marxist.

Brought to you by the Gospel of Pressed_Rat.

18. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

Well yes many of the Neo Cons had originated from the left and being pragmatic opportunist political revolutionaries would have felt no compulsion in turning coat, so to speak. Things like this happen all the time in all vigorous political gardens which attract all types from true believes to Neo Cons, charlatans, hucksters and out and out criminals. After all there's allot of tax dollars bobbing about and allot of rules to be made and unmade. That's why its so important for the middle class, petty bourgeoisie and labor to get more involved politically not only to narrowly protect there interests but to get out so to speak the garden shears or chain saw and cull some of the weeds from the political garden.

I do not think that there could be a totalitarian solution for anything, even for the corrupt and ruthless political revolutionary. Past totalitarian regimes just did not work due in part I think to the fact that the totalitarian political nexas of fear and terror just ends up destroying all human relationships whether they be social, economic, or political. The final stages of social brackdown then seem to be played out in mass murder as in Germany or the hole thing just collapses under the weight of its own inertia as in the former USSR.

19. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Well now that Rush is official the spokesman for the GOP leadership, I don't think the free world has much to fear. Just think about it a Limbaugh/Palin ticket. I am sure Lieberman would come do an opening speech at the convention to illustrate how bi-partisan they have become.