what do you want to do before you die?

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Megara, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Megara

Megara Banned

saw this on another forum and i thought it was pretty cool.

1) write a book just like everyone else
    2) travel to as many countries as possible, but definitely south africa, russia, and antarctica(does this count as a country?)
    3) skydive/bungee jump
    4) learn german
    5) learn to sail

hrmm, thats all i can think of off the top of my head.

2. Alltaken

Alltaken Member

ooOoooo simple ones for me

1) find a girl whom i really love, and marry her
    2) have some kids
    3) have a nice job in my choosen field of design, hopefully in the movie industry
    4) grow old

sure i wouldn't mind doing some exciting stuff, but they are along the way as bonus'.

Doug

3. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

argh - so much. I want to
    *fall in love, and live a bit more.

*travel everywhere - especially Ireland, the whole of Europe, a road trip across America...

*actually, to have a working holiday in the UK, hopefully Ireland and/or do a semester of my degree there

* Get my degree, hopefully extend it to a masters

* Become a really good, respected journalist, maybe one day an editor. I want to be a success; i'm not sure about the field though. Journalism looks good, as does advertising. Film and TV would be great too.

* Find a nice guy (that i adore) to marry and be happy with for the rest of my life (ah, so unoriginal, but what the hell)

*Settle down in Nelson with an old rambling wooden house that's grey and white and covered with roses, with a huge garden (including a vegetable garden) and a sea view.

*Have some kiddies, or adopt them.

*die old and happy, able to look back and have wonderful memories.

ahhh...cheese it up. goody.

4. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

I'm a simple person. All i really want is to see Dave Matthews Band do an Australian tour before i kick the bucket.... I'm pretty content with everything else!

5. Alltaken

Alltaken Member

well first off i am gonna do a road trip around the US, like a proper "drive it yourself" road trip. with my sister probably. but that is after we sail around some pacific island somewhere, and after we go to china. (we have already done the whole of AUS, and the entire South Island, so i have no doutb we will do the rest)

and i guess i will be your neighbour in nelson. all i want is a nice portch to sit on and enjoy stuff. HATE the city.

anyway have fun with your dreams they are awsome

6. Megara

Megara Banned

roadtrip around the US would be cool as long as you go around the border of the seas/canada and mexico and not the middle...its boring there! There is so much of the US i havent seen and want to see...

whats nelson? a coastal city?

and yeah, finding a nice girl and a nice house on the lake go without saying, hehe

7. veinglory

veinglory Member

1) I have written a book. But I want to write another one that a traditional publisher will publish
    2) Having lived in the US, Canda and scotland all I want to do is move home to New Zealand, so I need a job there.
    3) Go blackwater rafting in a glow worm cave -- I am not into the really adventurous stuff, but this looks cool. Albino eels, cave wetas, etc.
    4) learn Maori
    5) learn to horse ride.

8. Megara

Megara Banned

is there a difference between blackwater rafting and whitewater rafting?

9. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

ahah, yeah, go nelson ( top of the south Island, very pretty, laid back styles. It has gorgeous beaches, some great tramping places nearby and is just an awesome place with great weather- it's at the top of the South Island and is quite sunny. Go here for more (mega cheese, touristy) info if ya want it)

iI also really want to learn Maori...it's very beautiful.

And as for roading around the USA - the middle bits might be dull, but they are sooo different from here - being far from the sea would just be crazy. I ant to go just to see the diffrerence.
    I also am dying to go to Italy, Greece and Spain....ahhh the architecture :)

10. Megara

Megara Banned

yeah there are a lot of people in the US who havent seen the ocean ever...i loved italy and greece.want to see spain sometime

nelson looks really nice...the ocean looks spectacular down there :)

11. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

yeah, it's just a really nice city too - nearly all the shops in the main district have hanging baskets of flowers, there is a lot of sun - it's just nice . My friend from there is ever so Nelson proud, and I give him heaps of shit, but I do love the place. It will be a toss up between settling there or Welly I think, and i definitly want to retire there.

12. Taylor

Taylor Repatriated

Before I die....

1) see equal rights given to every minority in the world - goodbye discrimination

2) see peace in the middle east with a palestinian state and a jewish one

3) see all my friends happy and well adjusted

4) Find my "one". Whoever it may be.

5) have a family.

6) try spam... whats up with that stuff? Where does the word even come from?

7) own all of the albums that I want to own - pink floyd, the beatles, the who etc etc etc

8) not have to worry about money

9) own my own little cottage somewhere in rural new zealand that is my own hideyhole that few people know about

10) learn to drive

11) Learn EVERYTHING there is to know (i've got some simple goals, huh?)

12) figure out if I really do want to write a book

13) get to the bottom of that whole gender weird thing

14) Score caleb. Muwahaha... hot boy.

13. WalrusKeeper

WalrusKeeper Member

• Find a man worth my time
    • Undo any wrongs that I've done
    • Have a garden
    • Become more stable
    • Laugh a lot more
    :)

14. veinglory

veinglory Member

Blackwater rafting is done in caves.

15. Taylor

Taylor Repatriated

I thought it was just taht blackwater rafting was calmer water - ie not white like it is in rough rivers.

16. Megara

Megara Banned

if it is done in caves, that sounds awesome

17. Alltaken

Alltaken Member

well it is calmer, but its also in caves :D

black water rafting for obvious reasons is calmer because if you can't see anything rapids are a bit dangerous. but the definaition requirs it to be in caves.

its done with inner tubes rather than a raft, because inner tubes can fit in a lot of the caves whereas rafts are to big. and its normally a bit of a glow-worm relax, sit on your bum type deal. (of course its more exciting than that, but to my knowledge its not that deadly (well not in the same way)

Doug

18. starlet

starlet Member

1) have more children

2) become more aware of the problems in the world and do what i can to help ease those problems

3) find true happiness and wellbeing

4) own my own home and provide a comfortable environment for my family

5) start and finsh and pass a bachelor of midwifery

6) bring life into the world (as in i want to be an independant midwife and deliver a baby)

19. WalrusKeeper

WalrusKeeper Member

• The same thing we do every night Pinky... ...TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

20. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

a great cartoon - pinky is the shizzle, ma mizzle