What Do You Usually Eat For Breakfast?

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by Ashalicious, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Kellogs Protein Cereal in plain Greek yogurt with a little honey stirred in.

2. MrChuffy

MrChuffy Members

Well I try to vary it so I don't get bored....I normally got 3 cereals open and on the go and have a different one each day...mind it it still gets boring....Weetabix or Oatibix with skimmed milk and some fruit...or I'll have some microwave porridge with some fruit....or maybe some All Bran and fruit....Sometimes I will just have some fruit if i aint feeling that hungry....or If i'm on a session or on holiday I'll just have some beer :bandana:

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I eat a piece of fruit and a granola bar with a bottle of water. Oh yeah, and two cups of coffee.

4. audrey_the_endotherm

audrey_the_endotherm Members

Coffee and a banana, the odd time I will cut up a cantalope or something similar. I can not eat too much in the AM or I will feel sick.

5. Backchat

Backchat Supporter HipForums Supporter

I have a mixture of cornflakes and muesli, with the cornflakes sitting on top of the muesli in a plastic bowl, I don't have too much muesli though because it's very dense. I pour just enough milk on so that it pools just over the cornflakes, this way I know there is enough milk in the mixture. I use a plastic bowl because I find it makes it taste better for some unknown reason. I've tried my breakfast combination in a porcelain bowl and it doesn't taste as good. I find this breakfast combination satisfying and filling and it has plenty of vitamins to. No sugar added because I stay well away from adding sugar.

Forgot the mug of tea without sugar, that's very important.

6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

A Bowl Of Sultana Bran With Chopped Up Fruit And A Glass Of Juice.... :chef: .

At This Time, Typing With One Hand And Eating Brekkie With The Other.

Cheers Glen.

7. Metal Groomp

Metal Groomp Members

Some bowls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and bagels with cream cheese. Sometimes I'll have bacon, eggs and toast when I'm up super early.

8. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I am not hungry upon waking, I'll typically sip a few cups of coffee, rarely eating before noon.

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I think if more people did this they would be a lot healthier. Popular wisdom has it that you must eat first thing in the morning, which turns out to be a load of crap. There are so many health benefits to pushing back your first meal of the day. I pretty much always hold off eating about 3-4 hours after waking up.

10. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I've always been skeptical of the "most important meal of the day" slogan. I've heard some mixed evidence, but most people seem to overwhelmingly support the fact that breakfast is essential to good health. I've never regularly eaten breakfast in my life.

11. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't think eating breakfast would be so bad if people made better choices as far as what they eat. They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, yet most people eat the worst crap for this supposedly "most important" meal. The typical breakfast consists of heavily refined carb-heavy foods like bagels, cereal, toast, donuts, etc. These are the absolute worst foods to be eating first thing in the morning, because it creates a blood sugar spike that causes you to feel weak and sluggish a few hours later, which often causes people to make bad food choices for the rest of the day. These blood sugar spikes and drops also create an inflammatory response in the body. Also, cortisol levels are highest upon waking, and cortisol leads to the storage of fat when coupled with elevated insulin levels.

12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Interesting about the cortisol levels, never considered that. It's hard to argue the bit about people eating unhealthy breakfast food, but that trend hardly stops about breakfast.

13. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

See, I tried this method, and I actually gained weight.

Now, I eat one soft fried egg and a piece of plain toast for breakfast.

1 person likes this.
  14. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Usually 2 scrambled eggs and baked ham or turkey bacon, or an omelet with ham, onions, and green pepper (no cheese), with coffee. Once a month, if I've hit all my health-related target numbers, I'll reward myself one morning with some fried potatoes and onions, just like my grandma used to make.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm clearly less functional/productive without any breakfast. On the other hand I don't eat rubbish at the beginning of the day. Except if people consider a good piece of bread as such :p

16. Backchat

Sounds like lunch time to me.

17. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Who has time to cook that stuff for lunch? Today I'll likely spend my lunch hour online. I may or may not eat a pack of Lance crackers while I websurf, or maybe half a pack, and have the other half later on. Anything like that made with peanut butter makes me feel like I've eaten more than I really have, and total calories are under 200.

1 person likes this.
  18. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Take a piece of French bread about an inch thick, cut it almost in half again, stuff it with strawberry jam, batter it on both sides with egg and a little cinnamon, fry till golden, top with a little powdered sugar or syrup.....That's when I cook.

Bagel and cream cheese....or English muffin and cream cheese with strawberry jam.

When the wife cooks, it's biscuits and gravy, or Huevos Rancheros.

And always six cups of Colombian coffee....with milk and Splenda..

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Strawberry jam on itself already has so much sugar in it. I do indulge in it sometimes as well (hmm bread with butter and jam) but I never buy it myself :D

20. Backchat

Well if this is your breakfast I dread to think what's for dinner then. :)