What Do You Usually Eat For Breakfast?

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by Ashalicious, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Elevenses?? I've never heard this term before. Is it a British term?

2. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

Hashbrowns are a groundbreaking breakfast addition. They will blow - your - MIND.

3. katkin

katkin Member

Hee, I think it might be! It's just by the time I get hungry it's too early for lunch and too late for breakfast. I love bagels and soft cheese but haven't had one in ages. Hash browns sound pretty amazing, will have to give them a try one day.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Breakfast for me is at night since I work the night shift and must sleep during the day. I generally hold off eating for several hours. When I first wake up, all I have is some ACV in water with Himalayan pink salt, followed by two or three cups of black coffee -- the first cup has a spoonful of coconut oil added to it. So I usually eat about 3-4 hours after I wake up, and my first actual meal is often a protein shake and an avocado, or can of sardines in extra virgin olive oil.

I generally think breakfast should be high in fat and protein and low in carbs. Most people make the worst breakfast choices. In the rare instance I do eat an actual breakfast, it's bacon and eggs for me, sans toast. Bagels, muffins and donuts are some of the WORST things you can eat for breakfast, since they cause you to store fat when you want to be burning it.

I am also a pretty big proponent of intermittent fasting, and believe there are actually benefits to skipping breakfast once in a while.

5. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Coffee and vegemite toast usually. Today I cooked myself bacon and eggs.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

usually just some sort of breakfast bar. i'm usually not hungry when i wake up, and my work schedule has me getting up about 2 hours before lunchtime anyway, so i just eat enough to tide me over until then. on the rare occasions that i do have to get up early, i usually either just double or triple up my usual breakfast bar serving, or stop and get a couple egg mcmuffins.

8. eliza smith

eliza smith Members

Hii,
    I start my day with a cup of tea at 6 am. By 8 am I used to have fruit juice along with any one of the items like eggs, toast, soaked gram, etc.
    Breakfast have a profound effect on the body.

9. PeatBog

PeatBog Member

I often start the day with an ice cream bar. Mmm. Then maybe some snacks. I don't usually have a meal until lunch.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

My breakfast consists of a piece of bread (or more) with butter and cheese, meat or honey on it. And usually 2 mugs of coffee.

11. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

Sugar Frosted Flakes and coffee

12. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I get a giant buffet style breakfast every morning cooked by an amazing chef! My favourite things that she makes are canele, but this morning there was lemon souffle. The things that are there every morning that I eat daily are a cheese plate, crackers, fruit plate and potatoes, normally scalloped. There's usually either a galette or a quiche too, and about 5 or 6 other amazing dishes that change daily. It's the most fattening breakfast known to man but we all work super hard and don't eat lunch so it evens itself out.

When I'm back home in the winter I'll probably just have toast or eggs every morning though.

1 person likes this.
  13. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I LOVE scallop potatoes. Oh man, do I ever love them. I treat myself to scallop potatoes once or twice in the fall, but not very often.

1 person likes this.
  14. Desera_xoxo

Desera_xoxo Members

Always a cup of coffee, but I juice every morning :)

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Hey Matte, what kind of work do you have if I may ask?

16. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I work at a b&b/vineyard.

2 people like this.
  17. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

I love leftovers for breakfast. I get sick of bacon and eggs and toast all the time. Cereal or oatmeal (or anything sweet, really) are completely unsatisfying to me. Except recently, I've been on a Chobani flips kick, but like you, OP, I get bored easily, so it's probably only temporary.

Eggs are welcome any time of day, though. I will always make room for an egg or two, in any incarnation. Boiling a bunch of eggs and grabbing them on the way to work works well for me.

Somehow I never thought to put an egg on a veggie burger... Will have to try it.

18. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I rarely do breakfast as eating right away when I wake up does not sit well for me. I have a couple of cups of coffee and then I am good to go.

I love though having a brunch as it is the best of both worlds for me. I can eat a few hours after waking up so it works.

1 person likes this.
  19. bockyhicker

bockyhicker Members

Water, water, and more water

20. beagles 'n' lox

beagles 'n' lox Typing Challened

I got a Hamilton Beach breafast sandwich maker as a gift. I thought, ugh, another useless kitchen appliance. I was wrong I love the thing. So once or twice a week I have bacon, egg and cheese on an English muffin.