What Do You Think Of This Hot New Color?

Discussion in 'Home Decor and Household Tips' started by mverch, May 4, 2006.

1. purplesage

purplesage Ah, fuck it...

Orange kitchen, how cool! Very 60s/70s

I also love the avocado idea that's been mentioned. In the bedrooms or something. An avocado and turquoise blue colour scheme was very popular in the 60s... same with turquoise/yellow, pink/yellow.

Ah, if only I wasn't renting... :(

2. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

orange with dark blue/turqoise blue and white accents looks great. i had orange sheets on my bed and really wanted to my walls orange but wasn't allowed. i have a lot of dark blue sun/moon stuff that i've collected over the years and it looked great with it, in my opinion. i like simple stuff for the most part, especially with such vivid colors... i love orange :)

3. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

I just bought a vacuum and it came in the avacado green color, I Like it :)

4. Zajko

Zajko Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The north bedroom of the house I just bought is painted in various shades of orange and peach, and is carpeted wall-to-wall with bronze colored shag. My first thought when I saw it was 'Arggh, I'm going to have to repaint this room', but now I am finding the color combination intriguing enough that I think I will try living with it for a while, and perhaps come up with some other bright colors to add to the mix.

5. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

lets see...the in color is supposedly ornage...ill go with purple :)

6. sweetdreadlover

ps my kitchen is black and green with lots of whicker and earth tones....im not a fan of plastic orange dishes and big oversized avacado microwaves...looks too cheesy and waaay too retro

7. HoneySuckleBlue

HoneySuckleBlue Cosmic Artist

[​IMG]

I love it! We just redid the laundry room and I am so happy and energized when i go in to do clothes with my new bright white washer and dryer. It is one of my favorite rooms now. I think our color is baked clay though. Bright orange would make me insane.

8. EarthChildOfPeace

EarthChildOfPeace Member

i am a scorpio and orange is my power colour. i love really rich, rusty, vibrant oranges. but trends? fuck that, wear or paint whatever you like and you think will be timeless, or at leas you'll like for more than one season.

9. Creek

Creek Apple Pie

It's One Of My Least Favorite Colors, And I Don't Vibe Off It At All.

10. sweetdreadlover

yup i think purple is my fave