what do you think of Ron Paul?

Discussion in 'Libertarian' started by czarpoesia, Feb 4, 2012.

1. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

I would invite you to follow my states battle with the feds over states rigts on medical pot. We are the avante-guard right now of states battling the feds in court over this very issue.

the latest;
    DEA investigates Montana state legislator for medical marijuana views

"So now, if you're a state legislator who has been working on medical marijuana laws, you are somehow part of a conspiracy," said Sands. "It's ridiculous, of course, but it's also threatening to think that the federal government is willing to use its influence and try to chill discussion about this subject."

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I actually have been following this. This is exactly why its so important for people to understand that state's rights is not some dinosaur remnant left over from the days of slavery. It is incredibly applicable today; more so even than the days of slavery because we're a more diverse country now than we were then.

3. 56olddog

56olddog Member

Ron Paul appears to be the ONLY candidate willing to lead the US back to a constitutional government.

4. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Lincoln also didn't want blacks to be in his house:
    "You and we are different races. We have between us a broader difference than exists between almost any other two races. Whether it is right or wrong I need not discuss, but this physical difference is a great disadvantage to us both, as I think your race suffer very greatly, many of them by living among us, while ours suffer from your presence. In a word we suffer on each side. If this is admitted, it affords a reason at least why we should be separated."

That is ignorant.
    At this time I'd like to direct you to the Tenth Amendment.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

5. SapphireNeptune

SapphireNeptune Member

Also, Aamendments can't just be approved by congress. They have to be supported by 2/3 of each chamber, and then ratified by 3/4 of the state governments.

6. Red Fox VII

Red Fox VII Member

He sucks.

7. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I think it's ironic when Libertarians label democrats sheep for showing the same degree of mindless reverence for Obama that Libertarians have for Ron Paul.

8. Bluenote

Bluenote Members

That's a blanket generalisation that's patently and provably untrue. And Ron Paul's entire schtick is based on rehashed Von Mises , Murray Rothbard and Lysander Spooner quotes delivered to folks who have never read the relevant literature , never mind beyond that to folks such as Josiah Warren , Proudhon , Molinari , Bastiat and myriad others.

There are many different and highly variable sub-genres of Libertarianism , just as with Anarchism. And you'll find the same base behind the two if you go back far enough.

9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I think he's great, and the Republican Party could use more people like him. Alas, he was too Republican for the conservatives. They were never going to back him. But he IS the change the GOP needs.

10. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Remember he is a fervent supporter of the John Birch Society which is an ultraconservative right wing organisation and promoter of dodgy conspiracy theories, (it believes President Eisenhower was a communist and wants to repeal civil rights legislation, which it sees as being Communist in inspiration).

Ron Paul said of them "The John Birch Society is a great patriotic organization featuring an educational program solidly based on constitutional principles. I congratulate the Society in this, its 50th year. I wish them continued success and endorse their untiring efforts to foster 'less government, more responsibility ... and with God's help ... a better world.'"

And he’s on records as saying that he doesn’t know how many positions they would have that he wouldn’t agree with.

https://www.hipforums.com/forum/topic/411181-would-you-vote-for-ron-paul/