What do you think of hothumid weather?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by seamonster66, May 25, 2007.

1. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmm clambakes :D

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The view is just like heaven, but occasionally it can be awkward when it's a family affair

:leaving:

Hotwater

3. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

not when you have an adopted female cousin fro Korea at birth like I do

;)

although my grandma said something along those lines before

have not and will not talk to her since

;)

seriously though, going to walk in the humidity and think not of frigid nipples

4. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Wow. I wanna go to a clambake or at least pick up a clambake.

:drool:

5. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i havne't gone to one in years, sadly :(

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Or at least pickup a clambake?

If I'm reading you correctly then here are three options to explore:

Gay Head - Martha's Vineyard, MA
    Moshup Beach
    Welcome to Moshup Beach on Gay Head Point, Martha's Vineyard. It is what every nude beach should be: open and tolerant about its nudity, and breath-takingly beautiful. You could easily spend the entire day here, lingering to watch the sun slip slowly into the sea. At the entrance to the beach, most of the swimmers are clad, and there are a lot of families with young children.

Provincetown, MA
    Herring cove
    The approved beach is a small sandy portion of town-owned beach near Race Point, abutting the Cape Cod National Seashore beach where nudity remains against the law.
    The new beach is designated, clothing-optional beach, Enter the beach at the far left side of the parking lot, and walk to your left down the beach. The nude area begins at the left entrance and extends almost as far as you would care to walk.

South Cape Beach Park Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    North Truro, Massachusetts
    White sand beach streaching for miles. No facilities available so bring your needs with you. Parking by permit only. Weekly passes available at beach during season or at Town Hall in the Truro Village.
    Like all beaches on the Cape, stay off of the dunes (not just a good idea -- it's the law).
    Directions: Follow Route 6 almost to the end of Cape Cod. In the Town of Truro, take a right onto Long Nook Road, and follow it to the end.

Hotwater

7. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

hot yeah ...i like breezes...i do not so well in too hot weather...humid is horrible..my hair goes fucking insane in humid weather :(
    i have alot of hair and all of it goes frizzy and i like having it straight, it goes crazy wavy in humid weather
    i loved PEI in the summer cause even if it got really hot there was always a breeze off the ocean :D
    even england was alright in the summer, when i was there it didn't rain much...dude it's only the end of may..having it get this hot already worries me...
    but bring on the thunder storms!!!
    sexy sexy thunder storms!!
    god i wish i had a pool :(

8. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

I haven't experienced much hot-humid weather, but I didn't like it when I did.

Now dry heat? I love it. On a warm day I'll often find myself driving with the fan but not the A/C on and it feels great.

9. TigerLily77

TigerLily77 Member

I must be in Palm Springs!!

10. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Ugh, I hate humid weather. It makes my hands and feet swell up and hurt. Ever since I was a kid it has happened. Plus, I hate feeling like I'm suffocating.

I prefer it to be 70 degrees all year around...luckily I'll be moving to somewhere much closer to that kind of weather than where I'm at now at the end of July...

11. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I despise anything over 70 degrees (F).

12. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I like it when it's humid...my hair behaves best on those days, oddly enough. We've been having a really humid spring and while it's torture at work (our a/c's are good, but not good enough to combat the heat of the kitchen), all the plants here are beautiful. I don't think I've seen this area this green in years, and I'm thrilled. I hope it's a very wet summer so we can get our lake back up.

13. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

Fuck hot. Fuck humid. Give me 75, overcast, and a slight breeze any day.

14. Smelly Socks

Smelly Socks is probably lurking

77 degrees, breezy, stormy with an occasional hint of sun so as to see a rainbow.

Now that is fucking perfect.

15. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

Sounds about right. You from the Pacific Northwest too?

16. Smelly Socks

Smelly Socks is probably lurking

Nah. Not from the Pacific Northwest, although that is where I hope to lay my head someday.

Midwestern gal, I guess you could call me. Not my cup o' tea though. One day I'll make it out to Oregon and settle on the coast.

17. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

I find hot + humid to be seriously oppressive. Cool or cold and humid is ok, hot and dry I can deal with, but hot and humid is just the worst.

18. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I love hot weather, but humid, no. I have seasonal asthma problems, and the humidity makes me start wheezing like crazy. This morning at 6:00 AM I went for a walk and the humidity level was at 97%. I felt like I could barely breathe, heck, I'm still short of breath and coughing and I got back maybe 20 minutes ago? So no, humidity for me is a bad thing.

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

immage the mose extreme string of explatives you've ever applied to the opposite of your preferences, and that will only begin to hint at how i feel about that kind of weather.
    other then the opposite extreme of all over frost bite and gangreen, i can't immagine a worse hell then the combination of hot and humid. even chills and a miserable sore throat. (are preferable, and as much lemon squeezins as i use i don't get that many sore throats any more. haven't for years as long as i've been doing so.)

=^^=
    .../\...

20. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

I love hot humid weather. When I was a kid I would stay with my grandparents for a few weeks in the summer. They didn't have air conditioning so at night you had to sleep with the window open. I loved it then and I love it now. The coldest I allow my room to be is 75 degrees. I guess that's part of the reason I love Georgia.