What do you think about punkers?

Discussion in 'Music' started by JanaXGIRL, Aug 24, 2005.

1. JanaXGIRL

JanaXGIRL Senior Member

I mean.. Do you find them stupid or dirty or ... disgusting? I'm asking coz a lot of people around me find them so.. and I admit I think they're great! I'm getting into punk more and more.. wow..

for example this guy is great! How could he make this hairstyle? It's art! :)
    [​IMG]

2. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Punks are OK... rarely give anyone trouble, usually against racism, and their way of dressing (at least that of the true 'dirty' punks) is great! They're more 'fuck it all' than most metalheads. Besides, dirty is fun! Beer is fun! Punk is fun!

3. Barbuchon

Barbuchon Member

They are fine to me, but I don't like them for what they look, it's all about what's inside, you know what you got in the heart. If they got that spirit that knows that we need a revolution for the right of the humanity, they're cool to me. If they just try to be hardcore and violent... well... fuck them.

But one thing I find weird about punk style is that they claim anti-materialism but everything they have cost a lot. They dye their hair, they always shave their head (that cost a lot of razors), leather jacket aren't cheap, all the studs and stuff cost a lot, you know what I'm saying. I know I'm just giving the physical description but you shown the pic man.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Nothing wrong with the old dirty punkstyle, I think. But I don't see them much around.
    Seems punk is dead after all :p

5. lakshen

lakshen Forn Siðr

not at all, you just gotta look the right places...

As for me, I love the punk style :D

6. timeoutofmind

timeoutofmind So Many Roads...

theres a couples punks at my school that are really cool, i have had some really good conversations with a few of them.

7. canadian_boy

canadian_boy Brohn Zmith

Yeah me too , I enjoy having conversation with the punks of my school. They are usually cool . And they are quite anti-etablishment and anti-materialism too.

8. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©

it is all relative... punk, methinks, is more of a set of ideals than a "style". but thats just me...

9. kif

kif Member

I dont give a shit if your purple, if your cool, your cool.

10. alice_d_millionaire

aaaaaaa-meeeennnnnnn

11. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I tend to think it has become more of a fashion than a movement. I certainly grew up loving punk and punk shows.

An interesting thing to look at, is many of the classic punk bands didn't look that stereotypically punk, with the exception of some of the UK bands like the Exploited.

Its really about stripping away the glamor and bullshit.

I think gutter punks are interesting nowadays, they are all over the world and seem to have this way of living that is similar wherever you go.

12. Jesus the Jedi

Jesus the Jedi Senior Member

i dont like most of the punks around here, they care more about the way they look then the people they say they hate.

i listen to a lot of punk, and i go to a lot of punk shows, but i hate going to some because unless im dressed like them (which i rarely have the time and energy to do) i get judged, iw alk into a venue and peoples stare at me for not dressing like them, its pathetic, i got yelled at for wearing a nin shirt at a punk show once.

but nothing beats the feeling of proving a 'punk' wrong about what they think they know so much about.

13. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

[​IMG]

14. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i dunno, i grew up in the punk scene in the early 80's (dont ever tell anyone) & it really was quite dumb, not all of it mind you (and it has evolved slightly so a few more punks arent entire wastes of skin) but back in thd day it was insane, i cant tell u how much crazy shit i'd seen ..at 1 show some girl spilled some perfume or some crap in the pit & about 50 skinheads decided her b/f maced them & all 50 at 1 time start stomping in his head & all the dumb punks stand around watching, too drunk or stupid to even react othertimes i'd seen gay bashings, & it wasnt even gays they attacked just people who happened to be walking on a certain block rummored to be somewhere gays hung out.& these wrre kids i knew who knew no openly gay people..well, the next day i introduced them to theyre ghousemtes & freinds who let me know they were gay ok thats off topic..but i fuess what i'm trying to say ids the music, the scene, all of it says anger & hatred are cool, but gives you nowhere to direct that anger & hatred.. & i see no point in hating everyone & everything..thank jah i grew out of it & survived.. i can tell you about 25 people i knew personaly didnt survive..& it wasall just so pointless like the music, the anger & the hatred

15. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

hmmm, I never noticed much hatred at punk shows, just a lot of fun and an energy release....the show and the music was the release, not to mention that many of the people had their own bands...of course I'm talking mid to late 80's and on because I was a little kid in the late 70's.

I don't believe there are many authentic punk bands or scenes going on now...just like there aren't many authentic "hippy" scenes.

16. whiskeymysticsman

whiskeymysticsman Member

alot of "punks" are cool people but every once in awhile youll run into the jackasses who are like fuck you and you should die if you dont like punk

17. I_got_life

I_got_life Member

they are interesting, but....some of them in Bulgaria are hostile

18. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

a lot of them these days are in it for the fashion...so the actual punks may be getting a bad rap.

19. junkhead

junkhead Member

punks are like any other ''subculture''
    they have cool fuckin people and they have jack-asses

20. alice_d_millionaire