What do you think about Lebanon's situation????

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by hip_peace, May 31, 2007.

1. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

Quite possibly it is - I have way too many conflicting cultural thingmebobs.

2. hip_peace

hip_peace Senior Member

well russians are known that they have bad temper well i think i took the positive out of it ( well i don't know the russians girls messed up their reputation here in Lebanon we have an area called ( maamelten ) it's ful of russians ( but for bad things like prostitution and dancing ....) but yes ur right they have a bad temper

3. hip_peace

hip_peace Senior Member

well it's like in the futur u just don't know what de hell ur gonna teach ur children about !

4. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

I'd hope i'd let them seek there own path .
    As long as they were open minded and used there mind - then i'd not care that much about forcing any of me and my thoughts onto them.

5. hip_peace

hip_peace Senior Member

yes i agree with you
    i always think about what My Child will turn like !
    but i beleive that by feeding my soul ( PEACE AND GOOD THINGS)
    My Child will born holding with him what i have fed for my soul

6. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

I like those sentiments very much - how good i'd be at doing any of that is a scarey thought.
    I'd just hope they never read anything i have said on the internet - they would think me nuts :)

7. hip_peace

hip_peace Senior Member

hehehehe:)

8. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

I'm glad I made you laugh :)

9. hip_peace

hip_peace Senior Member

i am too young to think of babies but i have this though in my mind
    that i have to feed my soul good stuff from now ( for exemple instaid of waching jerry's show i will wach national geo or disc... or something useful and by that i will be nurturing my heart by good things by avoiding bad things to my mind and heart

10. hip_peace

hip_peace Senior Member

well yes u did :) the laught u have to buy it here in my country it's nice to have a free one for a change :)

11. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

To be honest - unless I get a offer soon I doubt I'll have kids.
    But you never know !!!.
    I've always wanted to adopt a child [having been adopted myself].

''nurturing my heart by good things by avoiding bad things to my mind and heart''

I think I do that - I like gaining information - not that I don't watch the odd incosequential programme - or indulge in ''bad things''.

That is what I thought .

Anyhoo take care I have to go now.

It has been nice talking with you - very refreshing within the politics section of the forum - see you around no doubt. :)

12. hip_peace

hip_peace Senior Member

Thank you it's been really nice talking with you and see you around of course :) Take Care

13. guy

guy Senior Member

the current lebannon problem stems from the expulsion of the original owners in palestine why do you think rockets are fired from lebannon?

because the original owners are still at war with the people who stole their land.

instead of buying the land the israelis finally decided to just steal the land and therein lies the problem. the isaelis will find out the same thing as every other invader it is easy to walk in it is harder to stay and he longer you stay the harder it becomes.

a more prudent course would be for some sort of serious peace talks to take place, starting with withdrawl (with conditions ie the non militarilisation of evacuated area except for un peace keepers). yitzhak rabin was on his way to doing this before the religious right killed him.

perhaps if the israel supporters would pack their packs for the holy land perhaps some problems would be solved.

14. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

I thought that was what WAS occuring ?.

MOSHAV ZARIT, Israel -- With a rumble of tanks and armored vehicles, Israel withdrew the last of its troops from Lebanon early Sunday, fulfilling a key condition of the Aug. 14 cease-fire that ended a monthlong war against Hezbollah guerrillas.

The pullout ended a nearly three-month troop presence in Lebanon and cleared the way for the full deployment of an international peacekeeping force that will police the border with the Lebanese army. Israel sent its troops into Lebanon shortly after Hezbollah, a powerful militia backed by Iran and Syria, abducted two Israeli soldiers and killed three others in a July 12 cross-border raid.
    http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2006/10/02/251.html

http://www.irinnews.org/Report.aspx?ReportId=60552

I think it now goes well beyond the initial rationale - it just seems like a minority is dictating the mood and will of the majority.

15. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

And who might this minority be in your view?

16. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

The minority perpitrating the violence and hostility - be that from within goverments - military wings of political partys - the man/woman with a rocket or a gun in their hand aimed at the opposition.
    The majority of people are not not useing violence or formenting hostility are they ?.
    I think the majority of people are like hip_peace - just caught in the middle.

17. gardener

Israel is shooting off bombs and missils are they the minority?

18. Pepik

Pepik Banned

Israel ended the occupation of southern Lebanon, now Hizbollah (who are not Palestinians) attacks them from southern Lebanon. Israel ended the occupation of the Gaza strip, now missiles are launched every day from Gaza at Israeli civilians - not at Israeli settlements, at Israel itself.

Can you try looking a little closer at what is happening there instead of just blaming Israel for everything? Israeli citizens are not seeing a lot of evidence that trading land for peace works.

Israeli citizens are also seeing a lot of evidence that when the Lebanese army fires artillery into refugee camps, and kills civilians at roadblocks, nobody cares. But when Israel strikes back at Hamas or Hizbollah for firing missiles at their civilians... well go see the cartoon at the start of this thread. Apparently Israel is a "Nazi" regime when it defends its citizens.

19. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

I was NOT taking sides I was directing my comments at all sides - sorry if that was unclear.
    I'm not going to shoulder the whole blame on one side or the other.
    Like I said there is a minority and a majority - that is the case in the majority of conflicts all over the globe.

20. gardener

Easy to trade land that was gained by force. But Isreal is not willing to give up any land that it has usurped. Israel continues to bomb civilians. Israel will never be compared to Nazis in my mind. You are the one that brought them up.