What do you know about tweedle beetles?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by HippyLandscaper, Feb 7, 2009.

1. HippyLandscaper

HippyLandscaper learning a new way

I love reading to my children, but some books are way more fun to read. Plus, I've learned a lot about tweedle beetles

2. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

my daughter has a couple that i just LOVE. one of them is Today I Will Moo. and another is The Red Ranger Came Calling by berkely breathed. the illustrations are a freaking riot, and the stories are so FUN to read aloud. i especially love reading all the animal sounds really loud.

3. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

Tweedle Beetles? Well if I remember right, there was something about a tweedle beetle battle... and something else about a tweedle beetle poodle noodle battle, or something like that. I'm sure there was more, but I forget.

We read a lot of Serendipity books, Raggedy Ann, the Oz books, Jan Brett, Maurice Sendak and the Good Knight series. Oh! And we had the "complete classics" books for Thomas the Tank Engine, Winnie the Pooh, Beatrix Potter, and Curious George as bedtime stories - one chapter per evening.

When they were babies through about 3...ish, we also enjoyed Eric Carle, Margaret Wise Brown, and the guinea pig books by Kate Duke.

It's been awhile. These days we're reading Babysitter's Club, Hardy Boys, Eragon or other medieval-mayhem type books, and anything & everything by Gail Carson Levine.
    love,
    mom