What do you eat?

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by NatureDude, Oct 14, 2013.

1. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

What do you guys on here eat?

2. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Generally I eat a lot of of salmon,brown rice and roast vegetables when I'm trying to be healthy.Sometimes I break down and eat pork.I'm currently on a health trip though.I also eat apples and Brazil nuts.As a treat I'll occasionally have dark chocolate.Also porridge (oatmeal) for breakfast with honey.

3. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

I eat a broad range of different fruit and vegetables, grass fed beef, raw organic chocolate, nuts, occasionally fish, cereal with chia, and health bars. So anything thats natural basically. Extra virgin olive oil is delicious and I use that in my cooking. I don't eat bread very much.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

About 60-70 percent of my diet comes from healthy fats. The rest is protein, as well as carbs from fruit and vegetables. I eat a lot of organic chicken and turkey, grass-fed beef, grass-fed butter, pastured eggs, wild coho and sockeye salmon, whey protein, coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, kale, broccoli, romaine lettuce salad, organic apples, strawberries, blackberries, raw almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, sardines, dark chocolate (on occasion), chia, hemp and flaxseeds, kefir, lassi, and kombucha tea. In fact, I rarely eat anything other than what I just listed, with some variation. My eating habits are quite boring, but I don't mind it because it has me in peak health.

Things I WON'T eat: Anything with wheat, white rice, white flour, WHITE SUGAR/high-fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, grain-fed beef, farmed fish, deep-fried foods (except on rare occasion)... and absolutely NOTHING PROCESSED!!

75-80% of what I eat is organic. When it comes to meat, eggs and dairy, it absolutely has to be organic. Fruits and vegetables don't always have to be organic, but I prefer them to be whenever possible.

1 person likes this.
  5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

My main staples:

Spinach, Bell Peppers, Almondmilk, whole wheat breads (occasionally), Avocados, Black beans, freshly prepared soups, salads, fresh cheeses, dark chocolate :), broccoli, apples, fresh mixed berries, just about all fruits and veggies. Eggs, on occasion (although I won't buy them, generally), stir fries, etc.

Won't eat: meat, gelatine, fish. I also avoid processed food, white flour-based products, etc.

Food is very important to me, actually. I love to cook and explore the grocery store. I value health and eating well while at the same time practicing kindness to living creatures. It's the hippie in me :).

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm not super strict about my diet, I just don't eat processed foods and I try to only eat locally raised meat. Lately I've been trying to cut down on whole grains and eat more vegetables but its difficult because I LOVE pasta. I've been substituting pasta noodles with spaghetti squash. I've been on a salad kick because I can throw a bunch of "superfoods" together....yesterday I ate like 4 salads with kale, mushroom, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and an oil and vinegar dressing.

I do love comfort foods so I may not have what some people consider the healthiest diet, but I don't ever really eat processed foods and I try to stick to healthy sources of fat.

7. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

A lot of fruits and veggies, lots of fish (sustainably sourced whenever possible), rice once in a while, potatoes and sweet potatoes. I've been eating bagels with cream cheese for breakfast lately and I really need to get out of that habit as they're really not very good for you.

A standard dinner would be a piece of fish, a bunch of vegetables, and then some potato, sweet potato, or rice. Our meals are generally pretty boring, and it tends to just be the same theme with different types of fish, different veggies, and different starches.

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Uhhmmm, food?

9. Pressed_Rat

Sustainably sourced fish is always a million times better than farmed fish -- not only for the environment, but also your health. Farmed fish is just nasty, especially once you know what they're feeding the fish (mostly GMO soy and corn-based pellets). Wild salmon always looks healthier than farmed salmon because it is reddish in color as opposed to light pink-orange, which is because of higher levels of astaxanthin, which is a powerful antioxidant.

10. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I always try and buy fish approved by the Marine Stewardship Council (http://www.msc.org/). Most of the fresh fish in the grocery stores around here is sustainably sourced as well. Can't beat a nice piece of fresh salmon... mmm.

11. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

On Fridays , among other things, I eat a hamburger and baked (frozen) fries as well as soft peppermint candy :D. Sunday I eat pretty much what I want; but I try not to go too overboard.

The other 5 days of the week I try to eat right. I usually eat Lean Cuisine meals, sauteed onions and peppers and yogurt. Sometimes salmon or a turkey burger. Salmon is the Best :drool5: and the most expensive. I also eat dry cereal (for breakfast/when I get up)...I like Cheerios and non-sugared Chex. Cheese is often used. I like eggs and extra crispy bacon, and salads with honey mustard dressing.

The older I get the harder it is to deny myself something I get a craving for.

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Am I the only person here who eats a lot of bread? My breakfast consists mainly of bread and my lunch usually as well :p

As I understand most sushi salmon (at least around here) comes from norwegian salmon farms, I reckon it is not that healthy as being advertised after all :2thumbsup:

13. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

After years of a low fat diet, and struggling with symptoms like lack of energy and joint aches, I went back to eating red meat, whole milk, and dark chocolate.

(I also focus more on resistance training than aerobic work outs.)

So now, my diet looks like: whole grains, ground beef, vegetables, whole milk, cheddar, salami, peanut butter, dark chocolate, eggs, and brown sugar, non-iodized salt, and lots of olive oil.

I also have cheat meals on Saturday. Mc Donald's or Burger King, usually.

I put on a much needed 2kgs in weight and I'm basically strong as a fucking bull.

---

Edit: Also went back to drinking black coffee.

14. Pressed_Rat

Most sushi salmon is in fact farmed, which is the primary reason I have pretty much given it up, except on a rare occasion as a treat. Plus, the white rice poses an issue with my diet, too.

15. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Lots of this...

[​IMG]

16. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

^That looks absolutely fucking delicious right now.

17. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

I would like to eat more fish but I worry about trace amounts of toxic metals being present because of pollution. It seems like a sad fact about fish that its a double edged sword, both very good for you because of omega 3 and astazanthin but the toxic metals are a worry :(.

18. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I eat fish 2 times a week at least

19. im not a big fan of fish, but everything else i vacuum up lol

20. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

My plan is to go off cereal and dairy and have salads vegetables mushrooms and eggs instead.