What Do You Dream Of?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Terrapin2190, Jan 31, 2015.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

walking around in a world that seems perfectly ordinary, while at the same time very different from this one. sure, everything in waking life, appears in it some of the time,
    but most of the time, it is not dominated by human people at all.
    just as in this world, you feed energy to what you focus on. in the dream world this is much more self evident, and for me, much less anxiety causing.

it is ordinary in the sense that there is earth and rocks beneath my feet. there are mountains and forests. it is much as this world would be, if transportation policy weren't dominated by the automobile, nor land use by private ownership. it is much as if today's technology, coexisted with all land being public and free, there were no political boundaries nor building codes, and money, where it existed at all, was only to buy little things to play with or eat, but never for big things you needed to live, or stay out of trouble. the other major way in which my dreams differ from waking life, is i almost never see another sapient person, unless i am looking or wishing to do so. never have to interact with any, unless i wish to.

there are different details of geography. inanimate objects can change shape, texture and size (but don't usually do so in a way you can recognize their doing so while you're looking at them).
    if you turn around, what you see, might not be the same as what you saw walking forward past it.
    but it isn't a universe that just happens to you either. the way you affect your interactions with your surroundings, feels different then how you do here. but such ways do exist.

everything is possible. the probabilities are different then they are here. in many ways less obvious. there is less to stop me from exploring anything that interests me. fences seldom exist, except to create fun mazes. i don't think i've ever seen a keep out sign anywhere in my dreams at all. people leave things, where someone is living, and each other, alone just fine, without them.

there are no non-freedoms, other then to avoid annoying anyone.
    and everything does work just fine. mirrors, clock faces, books, computer screens. well mirrors are a bit veriable. so much so that they are considered flakey and unreliabe and one is hardly ever seen at all. but books and computer screens are not uncommon. all kinds of mechanical transportation are common. except cars that need gas. nothing seems to need to burn anything. no one gives a dam if you lay down and sleep wherever you are, but almost everyone prefers some kind of privacy. so much so, that again, you hardly ever actually see, anyone. even in what would generally be considered cities. there you see people off in the distance moving around. but that's all. often it seems like a world that has been mostly abondond. but then sometimes you do meet people. like i said. everything. but only sometimes. nothing is all the time like here. only the earth beneath your feet is there most of the time. but even that, you teleport, and sometimes levitate, but also ride all sorts of trains and sometimes buses.

just almost never is there something like a car you have to drive, or ride with someone else doing so. but the trains, sometimes you get to drive them. and sometimes they're almost empty. and sometimes they're almost full. but people just don't try to bother each other the way they do in this world. that's the one thing. which is why there is so little anxiety to feel. so completely a vacation from how much we have to in this life.

i don't know about utopian. i think more natural would be the word. other then in the sense of not messing things up they way people do here. i don't think anyone in my dreams, the few i meet or the many i don't, ever want to do that. they enjoy too much the world not messing things up has given them.

2. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I recall most of my dreams - (a notepad and pen by the bed helps - to jot them down)
    I can equate a lot of them with things that I have seen, heard or thought of during the day , but those I cannot, do get me to wonder. muse and attempt to comprehend in order to use, be prepared for and/or even create.
    Quite a few times they precede something that I was unaware would be happening - (so sometimes a good 'heads up')
    I embrace and hold them with due regard :)

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i dream of a world, on which, the people who live there, don't try to see how much they can get away with screwing up.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

all the little things that happen in everyday life in a parallel universe where some things work different.
    mostly it is forest and mountains, less often it involves cities, always it about places, or being in places,
    which is how i experience life also, and infrastructure, not always public transit, but often,
    is predominant in them. also it is odd houses or public buildings too.

and it seems in them, that i remember things like bus routes and geography
    from one dream to another. and the geography while mostly constant,
    is sureal in relation to our waking world.

this is in particular ways. places we think of as being east and west of each other,
    in my dream world literally are,
    unlike how they're often way off north and south of each other as well on a map in real life.

i tend to think it has something to do with where places with those names would be,
    if history had happened differently,
    and be differently i mean if beliefs hadn't come alone that make people hate logic,
    and that means a lot of wars had never happened,
    no empires or conquests either, possibly even no nations nor ideologies.

even in the cities. everyplace is more interesting this way,
    people build more maze like and everyone is more creative
    and there just isn't belligerence or hatred, or if there is,
    its all very far away, not absolute, and still has less effect on how places are,
    then what we are seeing the physical waking world.

other then distortions of geography,
    (and some may be set on worlds circling other suns)
    its really no other then how this world could be,
    if people didn't have the same things in their heads,
    that some people have in this one.

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Last night I had a dream that had something to do with drugs. I had a shit-ton of drugs. In the dream I was trying to hide it from some kind of authority but I don't remember any police being in the dream. It was weird. I don't know how often I dream of having drugs on me, but I feel like it's happened before too. Like this wasn't the only time.

1 person likes this.
  6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

in a nut shell, a small green planet in a distant galaxy, where people don't hate logic.
    maybe not even in this same universe, as some physical things don't seem to work the same way they do here.

or even this earth in a parallel universe, with the result being a very different cultural geography and demographic,
    but with very similar landscapes and terrain, or at least what they would be, given the cultural adjustment.

perhaps even the world or worlds, which had been my home, before this body i occupy now,
    before it had been born into this one.

places, its places not people, that dominate my dreams,
    infrastructure, arcitecture with a small a, gardens, forests, nature, even mazes of constructed spaces, with odd and sort of alien technolgies,
    not so much technologies we don't have mostly, but those and the use of those, driven by a very different, and thus 'alien' aesthetic.

7. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Honestly lately I've been watching things like American Horror Story and other random creepy flicks (''tis the season I guess)... my dreams have been really weird and a little creepy lately and I think that's why...

2 people like this.
  8. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I dreamt several times that I won the lottery, and I mean I won millions and millions of dollars. It seemed so real! But when I woke up to find that it was a dream....I WAS PISSED!!!

2 people like this.
  9. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I have dreams often that run the same theme, I'm locked out of my car or house, and I keep looking for people to let me in. Or I have my keys and keep dropping them, over and over, and I wake up eventually, and the doors were never opened in the dream. There are variations, like maybe I'm at work, and locked out...I keep knocking on the door, and my coworkers see me but they don't let me in. Or I'm locked out of my house and no one is home in the neighborhood to help me. I can never find my keys, sometimes, even though I know I put them into my purse (in the dream) Most annoying dreams ever. :bigcry:

2 people like this.
  10. Eric!

Same thing happens to me. Every time I watch a horror flick, I dream about that shit that night. I used to watch them all the time but I don't now. They are either scary as hell or pretty damn stupid now.

11. Eric!

I had this crazy dream along time ago that I was flying like superman, then it turned into a nightmare because I couldn't land! I kept flying over places I needed to land and couldn't get the hell back down on the ground!

1 person likes this.
  12. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I wonder what these dreams mean? Dreams where you are trying to do something, (land, unlock doors, etc) and you can never do it.

13. Eric!

I don't know. I've been trying to put it all together but the only thing I can think of is maybe it's a deep fear of something connected to it.
    I'm afraid of heights, so I have no idea why the hell I was flying. Doesn't make any sense.

1 person likes this.
  14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You seriously do NOT want to know...

15. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

The height thing makes sense. I wonder for me, if it has to do with wanting something, and not being able to get it. Or thinking I can't get it. I have been thinking for the past few months, of looking for a new job, and I never really do it. I just keep talking about doing it. Hmm....

16. Eric!

Is there hesitation in going through with it, because you might be afraid that you won't get accepted/hired?

1 person likes this.
  17. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I think the whole concept of dreams is pretty cool and I really don't know why some of the images/actions happen the way they do but it has to be some kind of memory in the subconscious that's reaponsible for dreams... so maybe why're just be lingering thoughts about something that comes out when we're asleep all out of the ordinary

1 person likes this.
  18. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Maybe, but I think I'm afraid to make a bad decision so I don't make one at all. And just keep talking about it. Lol Like suppose I quit a good job that I have and the next job is a disaster. Stuff like that goes through my head.

19. Eric!

Yep, goes through everyone's head, I'm sure. But this is the thing that holds so many people back, they never act upon and pursue thier dreams. Afraid of change, afraid to fail, etc. I've struggled with the same fears, but realized that I needed to overcome them and not be afraid to fail.

1 person likes this.
  20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

in the dreams i actually dream when i'm asleep, pretty much anything and everything.
    my subconscious still dreams in a world where people don't hate logic.
    this could partially be because my waking conscious mind still knows,
    that cultural values are the only thing that keeps people doing so,
    as well as giving me a little bit of a vacation from this world
    where people have convinced themselves they can't do otherwise.
    or that it would take universal perfection not to,
    which is silly because it wouldn't.

there might be cars and buses and streets and cities in some of them,
    and some places in the might still rely heavily on money like concepts,
    but these are not most places, and not how life works in most of them.

people don't try to impress each other with wasting materials and space.
    they'd rather enjoy comfort and what pleases the eye to them.

our waking world is a forgotten one of ancient history to them.
    so is there simply being so many people.

nature has mostly taken back over, yet people live comfortably,
    with as much technology as they really need or want to do so.

but not in a way that it comes between them and their gardens and the wild forest beyond them.

all of the technology of star trek exists, but it is used in a way that someone who wanted to live out in the woods by themselves would use it.

well like i say, its not all one way. anything and everything might appear in them.
    but i mean, its a world at peace, because there just aren't that many people in it to make it otherwise,
    even if some of them thought that way, which generally most of them don't.